Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread

Aug 03, 2014 @ 06:18
im a dead broke kid still in highschool. i know that if i had any money to create a brand it would look exponentially better than a gingerbread man on a tank top.
Thank you for providing the context of who you are and mental state. 1) Understand art is perceptive, and your tastes are of that alone, yours. Thats where it stops. Now being since you, the dead broke kid in high school, doesn't voice the opinion of every individual on this forum, I'm now going to move my attention away from you and address others, this was fun.

2) Our brand URBN Cookies, LLC seeds from the philosophy of Ralph Waldo Emerson with our motto being "Go where there's no path then leave a trail". It's about walking down a road that's never existed, and leaving a trail of crumbs behind provoking/ inspiring the youth to do the same. Our products come in cookie boxes and are sprayed with a cookie scent. Snapback, Tank, Shirt, name it, arrives smelling like fresh vanilla baked goods. We're looking to expand later from streetwear into hardware by collaborating with skateboard brands like Chocolate to create skate decks & Animal bmx for Cookie Dough Camo bike frames. Here's a visual of our last streetwear trade show we attended in Orlando, FL & our Red Velvet Snapback. 

i can respect art, i just dont respect people who think they are the next james jebbias because they can remove a letter from a word and screenprint some t shirts with the cookies on them. i would find it hard to believe that you guys could have possibly put more than 15 minutes of thought into making this brand.
That's a pretty feeble statement. You see a box and you automatically associate with James Jebbia, kind of ironic. But na, copping the whole style of a middle-aged visual artist like Barbra Kruger isn't really my style. A little pastiche for my taste, no pun. But on the real call me nike I'll check you every step of the way if you don't come correct with information, I'm not the one. Real energy is needed in these forums anyway. URBN Cookies is organic. I posted for feedback, not incomplete thoughts. 
Aug 03, 2014 @ 07:17
Starting a clothing project soon, just wanted to see what you all think.

Icarus Complex

Aug 03, 2014 @ 07:18
tank topThank you for providing the context of who you are and mental state. 1) Understand art is perceptive, and your tastes are of that alone, yours. Thats where it stops. Now being since you, the dead broke kid in high school, doesn't voice the opinion of every individual on this forum, I'm now going to move my attention away from you and address others, this was fun.

2) Our brand URBN Cookies, LLC seeds from the philosophy of Ralph Waldo Emerson with our motto being "Go where there's no path then leave a trail". It's about walking down a road that's never existed, and leaving a trail of crumbs behind provoking/ inspiring the youth to do the same. Our products come in cookie boxes and are sprayed with a cookie scent. Snapback, Tank, Shirt, name it, arrives smelling like fresh vanilla baked goods. We're looking to expand later from streetwear into hardware by collaborating with skateboard brands like Chocolate to create skate decks & Animal bmx for Cookie Dough Camo bike frames. Here's a visual of our last streetwear trade show we attended in Orlando, FL & our Red Velvet Snapback. 

i can respect art, i just dont respect people who think they are the next james jebbias because they can remove a letter from a word and screenprint some t shirts with the cookies on them. i would find it hard to believe that you guys could have possibly put more than 15 minutes of thought into making this brand.
That's a pretty feeble statement. You see a box and you automatically associate with James Jebbia, kind of ironic. But na, copping the whole style of a middle-aged visual artist like Barbra Kruger isn't really my style. A little pastiche for my taste, no pun. But on the real call me nike I'll check you every step of the way if you don't come correct with information, I'm not the one. Real energy is needed in these forums anyway. URBN Cookies is organic. I posted for feedback, not incomplete thoughts. 
ill say youre fairly well spoken, but you also want to make cookie dough camo bike frames. i also see you have two accounts so that you can upvote the garbage that nobody else is upvoting, but i digress. do you really see yourself blowing up a few years from now? you sir, are delusional, unless you improve from the garbage youve posted so far. From what i see here, you have nowhere to go but up because right now you are basically at rock bottom.  

HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS

Aug 03, 2014 @ 07:51

not a fan of the name but your drawings are tight

Aug 03, 2014 @ 08:05
^ Thank you I appreciate it, I realize that the name of something is what you make it. I have spent years deciding what to call this project, it has come down to Nomad or Icarus Complex. I might go with Nomad just because it's simpler. Both have a lot of meaning to me. These are just sketches, minor tweaks will be made. Looking for a release in late September or October if financials work out and what not.

Icarus Complex

Aug 03, 2014 @ 08:16
Hello, my name is Jamaall and I run "TheDiamond96" store on Storenvy. This is around my 3rd time posting here, taking in the advice and criticism I was given. To clarify a few things, I am not a designer, I work with other designers who are familiar with these things and we try to make a living. Second, just because my name includes the word Diamond does not mean we are a copy of "The Diamond Company". Thanks! I would appreciate it if you guys could check it out. It's not much but around 10 shirts posted, but your advice is what keeps me evolving. Thanks.

http://www.thediamond96.storenvy.com/
Aug 03, 2014 @ 15:31
Ralph Waldo Emersoni can respect art, i just dont respect people who think they are the next james jebbias because they can remove a letter from a word and screenprint some t shirts with the cookies on them. i would find it hard to believe that you guys could have possibly put more than 15 minutes of thought into making this brand.
ill say youre fairly well spoken, but you also want to make cookie dough camo bike frames. i also see you have two accounts so that you can upvote the garbage that nobody else is upvoting, but i digress. do you really see yourself blowing up a few years from now? you sir, are delusional, unless you improve from the garbage youve posted so far. From what i see here, you have nowhere to go but up because right now you are basically at rock bottom.  
Let's call a spade a spade. That's the prediction of a "dead broke kid still in high school". Your word has no credentials.
Aug 03, 2014 @ 15:36
tank topThank you for providing the context of who you are and mental state. 1) Understand art is perceptive, and your tastes are of that alone, yours. Thats where it stops. Now being since you, the dead broke kid in high school, doesn't voice the opinion of every individual on this forum, I'm now going to move my attention away from you and address others, this was fun.

@urbncookies

URBN Cookies, what's good fam.

First off, it was a pleasure meeting you at The Black Mxrkt Tradeshow. Sorry we couldn't chop it up during the event, but the music was way too loud and I got caught up. But I definitely want to chop it up with you on the next event, because I think you guys have a respectable and well thought product. Regardless of what these people think, don't go by what they say. They want hand drawn slop by a 5 yr old, or played out anime in reverse colors and put in a box on a tee.

Keep doing you, and think beyond the lame comments.

Peace, B.A.R.S
Aug 03, 2014 @ 17:28
Ralph Waldo Emersoni can respect art, i just dont respect people who think they are the next james jebbias because they can remove a letter from a word and screenprint some t shirts with the cookies on them. i would find it hard to believe that you guys could have possibly put more than 15 minutes of thought into making this brand.
@urbncookies

First off, it was a pleasure meeting you at The Black Mxrkt Tradeshow. Sorry we couldn't chop it up during the event, but the music was way too loud and I got caught up. But I definitely want to chop it up with you on the next event, because I think you guys have a respectable and well thought product. Regardless of what these people think, don't go by what they say. They want hand drawn slop by a 5 yr old, or played out anime in reverse colors and put in a box on a tee.

Peace, B.A.R.S
You nailed it right on the head, half these kids speak so boldly and out of place then turn around and shop at the nearest Pac Sun. Minds are backwards. Much love and respect though. The next tradeshow we're attending is in Tampa's convention center http://www.basexpos.com/  DM me on IG if you still want to chop it up. (@URBNCookies)
Aug 03, 2014 @ 18:12
@urbncookies

Peace, B.A.R.S
You nailed it right on the head, half these kids speak so boldly and out of place then turn around and shop at the nearest Pac Sun. Minds are backwards. Much love and respect though. The next tradeshow we're attending is in Tampa's convention center http://www.basexpos.com/  DM me on IG if you still want to chop it up. (@URBNCookies)
Yup. No doubt. I might do that event, gotta see whats on the agenda. Just followed you on IG, check for @BURYRIVALS.

