September 4, 2013 @ 06:32 PM
Ron Swanson

Some tips to build your credit:

Get a CC and pay it off completely every month that way you avoid high interest rates & you don't get yourself into debt.

Don't spend more than 25% of your limit.  For example, if you get a CC w/ a 300$ limit the most you want to put on it is 75$,  creditors want to see that your cards aren't maxed out because that makes you risky.  

The most important one is don't buy it if you can't afford it.  Too many youngins think that because they have a CC w/ available balance that they can afford it.  If that's how you think then you will be in major debt and ruin your credit.  

Remember the purpose here, you're trying to build your credit, not purchase a bunch of things you can't afford.  What I did when I first started was use it strictly for gas, at the end of the month I'd pay it completely off.   I did that for a few months and then got myself a Macy's card (really easy to get approved).  I used that to buy a few items and also paid it off completely every month. Then as your credit score rises you will get increases on your limit etc, that doesn't mean go crazy, be responsible.  

September 5, 2013 @ 01:42 AM
lovedmndlife

i didnt get a credit card till i was around 24, only got it because i was heading over seas for 8 months back in 04, that had a $5000 limit, now i have a $15,000 limit, shits tempting sometimes,  just make sure you pay it off in the time frame specified, or it will end up costing you a shitload more

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

September 5, 2013 @ 04:54 AM
Black Samurai

Some tips to build your credit:

Get a CC and pay it off completely every month that way you avoid high interest rates & you don't get yourself into debt.

Don't spend more than 25% of your limit.  For example, if you get a CC w/ a 300$ limit the most you want to put on it is 75$,  creditors want to see that your cards aren't maxed out because that makes you risky.  

The most important one is don't buy it if you can't afford it.  Too many youngins think that because they have a CC w/ available balance that they can afford it.  If that's how you think then you will be in major debt and ruin your credit.  

Remember the purpose here, you're trying to build your credit, not purchase a bunch of things you can't afford.  What I did when I first started was use it strictly for gas, at the end of the month I'd pay it completely off.   I did that for a few months and then got myself a Macy's card (really easy to get approved).  I used that to buy a few items and also paid it off completely every month. Then as your credit score rises you will get increases on your limit etc, that doesn't mean go crazy, be responsible.  

You pay it off completely they will drop you 

Don't Shoot Pimpin'

September 5, 2013 @ 05:45 AM
MJC

dont                        
As much as possible don't get a credit card, just have your savings/debit card that you can use in your shit shopping. Credit card is something good when you know how to control your spending but then you can still use most of the debit cards in the same way at least you will only spend what you have and you don't need to worry about paying in the future. It is always better to live with what you have without worrying of paying something every month.

If you need to buy expensive item - just save money for it and buy it when you have enough funds...
September 5, 2013 @ 05:47 AM
ReZ

join a frat. become the designated alcohol buyer

Please login first to reply.