The Nintendo Switch console is upon us and with that said, kids of all ages will be excited to get their hands on the popular gaming machine. One fun fact that has emerged about the cartridges used to play the titles is that the video game company purposely made them with a bitter taste. Obviously, with little children around having their electronic fun, there’s the possibility of the small SD card-sized cartridges being eaten and swallowed because of curious kids.
A spokesperson told Kotaku, “To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (denatonium benzoate) has also been applied to the game card.” This bittering agent “is non-toxic,” they explain.
Kotaku correspondent Mike Fahey, took his investigation further by taste-testing past Nintendo cartridges. Watch above to find out more about the bitter-tasting Nintendo Switch cards.
— Fahey (@Bunnyspatial) March 2, 2017