Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
September 7, 2011 @ 10:12 PM
yunglordgrizzly

^ No need for arms twice a week especially if u are doing them on a full day.. And u dont have a leg day either.. Try this for a basic week routine cause u dont want to go in there not knowing what u are doing.. Also dont need to do every workout posted

M: Chest day(your workouts are good)
T: Back( Bent over rows w/barbell, t bar row, one arm row, Lat pull down, pull ups, close grip pull down, row, deadlifts)
W. Legs(squats, leg press, leg curl, leg extension, stiff leg deadlift, lunges, calf raises)
TH: Shoulders( side raises, military press, shoulder press, arnold press, shrugs, front raises)
F: Arms( you get the idea for arms in your routine)

Weekend rest or if u want to rest during the week switch it out with saturday

Cardio 3 days week is good, throw a couple ab circuits in a couple days

alright imma give it a shot cos that sounds good and its a lot more thought out
appreciate the advice man!
hitting the gym is pretty intimidating without a plan so this'll help me out a lot

grizzly on SS

September 7, 2011 @ 11:04 PM
Young Handsome

I'm 5'10 175lbs I look pretty fit mostly in the upper body area, this summer I really got into working out I want to gain like 20lbs by New Years. Anyone have any diets and routines I should follow. Also what is the best sneaker for running?
September 7, 2011 @ 11:08 PM
Youth In Asia

I'm 5'10 175lbs I look pretty fit mostly in the upper body area, this summer I really got into working out I want to gain like 20lbs by New Years. Anyone have any diets and routines I should follow. Also what is the best sneaker for running?

If you can deal with the look, Vibram 5 Fingers are supposed to be really really good because barefoot running is better for your legs, knees, and back and if you learn to not land heavily on the heels of your feet, they rape your calves.

FPM - MUCKFATH

September 9, 2011 @ 12:47 AM
brannen

Protein helps repair your muscle for muscle growth.. Whey protein has also been proven to help people burn fat as well! People drink it all different times BUT always drink right after working out.. Myself, i have 2 Whey shakes during the day and a casein shake before bed.. Casein Protein is a slower digesting protein reason u drink it at night time while sleeping.. I recommend ON protein supplements, i think its one of or even the best proteins with other nutrients..

I'm thinking of getting ON 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein double chocolate since it seems most people are getting it, and I've read good shit about it.

Is it ok if I have just the shake itself for breakfast plus a fruit? I don't have a lot of time to prepare an actual meal because of school.
I usually workout in the evening then go to sleep an hour afterwards. Is it still ok to drink the whey protein post workout since there's only an hour before I go to bed? The casein protein sounds like the appropriate one, but I can't really afford two different types of protein supplements right now.
September 9, 2011 @ 01:13 AM
Scotty

^ U can have a shake for breakfast but be sure to eat around 2 hours later... But i suggest waking up half hour earlier than usual, cook up some eggs real quick then eat em before leaving.. Also if u are working out then going to bed, whey isnt going to be your first choice, u should use casein cause whey is a fast acting protein.. Gym right before bed isnt the best option but if u have to do it then do it..
September 9, 2011 @ 04:16 AM
Brolictaps2000

Lol workout whenever you want take a protein shake whenever it doesn't really matter. It shouldn't be this hard to take protein smh. Also, if you wanna gain weight eat more its that simple. If you wanna lose weight eat less.

If you wanna get ripped but not to big go fuck youself faggot.
September 9, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
DarianaGrande

I'm inspired

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowB5wNPvWQ

Holy shit. I been working out everyday and I usually do the same workouts, but I know thats not good for me. This shit inspired me to really step it up and try new things so I can really get cut.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

September 10, 2011 @ 01:21 PM
Pieces

What do y'all think about MRPs? I'm on the go most of the time because of work, and preparing meals beforehand is a goddamn hassle. I'm considering getting Optimum Whey & Oats as a solution.
September 10, 2011 @ 01:41 PM
livestok.

Lol workout whenever you want take a protein shake whenever it doesn't really matter. It shouldn't be this hard to take protein smh. Also, if you wanna gain weight eat more its that simple. If you wanna lose weight eat less.

If you wanna get ripped but not to big go fuck youself faggot.

ya. i sware people ask about what/how many protein shakes they should have before having even stepped foot into a gym ever in their lives
September 10, 2011 @ 05:01 PM
brannen

I've been working out for four months now fyi
September 10, 2011 @ 06:50 PM
IrvinAmbil

Alright i got a small problem not too sure what to do.
My problem is that my left arm is COMPLETELY and noticably smaller then my right. and when i workout my left has some trouble keeping up. and by keeping up i mean lasting the duration of my workouts.
So should i keep on lifting to gain muscle so my arm will somehow catch up( and yeah i will add extra sets to my left armor) Or should i try to tone out that way my right gets toned nad my left will hopefully gain muscle? idk sad
September 11, 2011 @ 12:31 AM
desab

what will happen if i stop taking creatine?
September 11, 2011 @ 03:48 PM
Corkscrew

back day
come at me brahs

September 11, 2011 @ 04:46 PM
WojieWorldPeace

On your Bruce Lee

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 11, 2011 @ 09:14 PM
semaJ.

I don't know if this is the right to ask this question but im planning to buy some running shoes thats below $100.
I fucked up my toes cause I've been running with my vans everytime I jog.( recommend not to try)
I just want to ask which brand is better Nike or new balance?

if you recommend any shoes that's good just PM me . ok thanks and have a good day.

