Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 16, 2011 @ 08:24 PM
Juki

and does it matter to you? What really makes you buy/wear certain brands.....

Doubleclutchhoops.com

August 16, 2011 @ 09:14 PM
PrimeCo.

Personally it's a bit of a both, I like brands usually based off the lifestyle and what they represent, however I'm not big on a plain tee with a logo, they have to have visually appealing graphics.
August 16, 2011 @ 10:14 PM
AuthentikXXX

Streetweat is all about lifestyle and image, that's what seperates streetwear from just a shirt company.
August 16, 2011 @ 10:18 PM
erico223

Streetweat is all about lifestyle and image, that's what seperates streetwear from just a shirt company.

x2
August 17, 2011 @ 12:51 AM
Juki

true, but I figure people by more t-shirt logo brands for no other reason than superficial ones, like they want to be down or cool. Theyre considered more with lifestyle and image whereas companies that offer more clothing pieces and cutting edge design are popular for the product they put out. Streetwear seems to be somewhere in between....

but does it matter if your being sold an image rather than good clothing? sometimes I feel like companies spend more time picking out the photoshoot/models and all that stuff than the designs. Its like designs have become secondary....

Doubleclutchhoops.com

August 17, 2011 @ 03:29 AM
AuthentikXXX

true, but I figure people by more t-shirt logo brands for no other reason than superficial ones, like they want to be down or cool. Theyre considered more with lifestyle and image whereas companies that offer more clothing pieces and cutting edge design are popular for the product they put out. Streetwear seems to be somewhere in between....

but does it matter if your being sold an image rather than good clothing? sometimes I feel like companies spend more time picking out the photoshoot/models and all that stuff than the designs. Its like designs have become secondary....

I don't disagree at all but that can be said about most things these days. With the internet and social media most things are done for the image or to "be down" but at the end of the day the lifestyle they're selling is really what you're trying to be down with. Whether you're trying to be down with the streetwear scene and buy Supreme or Diamond, or you're trying to get down with the music scene and only wear band shirts.

I look for image and quality clothing. As trendy as it is perceived a lot of the smaller brands out right now are just trying to get their name out by biting the larger brands, so I'd rather wear a lot of the more established brands at the moment. As huge as DSC is getting you can tell that Nick puts a huge amount and time and effort and time into his brand and it's done thoughtfully.
August 18, 2011 @ 03:27 PM
originalhype

and does it matter to you? What really makes you buy/wear certain brands.....

Streetwear usually have much more into hype and image instead of lifestyle. When they design, they design for the present not for the future which is sad because a lot of designer are much into fashion forward instead of the present times.

What makes me buy them is the vision and how they design.

Check out my online store: www.selfscale.net SNAP03: Corroded Key Chain Fob $30.00 FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA SHOE01: Portable Shoe B

August 18, 2011 @ 07:46 PM
iBcPirate

I think it's half image for some companies like Supreme and Obey. That white shirt with the red rectangle that says their logo...like $30 and bitches buy it just because it's a straight up plain logo. confused
August 18, 2011 @ 07:53 PM
brandonthat1gu

Nike SB Batmans
Anyone know who selling these
August 18, 2011 @ 07:54 PM
brandonthat1gu

Nike SB Batmans
I'm trying to cop these
August 18, 2011 @ 11:58 PM
Juki

^good points, Im guessing Image/hype brands don't last too long because people who buy for hype aren't the most loyal customers. Whats a good example of a lifestyle brand then? and then one thats more design oriented like say visvim?

Doubleclutchhoops.com

August 19, 2011 @ 04:46 AM
johnathan

Yeah, streetwear is impossible to keep up with. Dudes can't have a streetwear brand and expect to stay hot, or even be hot. It's hard to launch because everyone is doing it and doing similiar shit. Also the trends are constantly changing so fucking quickly. You want a brand that's timeless like Gucci, or LV type shit. You want to have your brand putting out pieces that NOT tacky and very timeless, also to have a logo that's eye catching and unforgettable. So even if a dude's rocking a plain t-shirt from your brand when the other dudes check out the tags they think a certian way about him and about his lifestyle. If the shirt cost nothing to make that your name on the shirt will just automaticlly make the dude think it's top of the line material. Because alot of companys with high prices don't put out that good material. So I guess it is all about the lifestyle to keep your shit going. I think they advertise that more than the clothes themselves as well, you'll see them shooting people topless for their ads.

free max b 2013

August 19, 2011 @ 08:15 PM
Perfeqsionista

August 20, 2011 @ 01:12 AM
hiphopbackpacker

Lifestyle
September 15, 2011 @ 10:46 AM
Rockwe11

Lifestyle. Most brands are for the lifestyle. Either it is a cheap stuff or high end stuff, you want to fit into a certain category.
September 20, 2011 @ 02:11 PM
gamesnacks

Heh. smile
September 20, 2011 @ 02:14 PM
gamesnacks

For me, clothes are about fun. I do think that streetwear is a balance of lifestyle and clothing. It only makes sense for it to be that way. I remember a debate with one of my teachers in high school a long time ago. I was sitting in class and for some reason I had told him that the way we dress is a chance to express ourselves. He disagreed and was asking me, "How?" I just told him that clothes for some of us is expression and expression is a lifestyle. So, yeah ...

I don't think I buy "brands." I could care less if it has a logo on it or a brand. If it is nice and I want it then I buy it. Sometimes it IS the brand however that makes the clothes. Maybe it has a cool logo or maybe the idea behind the company is a part of who you are.
September 20, 2011 @ 02:15 PM
gamesnacks

I want good quality and clothing instead of an image.

Please login first to reply.