Nike Salutes The "Makers of the Game" With Special All-Star Releases

Kobe, LeBron, Riccardo Tisci and more get in on the action.

15,307 Hypes 3 Comments

It’s that time of the year for the sneaker community to be overwhelmed with releases. This year’s NBA All-Star weekend calls for another round of amazing drops as Nike has officially revealed its Makers of the Game selection. The upcoming range of footwear pays a respectful nod to basketball’s constant influence on culture from its own athletes to other notable artists who partake in intriguing collaborative projects.

Kicking things off is the recently revealed Nike Zoom Kobe 1 “Protro” with an UNDEFEATED twist. The collaboration places a traditional camo print onto Kobe Bryant’s reworked signature model with a white outsole and black accenting color on the Swoosh and inner lining.

Next up is Chapter 2 of KITH and Nike’s “Long Live the King” collection. Following a ”City of Angels” preview, LeBron James’ 15th sneaker returns boasting royal cloak-inspired embroidery on its Battleknit upper. Apparel will join the collection to complement the selection of footwear.

Nike will also introduce the “90/10” Pack allowing the wearer to add their own flair to an assortment of styles. With 90% of each sneaker’s initial design completed, the Swoosh leaves 10% up to your own discretion. Each model shares a white-based upper, ultimately providing you with a blank canvas for expression. The range will be comprised of the SF AF-1 Hi, Air More Money, Vandal Hi Supreme, Air Force 1 Low and Huarache models ranging from $110 to $200 USD.

The Air Foamposite One joins the All-Star festivities with a special Quickstrike iteration. Initially serving as a model for Penny Hardway in the ’90s, the futuristic-looking sneaker still makes an impact today. The original “Galaxy” colorway launched back in 2011 and the sneaker industry hasn’t been the same since. Now, a sample of that famed edition will officially hit retailers for $230 USD.

A trio of Nike Basketball models will also be seen on shelves and on-court in the KDX, Kyrie 4 and PG2 as they all hold special inspirations from the city of Los Angeles within their respective designs. This year’s battle of signature sneakers is set to be an interesting one thanks to the new roster format.

A Riccardo Tisci collaboration also makes its way into the collection alongside NikeLab. On- and off-court basketball styling is celebrated with special editions of the Air Force 1 High in addition to apparel. Similar to the duo that dropped back in October, Tisci’s imaginary Victorious Minotaurs squad return to combine the worlds of sport and luxury. Both pairs boast the familiar star on each lateral and medial side. Retail price will be $220 USD.

Last but not least is the long-awaited return of the “Wheat” edition of the Air Zoom Generation. This special iteration of LeBron James’s first signature sneaker with Nike made its debut during All-Star weekend as LeBron James would steal the show during 2004’s Rookie Challenge with highlight after highlight.

Nike’s Makers of the Game selection will begin releasing on February 15. Stay tuned to and SNKRS for additional information on the aforementioned drops.