Peace, B.A.R.S
Aug 03, 2014 @ 18:41
Let's call a spade a spade. That's the prediction of a "dead broke kid still in high school". Your word has no credentials.
funny how you say my input has no value. im in the larger part of your consumer base and i know that if anyone came to my school in a hat the said urbn cookies on it, they would get flamed. and dont assume that just because that im in high school that i know nothing about streetwear. ive been on this thread for half a year and ive seen many brands like yours come and go like the seasons. i know zero people that would wear something with the name urbn cookies on it in a non satrical fashion, you guys are going nowhere.

Aug 03, 2014 @ 19:03
nikeill say youre fairly well spoken, but you also want to make cookie dough camo bike frames. i also see you have two accounts so that you can upvote the garbage that nobody else is upvoting, but i digress. do you really see yourself blowing up a few years from now? you sir, are delusional, unless you improve from the garbage youve posted so far. From what i see here, you have nowhere to go but up because right now you are basically at rock bottom.  
funny how you say my input has no value. im in the larger part of your consumer base and i know that if anyone came to my school in a hat the said urbn cookies on it, they would get flamed. and dont assume that just because that im in high school that i know nothing about streetwear. ive been on this thread for half a year and ive seen many brands like yours come and go like the seasons. i know zero people that would wear something with the name urbn cookies on it in a non satrical fashion, you guys are going nowhere.
But you'd rock pink dolphin right? Oh. Listen kid I'm done trolling you. You don't even have a valid point to the conversation anymore. An emotional person is a distracted person and you're all over the place. I've already made sales in the interim of this conversation and exposure. I've got cookies to bake and money to count. 
I wish you a trajectory of mind. PCE
Aug 03, 2014 @ 19:31
But you'd rock pink dolphin right? Oh. Listen kid I'm done trolling you. You don't even have a valid point to the conversation anymore. An emotional person is a distracted person and you're all over the place. I've already made sales in the interim of this conversation and exposure. I've got cookies to bake and money to count. 
best of luck to you, youll need it blushing

Aug 03, 2014 @ 19:43
It is not the best name but it may be do-able. Who knows. Maybe it's the logo. It might work better/look more credible w/ the work 'urbn' in a cursive single stroke font. The current logo is ok. When I came up with my brand name I tried to envision something that could be in a major dept. store and that would stick in your head.

People will always have something to complain about though. You have to know where to draw the line between harsh constructive criticism that can better your company and people who think they know what they are talking about.
Aug 04, 2014 @ 01:00
These are some of my designs, what do you guys think. I am not in the production stages of my brand, but soon will be. I will offer different colored shirts, this is just temporary. Constructive criticism is welcome. 

Which designs from these sheet would you purchase, if you were to? -Thanks
^^^^IMAGE DELETED
^^^^IMAGE DELETED
Aug 04, 2014 @ 01:10

This is nice man,good work !Thank you very much brother, glad you like it!

Icarus Complex

Aug 04, 2014 @ 03:56
Aug 04, 2014 @ 06:17
These are some of my designs, what do you guys think. I am not in the production stages of my brand, but soon will be. I will offer different colored shirts, this is just temporary. Constructive criticism is welcome. 

Far right on the bottom shows the most potential, really nice use of color from what I can see. Far right on the top looks interesting, but those outline rectangles beneath the design make the overall composition too busy. Taking the text out of the top rectangle and making it smaller would look nice, I think. I'd say work off those two, the others play off pretty played out themes ("Live Free," lion imagery, etc.)
Aug 04, 2014 @ 08:24
Is there any other major streetwear / action sport type trade shows besides Agenda, Bright, Knowshow and Venue?
Look up ISS (Imprinted Sportswear Show)
Aug 04, 2014 @ 08:35
Very insightful comment. Feel free to share your creative work. 
im a dead broke kid still in highschool. i know that if i had any money to create a brand it would look exponentially better than a gingerbread man on a tank top.
Thank you for providing the context of who you are and mental state. 1) Understand art is perceptive, and your tastes are of that alone, yours. Thats where it stops. Now being since you, the dead broke kid in high school, doesn't voice the opinion of every individual on this forum, I'm now going to move my attention away from you and address others, this was fun.

