FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
August 27, 2008 @ 07:54 PM
Juki

yea real cool design/concept. I like the overall presentation. Aint that the girl from best damn sports on the tee?

Doubleclutchhoops.com

August 27, 2008 @ 10:16 PM
JDL

thanks for the support. and yes that is her!
September 2, 2008 @ 07:56 PM
JDL

I would like to hear some more feedback from anyone out there who has a input. I will not discredit anyone's input! So lets hear it!
September 10, 2008 @ 03:01 PM
JDL

Is New Era The Make it Or Break it?
I'm just curious as to how everyone feels about a cosign from new era? Don't get me wrong, it is a big deal to have new era make you a cap. But just because you don't do new era caps doesn't mean your hats are not hott! There are tons of companies out there that make caps just like new era. Also, I know that everyone can attest to the fact that they have seen some wack fitted's done with a new era logo on the side. Let me know what you think?
September 10, 2008 @ 03:47 PM
ATNMK

I'm just curious as to how everyone feels about a cosign from new era? Don't get me wrong, it is a big deal to have new era make you a cap. But just because you don't do new era caps doesn't mean your hats are not hott! There are tons of companies out there that make caps just like new era. Also, I know that everyone can attest to the fact that they have seen some wack fitted's done with a new era logo on the side. Let me know what you think?

Your right, just because its not New Era doesn't mean its not going to be hot. Ultimately it is left up to the designers and marketing whether it is going to sell. That being said though, a lot of people will not wear a fitted hat if it is not New Era. If its hot enough I'm sure some people may disregard the fact that the NE logo isn't on there. Everyone's taste is unique and I'm sure you have seen some wack fitted hats from NE but they probably sold. If not im sure they dropped those companies that werent selling, it all comes down to the business that they think they can get by letting you have an account with them and slapping their logo on the side. All in all if your hat is hot it should sell regardless but the NE logo on the side never hurt sales, thats my opinion.
September 10, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
Veeurbanite

well i am one of these people because i only wear new era & estate but that doesn't mean that the others aren't good i just stick with what i think fit me best....but yea 95 % of my friends won't wear it unless it new era....i was the same until i tried on my friend estate hat & it was great some people say its even better than NE

http://twitter.com/veeurbanite

September 11, 2008 @ 10:43 AM
killacam

yeah i agree. personally i think that new era hats fit the best. alot of other fitteds are mis-shapen and just dont fit right. but, because it is so hard to get new era to make hats for you, ie they have to come to you first, i wouldnt hate on anybody making fitteds from another brand. i just might not buy them lol
September 11, 2008 @ 02:10 PM
JDL

but when can a individual be a individual if no one is willing to step out the box. if its hot its hot!
September 11, 2008 @ 04:41 PM
ATNMK

yeah i agree. personally i think that new era hats fit the best. alot of other fitteds are mis-shapen and just dont fit right. but, because it is so hard to get new era to make hats for you, ie they have to come to you first, i wouldnt hate on anybody making fitteds from another brand. i just might not buy them lol

Thats exactly why it is a huge marketing advantage, most people wont wear it unless its NE. They dont have to come to you first, you can always contact them but it would probably be best if you have built up a reputation and been successful for a few lines or so. There are enough fish in the water for them to pass up opportunities with smaller companies that have not established an identity in the industry unless its that good. Also smart that they are controlling their accounts with such detail because once anyone can get their hands on it, it loses that mystique it has, thats my opinion.

but when can a individual be a individual if no one is willing to step out the box. if its hot its hot!

No doubt, maybe the faithful NE wearers just need a reason, give it to 'em. Its tough to compete with companies who have basically monopolized their part of the game but much respect to NE for how they have gone about their business. Just stay true to your stuff and you will most likely attract a following of your own.
All the best for the future man.
September 11, 2008 @ 05:38 PM
Veeurbanite

No doubt, maybe the faithful NE wearers just need a reason, give it to 'em. Its tough to compete with companies who have basically monopolized their part of the game but much respect to NE for how they have gone about their business. Just stay true to your stuff and you will most likely attract a following of your own.
All the best for the future man.

True cause When ed hardy came out mad people was wearing them

http://twitter.com/veeurbanite

September 11, 2008 @ 07:24 PM
wallychamp

Estate LA
Elm Company
make dope hats too and shouldnt be overlooked the way smaller upcoming brands are.
September 11, 2008 @ 08:02 PM
PYO-FTF

Yeh i see what u mean, but i aint seen a non new era hat that i would cop yet!

>sad
September 11, 2008 @ 08:56 PM
JDL

Yeh i see what u mean, but i aint seen a non new era hat that i would cop yet!

