Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 19, 2009 @ 09:10 AM
dick_grayson

Hey to the NYC cats, so I'm moving back to NYC (well outside the city) & I'm gonna need a new shop to go to. I've been poking my nose around the internets but has anyone heard/knows of Est Side Ink? They seem good but just didn't know if there was anything that would be better heard in person rather then on the internet.
August 19, 2009 @ 01:26 PM
Scotty

^ NYC artists, check out Marco Serio, Rising dragon tattoo, Daredevil tattoo(NYC's famous shop and great artists).. Those are a few to check out that have awesome artists!

it depends everywhere you go. you shouldnt spend more than like 700 on a half sleeve though.

False info... It all depends on artist and how big your arms are.. Someone who has a bigger arm has more surface area, so there is more work to cover the area, so there is more hours! Also if u go to a great artist who might charge 150 an hour plus then it might cost you over 700.. And also depending on what style tattoo u get, how much detail that going into it! Alot of stuff to consider but saying dont pay over 700, is some false info to give someone..
August 19, 2009 @ 02:15 PM
splean07

Damn.. I started this thread over 2 years ago and never posted my tat. This is the only pic that I had. Im going for my next tat soon.

August 19, 2009 @ 11:07 PM
Replicant

Yeah the kanji for heaven.

How original of you.

I'd say get it on your forehead so you can proclaim to the world your deep insightful individuality.

August 20, 2009 @ 09:04 PM
inkwell

more work done
starting to do more work on my leg....started the other side now, gonna shade this up and then on to the calf!!! my man works magic wit dat needle....

August 20, 2009 @ 11:06 PM
tyler,

LOOK AT THAT FUCKlNG CAT. 10bux sez he drinks and drives, and drives fucking good at that.
August 21, 2009 @ 12:28 AM
bloxheads

i want alot of tats. but, i just dont know what i want as my fist tat. i was thinking the logo of my favorite band.

August 21, 2009 @ 06:16 AM
ASSHOLE

get that on your dick

it'll be sewww funneeeeey
August 23, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
Little2josh

Finished my shit today.

post them pics up yo!
August 23, 2009 @ 07:12 PM
Killypants

I plan on getting this, pretty small, I dunno where yet.
August 23, 2009 @ 10:19 PM
quiwi

don't know too much about tattoos...so if i got a tat on my arm how much at risk would it be for stretching much if i got bigger from lifting
August 23, 2009 @ 10:33 PM
ASSHOLE

the only places, I figure, that would have the least risk of stretching would be the ribs, the center of the upper back (just below the neck) or the center of your chest (<-- that's pushing it, though)
August 23, 2009 @ 10:46 PM
motherland

don't know too much about tattoos...so if i got a tat on my arm how much at risk would it be for stretching much if i got bigger from lifting

unless you get gigantic i highly doubt itll stretch any
August 24, 2009 @ 11:19 PM
2frashbacca

starting to do more work on my leg....started the other side now, gonna shade this up and then on to the calf!!! my man works magic wit dat needle....

this is fucking scary, its like a three eyed demon goat
August 24, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
ateeeewuh.

August 25, 2009 @ 04:26 AM
sevensevenseve

this is fucking scary, its like a three eyed demon goat

Srsly sick as fuck
August 25, 2009 @ 12:05 PM
splean07

Technically tattoos dont "stretch"... if for example you have a tattoo on your bicep and work out for a few months and then start to notice your arm getting bigger, all that will happen is your tattoo will look smaller. Several tattoo artists have told me the same thing. People shouldnt worry about shit like that when getting a tattoo.
August 25, 2009 @ 02:08 PM
KALiKUSH

can non asian people please not get chinese symbols or any of that bullshit, you dont look all cool with a language you dont even know tattooed onto your body PROBABLY done by someone who doesnt speak the language or even know how to write the characters properly. smfh
August 25, 2009 @ 02:14 PM
Jim Jardashian

Looks like a pussy dragon.
August 25, 2009 @ 02:18 PM
motherland

inkwell, are you getting the left side shaded in like the right side?
August 25, 2009 @ 03:25 PM
corry29

I hate people who get Asian tattoos, and are NOT Asian...
iono, it just bothers me, i mean, CMON ppl.

