FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
December 1, 2008 @ 09:46 PM
dpc1192

Alright so I gotta take the SAT for the first time this saturday...

Anyone have any suggestions/pointers for me?

Should I take an adderall or no?

Thanks
December 1, 2008 @ 09:48 PM
FriendlyGhost

I would take an adderall only if you've taken some before.
Take some food and drinks too, shit gets SO tedious after just the second or third section.
December 1, 2008 @ 09:54 PM
jaded

masturbate during the exam to sharpen your focus

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

December 1, 2008 @ 09:54 PM
Flatland Funk

SAT is bullshit. Just take the ACT
December 1, 2008 @ 09:56 PM
oןʎɐɹ

adderall isnt even soo crazy. people blow it up to make it seem like its fucking crack. take a 20mg time release and be focused.
December 1, 2008 @ 10:01 PM
jaded

adderall isnt even soo crazy. people blow it up to make it seem like its fucking crack. take a 20mg time release and be focused.

it's an amphetamine, so it actually is fairly serious if it's abused.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

December 1, 2008 @ 10:05 PM
randomgrandeur

Make sure to get some sleep the night before. This is a pretty serious part of taking the test. Mind you, the SAT is long so the last thing you want to be doing is yawning.

Don't try to snack on sugary items. Eat an okay breakfast, ala oatmeal, green tea and some toast. Don't eat anything too heavy because if you get nervous, your stomach will ache.

Do the problems you know for sure the first go-round. That way you can spend more time on the problems that are causing you trouble. Remember, alot of the SAT is deductive reasoning. If you can knock on two of the answers as incorrect, there's a 50/50 chance you'll have the answer right. (So long as it's an A-D option.)

Good luck!
December 1, 2008 @ 10:05 PM
A!exander

Remeber to manage your time right. In the first part Critical Reading sections, dont spend to much time on the fill in the blanks because you need to get to the passages. If you cant figure out one of the fill in the blanks, then skip it and come back later. In the passages read the italicized blurb at the top and read the first paragraph. Then skim the passage but also reading the last paragraph properly. usually theyll ask what was the whole jist of the passage as the 1st questio to try and confuse and throw u off, byt go to the questions that ask u " in line 32, what did _____ mean?" Those are fetch questions that u can anwser much faster than the questions that ask what did the whole passage mean. By doing this u get the most points possible. Then work ur way up to the jis questions, which are sometimes hard. In the math section just move as fast as u can do questions u know, it usually starts easy, then goes eventually harder. Stay calm, bring a snack and water, andmost of all stay calm
December 1, 2008 @ 10:19 PM
HH

taking the SAT on saturday, too. shitt.
December 1, 2008 @ 10:19 PM
illy

pay attention like dont get sidetracked. for me that shit was mad boring and i kept looking around the room like goddamn this test is long.

if you don't know the answer, don't front like you do. unless you think you got like a 50%+ shot at it...don't answer

manage your time well, take advantage of the breaks they give you, and take like 1 minute breaks on your own if you need it.

good luckkkk
December 1, 2008 @ 10:26 PM
orucker

answering a question wrong hurts you worse than not answering at all.

all questions in the sections are worth EXACTLY the same.

stay relaxed, if you get stressed you won't do as well.

good luck
December 1, 2008 @ 10:28 PM
Flatland Funk

I never got that if you dont know dont answer at all shit. That test is such bullshit...

Please login first to reply.