FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
November 21, 2008 @ 08:23 AM
BTK

your thoughts
November 21, 2008 @ 08:45 AM
oןʎɐɹ

how dare they
November 21, 2008 @ 09:22 AM
Virunga

Fuck it as long as I have McDonalds I don't care.

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

November 21, 2008 @ 09:33 AM
dabears

"Fuck it as long as I have McDonalds I don't care"

^^^realest reply ever.
November 21, 2008 @ 09:37 AM
GranzoRico

^realest? wtf how old are you kids??
November 21, 2008 @ 09:50 AM
dabears

his reply is actually a nice little summing up of the American mentality.

that it is posted on a website that exists solely for the purpose of promoting a lifestyle defined by the consumption of unnecessary and overly expensive goods is just the icing on the cake. (or rather the secret sauce on the big mac, in this particular case.)
November 21, 2008 @ 09:54 AM
Kshawn

^ that actually makes a bit of sense o_o

It is what it is.

November 21, 2008 @ 09:57 AM
GranzoRico

his reply is actually a nice little summing up of the American mentality.

that it is posted on a website that exists solely for the purpose of promoting a lifestyle defined by the consumption of unnecessary and overly expensive goods is just the icing on the cake. (or rather the secret sauce on the big mac, in this particular case.)

explain?
That last part just says hype beasts spend a lot. Where is the connection with mcdonald's in your post? (besides your little joke)
November 21, 2008 @ 09:57 AM
menace2

I don't feel or think a damn thing about it, never have.

the McD's quote is real shit. It's not my favorite food, but it's cheap and as long as it fills my stomach I'm good. Thinkin bout gettin a job there actually....cashier sounds nice. Free food, free pair of Red Monkeys, smoke breaks...
November 21, 2008 @ 10:08 AM
SK1

I don't feel anything, this country doesn't even have true roots to begin with.

Truth. cool
November 21, 2008 @ 10:29 AM
dabears

our culture is driven by hyper consumption. and many of the things that we consume are things that we don't need and that we can't afford and that aren't good for us, yet we feel the urge to buy them anyway because it makes us feel better about ourselves, if only for a moment. we'll handle the problems later. we're americans - shit always works out in the end.

'as long as i have it, i don't care.'

it's that same idea that led to our government's extreme overspending, to the subprime mortgage crisis, and to american people having near zero net savings rate (or is it actually negativeconfused

we continue to aid in the development of infrastructure in other countries while we allow our own educational system to slip on the very fundamentals that let us to give that aid in the first place. but as long as X company gives us Y product at a nice price, regardless of the consequences, shit is all good.

by and large, we live off of empty calories. a credit card debt that we'll pay off next month, a big mac that we'll burn off on the treadmill tomorrow, and a ruined and corrupt financial system that we'll just throw more money at so we can prolong the inevitable just a little bit longer.
November 21, 2008 @ 11:51 AM
Sev

hay i watched zeitgeist too guiyz
November 21, 2008 @ 12:02 PM
SubPrime

I don't feel or think a damn thing about it, never have.

the McD's quote is real shit. It's not my favorite food, but it's cheap and as long as it fills my stomach I'm good. Thinkin bout gettin a job there actually....cashier sounds nice. Free food, free pair of Red Monkeys, smoke breaks...

u went to UM to get a job at McD's? the fuck?
November 21, 2008 @ 12:12 PM
bobba

dabears, you know this is HB right? lol
November 21, 2008 @ 12:18 PM
dabears

nah, i know that. dude wanted me to explain, so i did. i'm having chipotle for lunch and shit.
November 21, 2008 @ 01:06 PM
capt_save_a_h0

our culture is driven by hyper consumption. and many of the things that we consume are things that we don't need and that we can't afford and that aren't good for us, yet we feel the urge to buy them anyway because it makes us feel better about ourselves, if only for a moment. we'll handle the problems later. we're americans - shit always works out in the end.

