Hyundai Completes Its $1.1 Billion USD Acquisition of Boston Dynamics

Now owning an 80 percent stake in the robotics company.

Tech 
6,534 Hypes 4 Comments

Hyundai has now completed its $1.1 billion USD acquisition of Boston Dynamics.

The deal was announced back in December last year, with a stated price of roughly $921 million USD at the time. Hyundai’s new acquisition now gives it an 80 percent stake in the robotics company, with the remaining 20 percent retained by SoftBank, Boston Dynamics’ previous owner since 2017.

“By acquiring Boston Dynamics and securing a leading presence in the field of robotics, the Group takes another major step toward its strategic transformation into a Smart Mobility Solution Provider,” reads a statement from Hyundai. “To propel this transformation, the Group has invested substantially in the development of future technologies, including autonomous driving, artificial intelligence (AI), Urban Air Mobility (UAM), smart factories and robots.” The new deal will also see the two companies leverage their manufacturing, logistics, construction and automation capabilities, creating what it calls a “robotics value chain.”

In other business-related news, PUBG developer Krafton is targeting a $5 billion USD South Korean IPO.

Read Full Article

What to Read Next

BTS Engages in Robot Dance-Off to Welcome Hyundai  and Boston Dynamics Acquisition
Tech

BTS Engages in Robot Dance-Off to Welcome Hyundai and Boston Dynamics Acquisition

Seven Spot robots also dance in unison to “Ioniq: I’m On It.”

The NYPD Returned Boston Dynamics' Robot Dog Following Backlash
Tech

The NYPD Returned Boston Dynamics' Robot Dog Following Backlash

Spot was leased for $94,000 USD to the police department.

Boston Dynamics Welcomes "Stretch" Warehouse Robot to Its Family
Tech

Boston Dynamics Welcomes "Stretch" Warehouse Robot to Its Family

The company’s answer to the growing demand in e-commerce.


Hyundai Acquires Boston Dynamics From Softbank for $921 Million USD
Tech 

Hyundai Acquires Boston Dynamics From Softbank for $921 Million USD

Pushing robotics as one of its core areas of growth.

The Air Jordan 3 Is Set To Receive a "Cardinal" Colorway
Footwear

The Air Jordan 3 Is Set To Receive a "Cardinal" Colorway

Inspired by the classic Air Jordan 7 “Cardinal.”

Wingstop Introduces "Thighstop" Concept Due to Chicken Wing Shortage
Food & Beverage

Wingstop Introduces "Thighstop" Concept Due to Chicken Wing Shortage

An exclusive partnership with DoorDash.

Quavo Celebrates Winning $10,000 USD Bet Against Meek Mill After Atlanta Hawks Beat Philadelphia 76ers
Sports

Quavo Celebrates Winning $10,000 USD Bet Against Meek Mill After Atlanta Hawks Beat Philadelphia 76ers

“Appreciate ya Business,” Quavo tweeted to Meek Mill.

Watch Dave Chappelle and Foo Fighters Cover Radiohead's "Creep"
Music

Watch Dave Chappelle and Foo Fighters Cover Radiohead's "Creep"

The surprise performance took place at Madison Square Garden’s first full-capacity show since the start of the pandemic.

'Shutter' and 'The Wailing' Directors Team up for New Thai-Korean Horror Film 'The Medium'
Entertainment

'Shutter' and 'The Wailing' Directors Team up for New Thai-Korean Horror Film 'The Medium'

Banjong Pisanthanakun and Na Hong-jin’s upcoming film hits theaters this July.


Take a First Look at Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne in 'The Flash'
Entertainment

Take a First Look at Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne in 'The Flash'

Shortly after getting a look at his iconic yellow symbol Batsuit.

Carl Nassib Makes NFL History As First Openly Gay Active Player
Sports

Carl Nassib Makes NFL History As First Openly Gay Active Player

Also announcing a $100,000 USD donation to the Trevor Project.

Futura Issues Statement Regarding TNF Lawsuit, Reveals Threat to Pay Lawyer Fees
Fashion

Futura Issues Statement Regarding TNF Lawsuit, Reveals Threat to Pay Lawyer Fees

The outdoors specialist referred to him as a “self-described street artist who sometimes uses an atom motif.”

Dame Dash Claims He Is Selling His Entire Roc-A-Fella Stake and Not the 'Reasonable Doubt' NFT
Music

Dame Dash Claims He Is Selling His Entire Roc-A-Fella Stake and Not the 'Reasonable Doubt' NFT

Adding that JAY-Z’s offer to buy his 1/3 share was too low.

The adidas YEEZY BOOST 350 V2 "Mono Cinder" Expected to Release This Month
Footwear

The adidas YEEZY BOOST 350 V2 "Mono Cinder" Expected to Release This Month

A sleek take on the updated model.


More ▾
 
Subscribe to our Newsletter

Gain access to exclusive interviews with industry creatives, think pieces, trend forecasts, guides and more.

By subscribing, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Adblock Detected.

We charge advertisers instead of our readers. If you enjoy our content, please add us to your adblocker's whitelist. We'd really appreciated it.