>sad

Well what do you think of my caps? I can't tell the difference between the two. I think I pay just as much as "the big names" do for their caps. And have had no complaints as of yet from any customer or any store that carries my caps. You can't knock until you try it!smile
September 11, 2008 @ 09:41 PM
JDL

A Red Hot Winter from JDL
This is one of the two caps that are slated to release in November from the line. This hat is named “Fly Boys” after the Tuskegee Airmen. The only all black fighter squadron of pilots. The only African American pilots to never lose a “dog fight”. Also, to never lose a fellow pilot. Check your history books these pilots were certainly “Fly Boys”! The hat pays great attention to detail. The Tuskegee Airmen’s colors were all red. The symbol where the “O” should be is a replica of the image that was on their fighter jets. The text style is the style that was used on the tail numbers of the planes in that era. The hat also has modern effect to it as well such as, a all red faux leather brim for the occasion of the season being winter. Also, the under-brim is a plaid print wool for the season as well the cap being released in the winter. This is a for sure cop! Be on the lookout for the November release, and pics of the second cap from the line. The clothing is not just hot but makes you think!

September 12, 2008 @ 12:53 AM
bruckshot

clean!!
You've been killin' it with these hats! FLY BOYS as we say in the BAY..."THAT GO!!". The detail in what you're doin' is shittin' on us today. Keep doin' what you do. JDL is lookin' right..
September 12, 2008 @ 12:57 AM
obakeissick

that's tight.

haileybardwick.tumblr.com

September 12, 2008 @ 01:09 AM
Persona

damn that shits hot...i might cop later on when i get some more cash
September 12, 2008 @ 03:43 PM
KCBlack

Diggin the hats man. Definitely have to cop when they're out. Those aren't new eras I'm guessing, so can I ask whats the name of the blanks you used? Cuz they look good.
September 13, 2008 @ 07:31 AM
JDL

Thank you to everyone who had something to say about the cap. I really appreciate your support.smile
September 13, 2008 @ 02:45 PM
Cleansweep

yeaa those fitteds are looking nice!! Good job.
September 13, 2008 @ 07:13 PM
Sipp

Very Clean and true to your idea! (And a creative Idea)Looks good in every aspect! Plaid underneath is a great touch as well! I see JDL making big moves over these next few years! And well deserved!
September 13, 2008 @ 07:38 PM
Sipp

And your Fly Boys Hat is HOT! So I'd have to say an individual can be an individual when they have a hat that hot...lol.. I Really Like that it isn't NEW ERA actually!
September 14, 2008 @ 02:42 PM
JDL

thanks Sipp. and to everyone who (PM)ed me I replied to everyone. I hope that you will understand my answer.
September 14, 2008 @ 02:46 PM
JDL

And your Fly Boys Hat is HOT! So I'd have to say an individual can be an individual when they have a hat that hot...lol.. I Really Like that it isn't NEW ERA actually!

thanks for all the support. I wish everyone would step outside the box. What ever happened to wanting to be the "first"?
September 14, 2008 @ 03:23 PM
The(after)Life

imo New Era is a bit over rated.
September 14, 2008 @ 04:20 PM
dare2dream

Hey Guys, well personally we tried to go through New Era but they were a pain in the ass to deal with, so went with the new Flexfit 210 Fitted and its come up sweet. A little more forgiving size wise than the new era, but sits great!! Sells real wellsmile

shop.dare2dream.com.au/products/hat

Heres a Link, it has bright coloured stars under the peak on a bright white stin material, hard to see in this pic, but looks sweet!!
September 14, 2008 @ 04:28 PM
TheFLiPelican

Seems like every company is puttin out fitteds now....
just had a thread bout that before i saw this.

I think its like anything else in this time.... its a logo and a hott logo sells.
Or should i say the reputation of the logo sells. New Era kinda got a monopoly on the game.

Personally i dig there hats, and a lot of what they are doing.
Con to it is that they can charge as much as they want because they know peopple will pay bank for their products and the FLAG
September 14, 2008 @ 04:32 PM
youngturbo

the biggest thing i think it is when it comes down to new era is that everyone is used to their fit. When i do another hat the fit dosen't feel right to me maybe its just me and im buggin but if it aint new era i can't mess with it but theyre have most def been some dope hats made that weren't new era
September 14, 2008 @ 08:31 PM
brian_sin

true...why make a new type of new era..whats gonna be the differnce? i work at lids hat store and the hats sell for about $34.47-$39.86 a peice for a damn hat..i know the exact prices..
September 15, 2008 @ 12:12 AM
DirtyJerzCC

New Era puts out some of the hottest and wackest shit ever! If i see something i think is hot i'll grab it, New Era or not. Thats how it should be. but, a lot of people see New Era as a seal of approval and i must admit, i keep the stickers on my bills. hahaha

Please login first to reply.