Thom Browne Purchased by Ermenegildo Zegna Group, Valuated at $500 Million USD

The conglomerate acquires nearly all of Browne’s company.

Fashion
33,026 Hypes 33 Comments

The Ermenegildo Zegna Group has announced a majority acquisition of Thom Browne Inc. Valuated at a half billion dollars, Zegna’s purchase ensures 85% of Thom Browne’s shares, with the remaining 15% retained by Thom Browne himself. Reportedly, Thom Browne will maintain its independence, with Browne staying on as Chief Creative Officer.

“… I am very proud and excited for my new partnership with Zegna,” said Browne in a statement. “I feel that their passion for only the best quality and craftsmanship is very much aligned with how I have always approached my collections.” The eponymous CEO of the Zegna Group, Ermenegildo Zegna, added, “In addition to the immediate benefits with regards to fabrics and manufacturing support we can leverage our global reach to further expand Thom Browne’s retail network. … On this strong footing, and thanks to a thriving women’s business and strong appeal with millennials, we believe that we can build long-term value for all of our stakeholders.”

Recently, we showcased Browne’s latest opulent piece of outerwear: a $4,800 USD overcoat embroidered with gold skeleton detailing.

Read Full Article

What to Read Next

Ermenegildo Zegna Goes Public With $3.2 Billion USD Valuation
Fashion 

Ermenegildo Zegna Goes Public With $3.2 Billion USD Valuation

Raising funds to rebound from the pandemic and for potential acquisitions.

Pokémon Card Grading Company Hits $500 Million USD Valuation After Blackstone Acquisition
Gaming

Pokémon Card Grading Company Hits $500 Million USD Valuation After Blackstone Acquisition

JAY-Z was a recent figure who invested in Certified Collectible Group.

Backstage at Thom Browne's SS22 Show
Fashion 

Backstage at Thom Browne's SS22 Show

Packed with elevated tailoring and garden-inspired transformations.


Thom Browne and Samsung Debut Rhodium-Plated Galaxy Watch4
Watches

Thom Browne and Samsung Debut Rhodium-Plated Galaxy Watch4

With interchangeable straps in the American designer’s classic colorways.

Gucci's 'Double G' Ring Is a Throwback to the '70s
Fashion

Gucci's 'Double G' Ring Is a Throwback to the '70s

Made with 18k gold.

Toyota Invests $500 Million USD Into Uber
Automotive

Toyota Invests $500 Million USD Into Uber

The two companies are teaming up for autonomous ride-hailing.

adidas Football Unveils Manchester United's Away Kit for 2018/19 Season
Sports

adidas Football Unveils Manchester United's Away Kit for 2018/19 Season

Pretty in pink.

Nike Reveals Air Max Uptempo 97 in "Triple Black" Colorway
Footwear

Nike Reveals Air Max Uptempo 97 in "Triple Black" Colorway

Clean.

The Screen House Makes a Grand Space Look Homely and Inviting
Design

The Screen House Makes a Grand Space Look Homely and Inviting

Based in India.


'NBA 2K19' Forced to Change Microtransactions to Follow Dutch & Belgium Laws
Entertainment

'NBA 2K19' Forced to Change Microtransactions to Follow Dutch & Belgium Laws

2K noted that it disagreed with the law.

Lauryn Hill Clears Up Robert Glasper’s Accusations
Music

Lauryn Hill Clears Up Robert Glasper’s Accusations

“I’m confused as to why such a principled musician would show up to work for me anyway.”

Jay Leno Takes a Spin in the Insanely Fast 2020 Tesla Roadster
Automotive

Jay Leno Takes a Spin in the Insanely Fast 2020 Tesla Roadster

Currently, “the fastest production car ever made.”

UNDERCOVER’s '2001: A Space Odyssey' Raincoat Is Available Now
Fashion

UNDERCOVER’s '2001: A Space Odyssey' Raincoat Is Available Now

Showcasing an iconic scene from the Kubrick classic.

Helmut Lang’s FW18 Campaign Pools Together a Crop of Talented Multidisciplinary Artists
Fashion

Helmut Lang’s FW18 Campaign Pools Together a Crop of Talented Multidisciplinary Artists

Dubbed “Smart People Wear Helmut Lang.”

More ▾
 
Subscribe to our Newsletter

Gain access to exclusive interviews with industry creatives, think pieces, trend forecasts, guides and more.

By subscribing, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Adblock Detected.

We charge advertisers instead of our readers. If you enjoy our content, please add us to your adblocker's whitelist. We'd really appreciated it.