'as long as i have it, i don't care.'

it's that same idea that led to our government's extreme overspending, to the subprime mortgage crisis, and to american people having near zero net savings rate (or is it actually negativeconfused

we continue to aid in the development of infrastructure in other countries while we allow our own educational system to slip on the very fundamentals that let us to give that aid in the first place. but as long as X company gives us Y product at a nice price, regardless of the consequences, shit is all good.

by and large, we live off of empty calories. a credit card debt that we'll pay off next month, a big mac that we'll burn off on the treadmill tomorrow, and a ruined and corrupt financial system that we'll just throw more money at so we can prolong the inevitable just a little bit longer.

What you said is right and I agree with you but you will never get your point across here, 80% of the people on hb are kids that are out of touch with reality, don't know the value of money and are only worried about getting the latest gear to get props on wdywt.
November 21, 2008 @ 02:26 PM
oןʎɐɹ

how can you say that?
November 21, 2008 @ 02:50 PM
SubPrime

What you said is right and I agree with you but you will never get your point across here, 80% of the people on hb are kids that are out of touch with reality, don't know the value of money and are only worried about getting the latest gear to get props on wdywt.

So instead what do you think the kids should do?

There is no 'higher road' in life, because everything is subjective in terms of different points of view.
November 21, 2008 @ 06:01 PM
BTK

There is no 'higher road' in life, because everything is subjective in terms of different points of view.

IT doesn't matter what point of view you have. We can all have different point of views. Fine.

Just know the truth of what's out there.

Presidents, politicians, mayors and government officials don't run this shit. They're merely puppets.

The federal reserve is fucking all of us and a "financial" crisis is bound to continually happen if people don't become education on the truth.
November 21, 2008 @ 06:10 PM
Citizen-16657

What does college have to do with anything? I went to a top 50 college and i can barely find a management job paying over 40K a year outside of MANAGING a McD's!!! I also am 3 credits away from getting my MBA, in this day and again a business degree or most any degree means nothin in a down economy.
November 21, 2008 @ 06:10 PM
Citizen-16657

nah, i know that. dude wanted me to explain, so i did. i'm having chipotle for lunch and shit.

Chipotle is owned by McD!!!!
November 21, 2008 @ 06:12 PM
Citizen-16657

Sad thing is they are so intertwined with buying and buying they dont look outside of that bubble and see wtf is going on, American has become the must dumb downed country in all of this world we live on........sorry but it's true
November 21, 2008 @ 07:26 PM
southwest55

One step closer to a one world currency.
November 21, 2008 @ 07:38 PM
BTK

What does college have to do with anything? I went to a top 50 college and i can barely find a management job paying over 40K a year outside of MANAGING a McD's!!! I also am 3 credits away from getting my MBA, in this day and again a business degree or most any degree means nothin in a down economy.

you work at mcdonald's?
November 21, 2008 @ 09:36 PM
camthraxFHK

Fuck it as long as I have McDonalds I don't care.

Best place to invest money right now is McD's corporate bonds, real talk. America will never die!

Oh and McDonalds sold their stake in Chipotle a while back from what I heard.
November 21, 2008 @ 11:14 PM
skidknee

Chipotle is owned by McD!!!!

False. Formerly owned, but sold their shares back to Chipotle in full sometime in 2006.
November 21, 2008 @ 11:36 PM
rtst102

^yeah, I recently learned that too.
November 22, 2008 @ 09:54 AM
menace2

hey man

Lester Burnham did not reach Nirvana til he got a gig at a fast food drive thru.
December 6, 2008 @ 01:40 PM
rawlkicks

That makes no sense.

BTW, Abolishing the central bank is what this country was founded on, and the main purpose for the american revolution. Yet it stands today as an unconstitutional entity which holds a complete monopoly over the monetary system and will eventually devalue the dollar to the point thats it worth nothing...
December 6, 2008 @ 02:09 PM
Obeyprop

Im only 16 but let me inform alot of Hb users on the truth and not the

propaganda on cnn. (Yes fox news isn't the only one)

first off no matter how bad the economy gets in the next 10-25 years the usa will not fall as one of the superpowers in the world.

We are in debt but not unmanageable debt that cnn hypes it up to be, we will no fall in the next 5-10 years.

and last im a African American and yes i love obama but realistically obama can't solve this economic problem in 4 years maybe not even in 8. But what he can do is set the ground work for the next president that succeeds him to have a better chance at it.

Educate the youth

Please login first to reply.