September 11, 2011 @ 11:36 PM
IrvinAmbil

^ Nike Free runs.
September 12, 2011 @ 04:17 PM
livestok.

[QUOTE=Corkscrew
September 12, 2011 @ 05:19 PM
fatbro

Holy shit. I been working out everyday and I usually do the same workouts, but I know thats not good for me. This shit inspired me to really step it up and try new things so I can really get cut.

and why exactly is doing the same workouts not good for you?
September 12, 2011 @ 05:23 PM
Scotty

^ doing the same workout routine over and over, will make you plateau... Its always good to stick with a good routine for awhile then switch it up for a bit so your muscles dont get used to the same thing over and over again... U can always go back to it after abit but never just keep doing the samething over and over.. Reason i always try something different every 3-4 months..
September 12, 2011 @ 05:28 PM
Corkscrew

do u even lift?

no sad
September 12, 2011 @ 05:39 PM
fatbro

^ doing the same workout routine over and over, will make you plateau... Its always good to stick with a good routine for awhile then switch it up for a bit so your muscles dont get used to the same thing over and over again... U can always go back to it after abit but never just keep doing the samething over and over.. Reason i always try something different every 3-4 months..

lolwat

idk what you've been reading on the bodybuilding forums, but muscle confusion doesn't exist bro
September 12, 2011 @ 07:26 PM
livestok.

it does.. not because i read it somewhere because ive experienced it. your username says it all

broke thru a huge plateau today, before today i could do 3 reps of xxx weight on the bench today i hit 5 reps
September 12, 2011 @ 07:49 PM

Inactive

Just the mental aspect of doing the same damn thing over and over week in and week out is enough to reason to change your routine... but what do I know? I'm just a Google Warrior.
September 12, 2011 @ 08:07 PM
Corkscrew

i broke through all my plateaus by taking a week off from the gym after like 6 months straight. ya boi came back stronger than ever
September 12, 2011 @ 08:43 PM
fatbro

yeah brah, i feel like my arms are gettin too used to normal dumbbell curls, so i'mma switch things up and lift bricks instead

muscles won't know what hit em
September 12, 2011 @ 11:32 PM
&y

September 13, 2011 @ 12:09 AM
brannen

Dumb question: what exactly is plateau?
September 13, 2011 @ 01:01 AM
Scotty

yeah brah, i feel like my arms are gettin too used to normal dumbbell curls, so i'mma switch things up and lift bricks instead

muscles won't know what hit em

You're an idiot.. This doesnt even help your argument just makes u look stupid.. Its called different workouts, work different part of your muscles.. U can do the same routine over and over, your muscle will get used to it.. So u change up the routine meaning u can change up how many reps, different amount of sets, do super sets.. Do totally different workouts in different positions to work the muscle more.. Go do a standing curl for a month same way, same amount reps and sets.. Then switch it and go do an seated incline bicep curl, let me know how your biceps feel after...

It's called keeping your muscles in shock so your body doesn't go into a plateau.. Do some research and u will find many articles written about and people from trainers to bodybuilders who always change routines in some way for this reason..
September 13, 2011 @ 03:26 AM
fatbro

You're an idiot.. This doesnt even help your argument just makes u look stupid.. Its called different workouts, work different part of your muscles.. U can do the same routine over and over, your muscle will get used to it.. So u change up the routine meaning u can change up how many reps, different amount of sets, do super sets.. Do totally different workouts in different positions to work the muscle more.. Go do a standing curl for a month same way, same amount reps and sets.. Then switch it and go do an seated incline bicep curl, let me know how your biceps feel after...

changing volume or adding supplementary/accessory work can aid towards one's goals, but if you are changing exercises just to "prevent your muscles from getting used to it", you are following a myth.

you develop muscle from progressive overloading and recovery. yes, muscles are adaptive, but as long as you constantly have both of the above, you should never plateau. many people do plateau because the average person can't have optimum nutrition/sleep 100% of the time. and most people usually change routines because of what sonny said, they lack motivation and get bored of doing the same exercises over and over again.

and for your biceps example; IF you are talking about that "pump" you feel afterwards; a pump is only a rush of blood into your working muscles. it's just that, it doesn't mean you had a "great" workout. and i'm genuinely curious because i don't do curls; how would switching help? i assume they both just target the biceps

of course if you do the same thing over and over again, you get used to it. but that's typically not a bad thing when it comes to your body, as long as you add weight or reps.

tl;dr: bored on a monday night, gonna make pizza rolls now l8
September 13, 2011 @ 09:32 AM
livestok.

they target different areas of the muscle the bicep or the quadricep etc all have different areas or parts. Like the Quad has the adductor longus biceps femorus (dont quote me on this I forgot the exact terms) from a total of 4 parts. Take chest for an example you can do decline/incline/flat bench dips for shelf, chest flys for the inner chest etc.

" yes, muscles are adaptive, but as long as you constantly have both of the above, you should never plateau"

This is pretty fucking dumb you don't know what you're talking about you just like to make up your own "science"

"and for your biceps example; IF you are talking about that "pump" you feel afterwards; a pump is only a rush of blood into your working muscles. it's just that, it doesn't mean you had a "great" workout. and i'm genuinely curious because i don't do curls; how would switching help? i assume they both just target the biceps"

If you get a pump atleast you know your muscle is getting worked

" i'm genuinely curious because i don't do curls; how would switching help?"

How would switching help??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I doubt you even lift (properly) at all

enjoy your pizza rolls you fat fuck

Please login first to reply.