You can post as many pictures and write as much text. I haven't even reached the bottom of this page yet. Remember this: in business, its nothing personal; ITS JUST BUSINESS. When you come here to post about your brand, you're basically asking to get crapped on rather than praise because we come here for CRITIQUES. Not sugar coated compliments. We want cold hard details to make us better and bolder brands. When you take things personally and if you can't separate yourself from passion and business, that's when you go wrong. You don't fall in love with your brand, you fall in love with the market. And if its the other way around, you have A LOT of rethinking to do. And the whole cookie thing isn't "cool" anymore since a lot of people are doing it. Some are doing it better. I'd rather buy from a company that ships in pizza boxes (http://www.teezeria.com/) than cookies. Because its fresh (pun intended). If you take every single critique personally, then you might as well get out of business altogether. All advice I give is a take it or leave it thing. I do not read defensive/justification responses nor reply to them because I am involving myself in this community to help others grow. We all come and start from the same place. Might as well help another person get closer to where you want to see yourself. Some last pieces of advice: nobody likes "behind the scenes" pictures if they're uninteresting (like those above). If you had your "behind the scenes" in a bakery, having your "hot" shirts coming out of an oven, and have everyone dirty with flour and stuff, yknow be creative with your photography, then that'd be way more interesting than seeing hats on cookies. Why dont we see your hats coming out of a hot oven on a cookie tray? Food for thought. (more puns yay)
Aug 04, 2014 @ 08:37
Goodbye Sober Day Clothing

www.GoodbyeSoberDay.com
please... stop... i cant.
Aug 04, 2014 @ 08:43

Absolutely fell in love with the blue rose, i'd totally buy it if the design were to lose the text and focus more on the rose. Thats the only one that I like. Rest are overdone/too plain/meh.
Aug 04, 2014 @ 16:22
(Invalid img)(Invalid img)(Invalid img)

New wool cap, brought to you by @ChillApparel.

www.ChillApparel.com
Aug 04, 2014 @ 17:24
Dude, you are not getting the spirit of this feedback thread. You are getting too emotional about critics that are not destructive or anything close to what some brands have seen here in the past. It looks like you read a lot and sure have been to lectures and trades, but you don't seem to be listening to other people's opinions and that may be one of the reasons why you are under fire here. I will share my thoughts on your products and overall presentation, if you don't mind.

1 - Name: I can tell you are not aware of the other startup brands of the feedback thread. Have you clicked 3 or 4 pages back and you would find a post from this brand http://liveloveurban.com/shop/ who stick to the "URBN" thing just like you. Guess what? Some people said he could improve on the pictures and designs, and he took the criticism a lot better than you. So, if you are planning to do some network or marketing (disguised as "i want honest feedback"), you should have done your homework better to get people's attention and respect. No one will buy your name as something thoughtful and original because we have seen it before...

2 - Cookies: Personally, i think it screams Johnny Cupcakes cute-food-trend. Even the way you relate to your activities is similar: "ill bake some products" and stuff like this. The only problem is that JC is millionaire and can hire great designers to keep presenting good artwork based on a food concept, and you don't.

3 - Photos: Not sure if it is a case of blame it on the pictures, but your products look cheap. The colors look bland on your models and there are no pictures that can tell the amount of attention to detail. Do they have your own or gildan tags? Can't tell. The picture with the hats and cookies, man, i think it looks dirty. You are not helping the cookies or the hats at all. Don't mix your products with food like you did. It you want that hat to look better, forget about the cookie crumbs and size down the stroke you used on the word Cookies, cuz it looks like "Cookios" and its touching the upper word weirdly.

A lot of concept and promotion won't do it if you don't step up on the tangible aspects of your products. You look like a business-oriented person (even though "U MAD" too easy and that's bad) so try to find some professional designers and they will give you a better art direction for your plans.

