If you’ve ever wanted to get your vintage Nikon camera or lens repaired, now’s the time to do it. The company’s imaging center in Japan is offering a bevy of repair services on your old and discontinued shooters. For example, a faulty body back on your 35mm SLR camera will be checked and restored. Moreover, dust and mold on your manual focus lens will be inspected and cleaned. Prices for the repair services will be determined for each request. Conclusively, the servicing will require approximately two to three weeks once the camera has been delivered to the Nikon Repair Center in Yokohoma.
View the repair options for vintage Nikon F, F2, F3, FM and Nikkormat cameras and lenses below. The repair options are now available for consumers in Japan until March 31, 2018. Details regarding whether or not these services will be offered outside of Japan are still pending.
Manual Focus SLR Cameras:
1. Winding mechanism inspection
2. Inspection of rewinding mechanism
3. Shutter speed inspection
4. Exposure accuracy check
5. Infinite matching inspection
6. Body back check
7. Mirror operation check
8. Speedlight emission / synchronous inspection
9. Appearance Check and replace malt plane
10. Appearance cleaning
Manual Focus Lenses:
1. Infinite matching inspection
2. Distance ring operation check
3. Check zoom ring operation
4. Aperture ring operation inspection
5. Diaphragm blade operation check
6. Inside the lens, dust and mold inspection
7. Appearance cleaning
Join Our Discussions on Discord
The HYPEBEAST Discord Server is a community where conversations on cultural topics can be taken further.