UPDATE: Marshmello performed in-game at Fortnite‘s Pleasant Park location, “drawing millions of players,” according to Marshmello’s reps. The musician performed hit tracks like “Happier,” “Alone” and “Check This Out,” while developer Epic Games introduced timely Marshmello-themed skins and emotes. In line with the landmark performance, Marshmello introduced a line of commemorative clothes emblazoned with Fortnite-inspired graphics.
I burst into Dash’s bedroom at 11pm and screamed “Get out of bed! We’re going to a @marshmellomusic concert in Pleasant Park!”
We then danced and laughed and sang for 15 mins. It was actually incredible. @FortniteGame isn’t a game. It’s something else. pic.twitter.com/u5N59efuf6
— Robert Bowling (@fourzerotwo) February 3, 2019
— dakotaz (@dakotaz) February 2, 2019
If you thought that concert was lit, try coming to a real show. The Mellogang goes hardddddd!
— marshmello (@marshmellomusic) February 3, 2019
ORIGINAL STORY: Thanks to a series of leaks, gamers have confirmed that world-renowned DJ Marshmello will be taking his skillset to a very unusual arena: the world of Fortnite. Hackers revealed a flyer and Marshmello character model buried within the most recent Fortnite update, which detail a concert that will apparently go down in-game this weekend.
A confirmed fan of the game, Marshmello joined famed streamer Ninja at Epic’s recent E3 celebrity invitational tournament and took home first place, but this upcoming event is completely unique. Never has any musician or company hosted a live, in-game concert of this scale, leaving many wondering what to expect.
Forbes listed out all the info that has been confirmed so far:
– The event will begin at 2 PM ET on Saturday, though it’s not clear how long it will run for.
- It takes place in Pleasant Park, though you may see the lights/hear the music from anywhere on the map.
- It apparently will be its own LTM called “Party at Pleasant Park” with respawns enabled, meaning you will probably be able to kill each other during the party.
- There’s apparently a cosmetic bundle for the event which will include a Marshmello skin, pickaxe and spray. No word on pricing.
- There are some leaked animations that show “DJ dancing” for lack of a better term which would appear to be how Marshmello himself will act on stage.
- Object leaks have shown speakers, a stage, lights, all of which should be set up on the football field at Pleasant Park, presumably.
Stay tuned for Epic Games to reveal whether the leaked information is accurate or note, but it’s safe to expect an event to go down on February 2. In the meantime, view the leaked flyer and character model below.
Recently, it was confirmed that Fortnite was the most-played Nintendo Switch game of 2018.
— Lucas7yoshi_ // Fortnite Leaks (@lucas7yoshi_) January 29, 2019