FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
January 20, 2014 @ 01:18 AM
HWYS - Joey

My name's Joey and I make clothes. I do all the work myself. Highways Co. is a one man operation. I'm based out of Cleveland, OH. and this thread will chronicle my humble start-up.

I'm in the beginning stages and currently sending out some samples to fellow members. I'm also working on the website and will hopefully have my project up and running by the end of February for a late SS14 release. The first capsule will have 4 designs and will incorporate short sleeves, long sleeves, raglans and maybe some ipad carrying bags.

I hope you guys like my ideas and I promise to put 110% effort into making this a lasting relationship. 
Joey L.
@highwaysco
highwaysapparel@gmail.com

Double Crossed  
Gray plastisol ink screen printed onto black long sleeve. This is my first sample - still deciding on shirt colors.

Jeepers Reapers
White plastisol ink screen printed onto navy long sleeve. Second sample -- still deciding on shirt colors too.

Well that's it for now. I'll be adding all info here and will provide a nice discount for the HB fam once I'm set. I have some designs I'm finishing and will be posting soon.  I still got a lot of work to do but I hope you guys stick with me.

Highways Co.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

January 20, 2014 @ 01:21 AM
haruhi

looking good, I really like second design
January 20, 2014 @ 01:24 AM
HWYS - Joey

looking good, I really like second design
Thanks bro!!!
I'll hopefully have some fit pics from the members who will be receiving the samples by the end of the week. 

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

January 20, 2014 @ 11:35 AM
HWYS - Joey

Getting some samples out!!!
Fit pics and real world feedback coming soon from fellow members.

I have told them to please be honest with their feedback, the only way I'm gonna get better is by having the right information. I'm all in for quality.

January 20, 2014 @ 12:58 PM
HWYS - Joey

For the members getting the samples, I'm still learning the process of curing the plastisol ink, so please let me know of any premature cracks or anything weird.

I have ran two sampkes through the wash/dry a few times and haven't seen anything unusual but any other info is appreciated.

For the members pm'ing me about purchasing samples - I will have the finished products very shortly and will be providing a nice discount for fellow members, so no need to buy unfinished pieces.

Thanks
Joey

January 20, 2014 @ 05:30 PM
Malachi Shockley

Stoked too see what else is to come with this brand.

www.knownothing.us

January 20, 2014 @ 07:24 PM
HWYS - Joey

^^^ tnx bro. Coming from somebody doing their thing means a lot. I know you guys got that art connect too best of luck with that.

Made it to the post office but walked away with all the samples cuz of MLK day and post office is closed. Will ship tomorrow.

Much respect to my black people doing their thing and bettering themselves. Being Puertorican we got some African blood in us from our ancestors. So s/o to my peoples too and specially the greatest black Puertorican baseball player of all times, Roberto Clemente rip. Fuck you A-Rod lol.

January 20, 2014 @ 11:34 PM
HWYS - Joey

January 21, 2014 @ 01:06 AM
twincolumn

^diggin this and the other designs...

I'm a one man operation myself... respect for what you're about to do, I'll support when you drop

TwinColumn.com @TwinColumnCult Facebook.com/TwinColumn

January 21, 2014 @ 01:52 AM
thepurplewarden

Midnight watch is $$$ 
January 21, 2014 @ 03:01 AM
ndrew

good shit man. one of the few starting bands with good designs. i like the midnight watch one

www.headhunterla.com

January 21, 2014 @ 03:49 AM
lovedmndlife

Good luck with it

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

January 21, 2014 @ 05:26 AM
brodylikestochill

aye cant wait for my sample, that midnight watch design is real nice, shouts out highways, shouts out system, new line/brand thread weindis 

#Freethad

January 21, 2014 @ 11:29 AM
HWYS - Joey

Fucking humbled by the positive remarks and the thumb-ups. I ordered 3 dozen blanks and a pair of new screens for the midnight designs. So things are slowly moving forward.

I'm also working on the site which I'm just gonna run through bigcartel. I know I know big cartel is kinda weak but it's simple to use and doing it myself, it's makes everything a lot easier at the moment.