*edit, but then again, thats just my opinion (this is what AAS classes do to you in college)
im very sorry for the racism
August 25, 2009 @ 07:01 PM
*ER!C

when u say asian tattoos do u mean kanji tattoos or dragons, koi fishes and shit like that?
August 26, 2009 @ 02:10 AM
whaaat

how much for a chinese character tattoo? I'm getting my last name tattoo'd on my rib cage and want it to be about 2x2 inches. I want it calligraphy style. I went to one place and they said that it would cost $200. is this too much or should i shop around? how much would this normally cost?

thanks
August 26, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
ateeeewuh.

i'm getting mad asian tats, and i'm white.

let's beef
August 26, 2009 @ 03:00 AM
hotsriracha

Has anyone been to Jess Yen? I discovered his work a little while back via google, and it is some of the best asian work Ive seen to date. I actually want him to do my leg sleeve. Does anyone know his rate per hour? Also, and how about his waitlist? He is going to be at the San Jose Expo this October and Im thinking about starting something up here and finishing the rest in LA. Thanks.

I'll probably goto Henry Lewis next out of San Francisco. He does amazing work.
August 26, 2009 @ 04:56 AM
canonized

Got this done yesterday at Kaleidoscope in Bondi, Australia, by Stevie Edge.
3 hours.

Still abit swollen and obviously shit lighting and using Photobooth, but you get the idea.

August 26, 2009 @ 11:16 AM
corry29

when u say asian tattoos do u mean kanji tattoos or dragons, koi fishes and shit like that?

Yeah, Kanji, Chinese caligraphy, Koi fishes, Chinese/Japanese/Korean dragons etc etc.

i'm getting mad asian tats, and i'm white.

let's beef

Okay smile
August 26, 2009 @ 12:01 PM
Scotty

Has anyone been to Jess Yen? I discovered his work a little while back via google, and it is some of the best asian work Ive seen to date. I actually want him to do my leg sleeve. Does anyone know his rate per hour? Also, and how about his waitlist? He is going to be at the San Jose Expo this October and Im thinking about starting something up here and finishing the rest in LA. Thanks.

I'll probably goto Henry Lewis next out of San Francisco. He does amazing work.

Dude Jess is amazing, im having him do some tebori possibly and maybe a half sleeve! But he is a on a 2 year waiting list as of now, only way to get him is if u are lucky u catch him as a walk in or u can get him at a tattoo convention! I know he will be at the october Expo in Vegas the biggest tattoo convention in the word, starts on the 8th! But some will charge more at convention some wont, it all depends! Also i do believe its around 200+ an hour for Jess.. If u can wait that long, i would wait cause the work would be worth the wait! Also if he ever had cancellations he most likely call others to move them up.. Dont know how many people would cancel on him but its possible!

Yeah, Kanji, Chinese caligraphy, Koi fishes, Chinese/Japanese/Korean dragons etc etc.

We already had a discussion about this a few months back.. And by u saying that, u dont have a clue! Japanese style of tattooing is an art form which people put on there bodies! By u saying only asians should get it, is basically saying only people should by pieces of art from there own culture! Most people who get japanese style of work done either love the art itself, love the culture, and like the meanings behind the art! Caligraphy and Kanji i see because most people get it now because its a trend but Japanese style is been around for centuries and people from around the world love this form of art!
August 26, 2009 @ 01:41 PM
whaaat

is $200 a lot for a small tattoo? the tattoo is said to only take about 20 min. and will only be about 2X2 inches. if doing calculating that out by hour, isn't that a lot since some people say that an average tattoo artist will charge anywhere from 100-150/ hr?
August 26, 2009 @ 02:13 PM
ateeeewuh.

yes.

Please login first to reply.