Swiss-based CIES Football Observatory has once again compiled a list of the most valuable football players in the world for 2019/20. Taking the top spot is 21-year-old French superstar Kylian Mbappé who is worth €265.2 million EUR (an estimated $294 million USD), according to the study.
Second place goes to Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling with €223.7 million EUR (approx. $250 million USD) and third to Liverpool’s Mohammed Salah €175.1 million EUR (approx. $194 million USD). Jadon Sancho €168.9 million EUR and Sadio Mané €155.6 million EUR (approx. $187.5 million and $178.7 million USD respectively) rounded out the top five. G.O.A.T. Lionel Messi placed eighth with €125.5 million EUR (approx. $139 million USD). Check out the top 10 below:
The study by CIES Football Observatory looks at many factors including performance for both club and country, age, position, current league, and the economic level of the releasing club to determine the market value of a player. Head over to CIES Football Observatory for more details.
Top 10 Most Expensive Players
1. Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain) – €265.2 million EUR (approximately $294 million USD)
2. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) – €223.7 million EUR (approximately. $250 million USD)
3. Mohammed Salah (Liverpool) – €175.1 million EUR (approximately $194 million USD)
4. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) – €168.9 million EUR (approximately $187.5 million USD)
5. Sadio Mané (Liverpool) – €155.6 million EUR (approximately $178.7 million USD)
6. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) – €150.5 million EUR (approximately $167 million USD)
7. Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) – €134.3 million EUR (approximately $149 million USD)
8. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – €125.5 million EUR (approximately $139 million USD)
9. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona) – €123.6 million EUR (approximately $137 million USD)
10. Lautaro Martínez (Internazionale) – €115.7 million EUR (approximately $129 million USD)
In more sports-related news, Mayweather, Ronaldo, Messi, and more top Forbes‘ highest-paid athletes of the decade.