If I can get the first release under my belt and grow from it, I'll prob look into a better site and shit. But that's putting the horse in front of the carriage so no need for that.

I'm gonna be in Chicago March 9-13 so I'm thinking once I get back to Cleveland that weekend, I'll have the site open for business. Gotta work on one more design and get it all set for the release, I'll post a preview here.

Thanks fam!!!

Joey

January 21, 2014 @ 03:29 PM
Metsys©

im a lil pumped for my sample to come can't even lie lol 

systemnj.com | Supplying the masses

January 21, 2014 @ 05:14 PM
HWYS - Joey

Dude that fuckin Canada post is fuckin deadly lol. Samples sent, please send me or post feedback here. Negative or positive, don't matter, I ain't got shit to hide haha.

January 22, 2014 @ 02:07 AM
twincolumn

^I don't know what your options are, but a friendly tip:

If you sign up w USPS online, you will save 10% on each shipment and they pick up the packages at your house/office so you will also save gas/time

TwinColumn.com @TwinColumnCult Facebook.com/TwinColumn

January 22, 2014 @ 01:41 PM
HWYS - Joey

^^ tnx for the info, didn't know about it. I'm still debating wether or not I wanna do international shipping at the moment, such a pain bro.

January 25, 2014 @ 12:28 AM
brodylikestochill

Just got my longsleeve an hour ago and I must say im impressed
poor quality photo but here is the fit

Im 5'11 ish and thin, a large fits me very nicely and the anvil blanks are soft and comfy. Also the print quality is awesome for how thin the lines are, overall very happy with the product. Big ups to highways/JR ill definitely stay up on your stuff in the future  

#Freethad

January 25, 2014 @ 12:36 AM
Metsys©

what the hell bruh where the delivery man at for mine !?! fuck UPS , USPS, Fedex, all them niggas lol 

January 25, 2014 @ 12:38 AM
HWYS - Joey

Stoked you got it and that you like the print. Those thin lines were a pain to clean off the stencil but overall I'm happy. Like I posted on the sample thread, I'll be adding something to that tee before it's released.

Seems like the blanks are solid so I'll be sticking with those.

Thanks fam!!!

January 25, 2014 @ 12:44 AM
HWYS - Joey

@ system -- dude Idk wtf is going on with USPS. Sorry bro. Lmk is you don't get it by tomorrow I'll look into it on my end.

January 25, 2014 @ 12:56 AM
Metsys©

I saw the usps guy today walk past my house and throw two capital one envelopes no package, he probably rockin' that shit under his uniform 

Its cool though i'll wait

January 25, 2014 @ 02:01 AM
FiggRow

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/221837

January 26, 2014 @ 03:33 PM
HWYS - Joey

This small branding design will be on the back of the GRIM tee. Something to "finalize" the design, since it only has the front piece and no brand name on it.  I'm working on neck labels and hangtags right now. Gonna keep it to only three designs for the March drop - the three on the top banner - as opposed to 4 like I had wanted, just dont wanna get too overwhelmed from the get.

January 26, 2014 @ 06:36 PM
Metsys©

Im 5'8 and 150lbs , a medium fits me really well blanks are really soft and. The print quality is impressive , i really like it. ill definitely stay up on all your stuff no doubt

January 27, 2014 @ 02:06 AM
HWYS - Joey

January 29, 2014 @ 12:24 AM
HWYS - Joey

HIGHWAYS CO.
Genesis 1.1
SS/14 Coming March 8th. @ 10PM.

Gonna keep it to three designs for an easy start. 
Double Crossed // Jeepers Reapers // Midnight Watch 
Please keep in mind I do all the work myself, so please allow 3-5 days for shipping.

HB prices will be $14 for short sleeves and $18 for long sleeves - before shipping. I may do a bundle package.
Unfortunately I won't be doing international shipping  at this moment, too much hassle for a one man op.

Thanks to everyone who has pm'd me and followed this thread. I'll do my fuckin best for all ya'll.

January 29, 2014 @ 02:57 AM
zeanzheldon

Dope cannot wait!
January 29, 2014 @ 02:58 AM
brodylikestochill

ayyyye, ima grab that midnight watch joint

#Freethad

Please login first to reply.