November 9, 2006 @ 07:15 PM
drifter

Little article I wrote to kick off my hopefully written daily or atleast weekly blog. Not trying to be some really popular blog or anything like that. Just want to get ideas across from time to time and become better at writing. Only way to do so is by writing.

I could of went more in depth but yea. laziness.

CHYEA
November 9, 2006 @ 07:21 PM

Inactive

not meant to be a flame or anything, but you said were trying to improve your writing.

i would avoid typing "limitedness"
November 9, 2006 @ 07:27 PM
drifter

not meant to be a flame or anything, but you said were trying to improve your writing.

i would avoid typing "limitedness"

dang thanks for catching that. proof reading numerous times is a must. Which i failed to do. But again thanks.
November 9, 2006 @ 11:58 PM
COCO

use school to teach you writing skills....not streetwear
November 10, 2006 @ 06:35 AM
ahhhrt

School is overrated, in grades 9&10 I learned very little in comparison to what I did in elementary, but I was in a gifted program, so I guess that makes a difference. Very little emphasis is put on actually making sure students understand what's going on, rather, teachers push to cover curriculum. You'll get good teachers, who will slow down if they see fit, but for the most part, teacher's are more concerned about keeping their job than making sure students succeed, atleast here in Canada.
November 10, 2006 @ 07:38 AM

Inactive

???? how can you compare high school to elementary?
November 10, 2006 @ 10:13 AM
drifter

???? how can you compare high school to elementary?

That statement is true, due to the fact that especially in the US. It has been proven that students learn the most in elementary and decline in high school. So comparing the two is difficult due to many different things involved.

But I do get your point in stating that now teachers only care about making sure their school gets an A on the state test.

That is in part due to the recent No Child Left Behind Bill. That causes schools to do better on state test or lose fundings that they need.

But to COCO. You must be very simple minded if you can not see what I meant. I am not using streetwear to teach me writing skills. How is that even possible? Instead I have started a blog in which I will use to write about topics that interest me. Which will then help me become a better writer.

And like stated before you can not become a better writer in school. I have done extremely well in English and writing all my life. Received an above average score on both state and SAT testing. Teachers have always told me I am really gifted in English but still do not push me or even the other students to use writing.

But thanks for the feedback.

Please login first to reply.