January 5, 2009 @ 07:28 AM
chopstickthugz

so i believe i used PayPal way back in 2004 and never used since so HELP ME~
I want to sell some stuff online and i will transfer the money on PayPal account to my bank account. im wondering what's better for me with fees (obviously i want to pay less fee as possible.)

Apparently i have 2 choices, Personal Account and Premier Account
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

i might end up just accepting cash or money order... if i dont figure it out.

*Also what does it mean when sellers say ADD 4% to PayPal? im guessing that's how much PayPal is going to take from the amount that has been transferred.

Thx
January 5, 2009 @ 07:40 AM
Mobb Deep

personal account

4% is the cut PP takes, most of the time the buy covers it, so when you buy something, you add it
January 5, 2009 @ 07:49 AM
J-Dub

Well I recommend personal account, because I have that and it works great with me!

And yeah that 4% is paypal fee from the tranferred amount.
January 5, 2009 @ 08:08 AM
chopstickthugz

Thank you for the responses

so after getting paid through PayPal then sending that money to the bank account. would PayPal charge me fee for it?
January 5, 2009 @ 09:20 AM
Mobb Deep

Thank you for the responses

so after getting paid through PayPal then sending that money to the bank account. would PayPal charge me fee for it?

yeah but its only 50 cents if under $100, no fee if over $100
January 5, 2009 @ 10:37 AM
typo

The fee is charged when you accept the Payment from the buyer, thats why you tell them to include fess like if u sell something for 100$ tell them to add 4$ so ull make out with the full 100$

is totally against paypals TOS and can lead to your account being suspended. when you make an account with paypal you have to agree to their terms of service, in which you agree to pay those associated fees. your final selling price should account for such fees.
January 5, 2009 @ 12:32 PM
drifter

I have the premiere or business account whatever it is called. Reason being is i believe i was forced to, since i was transfering too much money and personal accounts have a limit.
January 5, 2009 @ 03:18 PM
mista

Confused.
I have an issue with PayPal. I've never used it, and when I finally got to it, I wanted to close a PayPal account so in order to do that, they said I have to mail them my photo ID and a proof of bill for the address. Is that normal? For some reason, I feel odd because I don't trust them. sad
January 5, 2009 @ 03:27 PM
Mobb Deep

I have an issue with PayPal. I've never used it, and when I finally got to it, I wanted to close a PayPal account so in order to do that, they said I have to mail them my photo ID and a proof of bill for the address. Is that normal? For some reason, I feel odd because I don't trust them. sad

not normal

Please login first to reply.