Aug 04, 2014 @ 17:54

Hey Everyone, 
In a few days I will be posting my full look book for my Gone Fishing Collection for my brand Bluu Dreams. Here are the behind the scenes photos from the shoot. Let me know what you guys think. The full collection is available at the online shop. 

http://shop.bluudreams.com/

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

Aug 04, 2014 @ 19:04
Is anyone in this group talented enough to help me with a project. Its not really a brand more of thing where we would put pieces out. I have a current idea, pretty basic. Sort of like a HBA shirt wear i would utilize screenprint on a button up. I dont want to give to much away but if anyone believes they have the connections and talents to put it together you can message me or email me; jaylen.white97@gmail.com
Aug 04, 2014 @ 19:29
Is anyone in this group talented enough to help me with a project. Its not really a brand more of thing where we would put pieces out. I have a current idea, pretty basic. Sort of like a HBA shirt wear i would utilize screenprint on a button up. I dont want to give to much away but if anyone believes they have the connections and talents to put it together you can message me or email me; jaylen.white97@gmail.com
(Invalid img)
Aug 04, 2014 @ 19:30
(Invalid img)
Aug 04, 2014 @ 20:15
Dude, you are not getting the spirit of this feedback thread. You are getting too emotional about critics that are not destructive or anything close to what some brands have seen here in the past. It looks like you read a lot and sure have been to lectures and trades, but you don't seem to be listening to other people's opinions and that may be one of the reasons why you are under fire here. I will share my thoughts on your products and overall presentation, if you don't mind.

1 - Name: I can tell you are not aware of the other startup brands of the feedback thread. Have you clicked 3 or 4 pages back and you would find a post from this brand http://liveloveurban.com/shop/ who stick to the "URBN" thing just like you. Guess what? Some people said he could improve on the pictures and designs, and he took the criticism a lot better than you. So, if you are planning to do some network or marketing (disguised as "i want honest feedback"), you should have done your homework better to get people's attention and respect. No one will buy your name as something thoughtful and original because we have seen it before...

2 - Cookies: Personally, i think it screams Johnny Cupcakes cute-food-trend. Even the way you relate to your activities is similar: "ill bake some products" and stuff like this. The only problem is that JC is millionaire and can hire great designers to keep presenting good artwork based on a food concept, and you don't.

3 - Photos: Not sure if it is a case of blame it on the pictures, but your products look cheap. The colors look bland on your models and there are no pictures that can tell the amount of attention to detail. Do they have your own or gildan tags? Can't tell. The picture with the hats and cookies, man, i think it looks dirty. You are not helping the cookies or the hats at all. Don't mix your products with food like you did. It you want that hat to look better, forget about the cookie crumbs and size down the stroke you used on the word Cookies, cuz it looks like "Cookios" and its touching the upper word weirdly.

A lot of concept and promotion won't do it if you don't step up on the tangible aspects of your products. You look like a business-oriented person (even though "U MAD" too easy and that's bad) so try to find some professional designers and they will give you a better art direction for your plans.

I respect your critique and the breakdown of it all. Calling it for what it is, starting a brand is no easy feat and constructive criticism like yours pushes me into observing and acknowledging the flaws and areas that need work. This was our first cohesive collection so many mistakes were made and Ls taken. The photography, product focus, and design bits hit home to me and I'll place weight on them when I design the next. 
I'm currently working on our next collection and would like feedback on this camo we created. We took duck camo and blended it with desert camo to create what we call "cookie dough camo". We're entertaining the idea of making buckets and socks. I understand it looks Bapish, I'm trying to steer away from that. Constructive thoughts?

Aug 04, 2014 @ 20:39
Could you give me some comments on my clothing brand, nothing is on sale yet, they are all prototypes and i wanted to get some comments on them all before i start the brand up properly. All the photos are on the tumblr.

Also what do you think of the name?

http://lasterany.tumblr.com/

Also does anyone know where in the UK I can get long t-shirts/hoodies printed?
This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.