August 19, 2014 @ 11:37 PM
500sd

August 19, 2014 @ 11:47 PM
It's Only Hype

Wear what you like but be sure it fits your body type and get proportions right so you don't look like Slenderman or a tree stump.
August 19, 2014 @ 11:56 PM
Sentimental

"the clothes don't make the man, it's the man that makes the clothes" - TL

Wear clothes for yourself, not for anyone else. You can get style inspiration from other people, but do you. Don't dick ride or swaggajack. Fashion is a form of individuality, we don't wear clothes to look like clones.
August 20, 2014 @ 12:01 AM
Sentimental

avoid looking like a middle schooler on a budget at the mall/karmaloop.
Don't be that guy who dressed exactly like the ....... fw14 lookbook
Kanye is not completely original with his style, he had inspirations too
Don't buy shit that looks like another shit but it's cheaper but the style is close enough, but when you actually wear it you look like a complete fool with your bootleg ass gear
August 20, 2014 @ 12:36 AM
offensive-commenter

saw you at the arcade a few years back. you got mad fat bruh.
August 20, 2014 @ 12:46 AM
DonBishopSpacePimp

I got one...

DON'T FOLLOW ADVICE FROM PEOPLE WHO MAKE RULES OF HOW YOU SHOULD DRESS.
#ThreadIrony #BeYourselfButDon'tTho

http://i.imgur.com/ibTU48g.png #NoPromo #NoFearGang #AntiMuffinMovement

August 20, 2014 @ 01:03 AM
GetItWhileItsHot

dead
August 20, 2014 @ 01:15 AM
AmericanLegend

its all about proportions and if u a thick nigga then its not about lookin good at that pooint its just about lookin less bad
for more tips hit up Gils streetwear guide on reddit lmfaooooo

taste the glamour

August 20, 2014 @ 01:34 AM
topoz

yes stay away from reddit in general, mfa is okay, not as bad as other subs but they still look goofy. proportions is everything imo
August 20, 2014 @ 01:38 AM
ramos0927

Everyone has their own inspiration/aesthetic.

Develop your inspiration/aesthetic.

Draw from better inspiration and aesthetics.
August 20, 2014 @ 01:46 AM
DonBishopSpacePimp

This thread is like a never ending circle jerk of hypocrites..

http://i.imgur.com/ibTU48g.png #NoPromo #NoFearGang #AntiMuffinMovement

August 20, 2014 @ 02:09 AM
BOMAYE

Wear whatevers comfy and gets you the most chicks
August 20, 2014 @ 04:31 AM
meFLOW

dont wear a shirt too young

always think about proportions
you dont want a too baggy shirt and too tight pants and vise versa

layer in the cold 

dont swap between steezes

live the grimey life and fuck witchaboy eflodolosoloarekjste

2013 summer fit battle champion buying 7.5 visvim kiefers eFLOW

August 20, 2014 @ 04:33 AM
PinoyAko

Don't let the internet dress you
August 20, 2014 @ 04:52 AM
keo_

^ brand synergy basically
how is what he said brand synergy? he's talking about how clothes fit not how multiple pieces from the same brand work together... 

blog.anthonykeo.com

August 20, 2014 @ 05:44 AM
chief

"A man should look as if he had bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them."

- Hardy Amies

I've always liked that quote.
Underrated quote

•••

August 20, 2014 @ 09:17 AM
spriteremix

1. dont take advice from nikkas on a fashion forum discussing fashion "dos n donts" cuz they most likely fakkits 

/thread
August 20, 2014 @ 09:36 AM
vin

man helgen why you still making lame threads
August 20, 2014 @ 03:05 PM
shakintheD

helgen really went to japan to become a ramen apprentice 
August 21, 2014 @ 07:17 AM
itzmejosh

