May 13, 2013 @ 01:13 PM
justinslayer

I think i dun goofed.

I applied to a school and they asked me to pick two majors, a second one just in case i don't get into the first one.

I got to the submit/pay your application fee page and i forgot that my mom had a problem with her card at the time. So i said fuck it and left the page, little did i know that my application was already submitted even though i didn't pay the fee.

The next week my mom sent a money order and told me to apply again with the same information, i did but an error popped up that said that I've already submitted an application using the same info and that i had to activate my account on the school's website just to check my status. I also picked two undecided majors this time just to be sure that i can get into the university it self.

So i activated my account and it said "Processing/Pending" but it still had the same old major from the week before and now i feel like shit because this major has more stricter requirements.

I called the school and asked them what my majors were and they said they're both undecided, idk if it was from when tried applying again with the same info or what. But they said it's not going to change on my account until i get admitted.
May 13, 2013 @ 04:04 PM
kbos

I doubt your choice in major will affect the decision much, if anything undecided might be better.
May 13, 2013 @ 08:31 PM
Panther.

Depends on the school. I.E. Wharton @ Penn yes. Mostly only elite colleges at universities do this. McIntire @ UVA (seperate app after 2 years), etc. For the most part though, there really won't be a difference.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

May 13, 2013 @ 11:24 PM
illpolo

Yes it does. Access to certain programs are going to be limited & directly affect your chances of getting in. Limited access programs often have a high GPA requirement etc., so if your shit isn't together you mine as whale nor waste your time.
May 14, 2013 @ 04:04 AM
kushburner

yes... look up impacted programs
May 14, 2013 @ 04:49 AM
bapa

sigh...you think engineers at the school had the same GPA as their photography majors?
May 14, 2013 @ 06:33 AM
drbazing

3.5 GPA to get in to my school's ECE program.
May 14, 2013 @ 06:56 AM
chicity1

It is best to declare a major in your application because colleges like to know that their applicants know what they want to do. I used to think that declaring "Undecided" would give me a good shot of admission, but that wasn't true. 
May 14, 2013 @ 08:02 AM
tronwin

Yeah, your major is extremely important
May 14, 2013 @ 10:56 AM
kbos

Huh, guess I was wrong. I go to a reputable university and people change majors so much or say they'll do one thing and end up undecided it always seemed like it didn't matter. I mean you can always e-mail some people or make some calls if you're worried that might help.

Please login first to reply.