Megan Thee Stallion is going through a lot right now, but not enough to shelf her next major project in SUGA, out March 6. The announcement was revealed earlier today on her social media accounts with a simple message: #REALHOTGIRLSHIT, replacing the other hashtag floating around the internet in regards to her label situation: #FREETHESTALLION.
It was just yesterday that she announced a new lawsuit filed against her label 1501 Certified Entertainment and its CEO, former Major League Baseball player Carl Crawford, for a minimum of $1 million USD. To sum up her claims, the Houston superstar alleges that 1501 has been (legally, albeit unfairly) taking 60% of her recording royalties, while the remaining 40% of profits are divided between herself and any collaborators featured on the project.
A judge in Harris County, Texas granted the rapper a restraining order against the label, and has since allowed Megan Thee Stallion to release her upcoming music as planned. The release date of March 6 was even hidden in the fine print. This news follows her collaboration with Brooklyn collective Phony Ppl for “Fkn Around” and the subsequent carwash-themed video. She also joined Memphis rap veteran Yo Gotti and Lil Uzi Vert for the viral hit “Pose.”
SUGA will be nine tracks long with features from Kehlani on “Hit My Phone” and Gunna on “Stop Playing.” Check out the tracklist below and stay tuned for a potential single headed this way in the future. In more music news, watch G Herbo’s “Gangbangin” music video which tells the story of countless Chicago youth caught up in ongoing gang violence.
— HOT GIRL MEG (@theestallion) March 4, 2020
View this post on Instagram