Trues are wack.  70% of jordans are wack. Snap backs are wack. But who cares what I think?   I wear ugly sneakers like footscapes and sock racers.  That's why I say, just do you. If you're happy with J's, rock J's cuz you prolly won't feel comfortable in vis.  You can tell who's uncomfortable in certain clothes cuz they only imitated a trend.  Some of these kids would be more comfortable in Abercrombie but they're trying to rock been trill.  Just be yourself. 
Footscapes are hella nice b. but my friends think they ugly. But who cares. Them shits are cool

http://projectnibiru.bigcartel.com/

August 21, 2014 @ 08:15 AM
reversal

1. Don't wear what Kanye wears
2. Don't wear what A$AP Rocky wears
3. Avoid /mfa/ and reddit in general
4. Avoid /fa/
MFA aint bad it just has a lot of bullshit too. Not my thing but i wouldnt say its a BAD over all aesthetic there.
MFA dudes wear the same clothes and I have a feeling a lot of them just found out what selvedge denim is. Other than that it's pretty much how you imagine it: fashion discussions on reddit. 
August 21, 2014 @ 02:00 PM
steady

4. Avoid /fa/
MFA aint bad it just has a lot of bullshit too. Not my thing but i wouldnt say its a BAD over all aesthetic there.
this, gil posts MFA inspired fits all the time and they're some of the best on here.
August 21, 2014 @ 05:22 PM
Phillip Kennedy

Have a nice pair of pants and just work to your strenghts. Don't look good in beanies? Ok, don't wear beanies then.
August 21, 2014 @ 05:27 PM
Phillip Kennedy

Trues are wack.  70% of jordans are wack. Snap backs are wack. But who cares what I think?   I wear ugly sneakers like footscapes and sock racers.  That's why I say, just do you. If you're happy with J's, rock J's cuz you prolly won't feel comfortable in vis.  You can tell who's uncomfortable in certain clothes cuz they only imitated a trend.  Some of these kids would be more comfortable in Abercrombie but they're trying to rock been trill.  Just be yourself. 
truuuu
August 21, 2014 @ 05:42 PM
Pantic

4. Avoid /fa/
MFA dudes wear the same clothes and I have a feeling a lot of them just found out what selvedge denim is. Other than that it's pretty much how you imagine it: fashion discussions on reddit. 
oh yeah it's loaded with neckbeard lurkers but u can't tell me 1 fashion forum that isn't full of dudes that can't dress.
it's still an alright aesthetic overall. HB isn't better, it's just for people with different taste.
August 21, 2014 @ 10:36 PM
Potent

Lol at the niggas downvoting because ppl are telling you to be yourself. Fashion is always subjective and there are fashion dos and don'ts but its all about what YOU like and not about what impresses others. Too many kids go on internet looking for validation and end up lacking real confidence and actual personality because they're told how to dress. Don't let ppl who dress jus like any other group tell what you should and shouldn't wear because most of time they're dressing with other people's opinion in mind instead of what they think and value.
August 21, 2014 @ 10:42 PM
oneallah

IMO

whenever i get dressed, i always think to myself "if i were in a crowd of people, would people look at me like what the fuck is this guy wearing?", if the answer is no, i wear it
if the answer is yes, i dont
August 22, 2014 @ 12:49 AM
Feelin_Foolay

Like Ronnie Fieg said...
August 22, 2014 @ 10:32 AM
AmericanLegend

Like Ronnie Fieg said...
working out is modern couture

taste the glamour

August 22, 2014 @ 01:38 PM
ILikeBacon

4. Avoid /fa/
oh yeah it's loaded with neckbeard lurkers but u can't tell me 1 fashion forum that isn't full of dudes that can't dress.
it's still an alright aesthetic overall. HB isn't better, it's just for people with different taste.
It should be pointed out that MFA is aimed at people just starting out. There's a pretty wide range of posters there though.

I'd say I have an open mind and I can get behind most internet fashion communities (HB, SF, Sufu, MFA/FA) but the shit that makes me cringe are the guys on Lookbook and some of the kids in Supreme FB groups that seem to only wear Supreme in every outfit...

To answer the question though, just wear whatever you like (for the most part). But keep in mind that fashion is subjective, so unless you wanna just keep it simple, not everyone is gonna be a fan of what you're wearing.

http://instagram.com/dwu5tc

Please login first to reply.