March 30, 2013 @ 05:00 PM
valleyla

Why are niggas really trying to argue over a women over the rape awareness. Dudes don't even need to be talking about this. We are not the ones with the fear. 
Whites shouldn't have helped in the civil rights movement either then?

It's an issue to me because I have female loved ones
March 30, 2013 @ 05:02 PM
valleyla

i agree with most of what feminists say and of course i believe rape is a horrible thing but i have to agree most feminists i encounter are annoying as hell, and when they act like date rape is worse than murder it kind of tends to get old. it annoys me that people refuse to give even an inch in their arguments, on both sides. men: women don't deserve to be raped or molested even if they are drunk/ acting slutty. women: you really don't think a fair amount of these cases are women crying wolf after getting severely fucked up and not knowing what happened? i think it is probably higher than 2% people make stupid decisions when they're are fucked up and to act like all men are thirsty rapists trying to take advantage of you is ridiculous. 
I'll just say this

No. Do your research
March 30, 2013 @ 05:03 PM
Mr_Chukes

It's a whole different arguement. Also you aren't doing anything to help. You're just arguing over an Internet forum with people who most likely don't give a fuck. If you want to help go out and do something. In respects to your argument on civil rights. The people that helped were actually out in the streets helping out. The Underground Railroad was people helping African Americans move to the north. Arguing with some girl about rape is not going to help anything. Go out do something, start a march. Don't take it here because it will have no affect. 
March 30, 2013 @ 05:12 PM
valleyla

It's a whole different arguement. Also you aren't doing anything to help. You're just arguing over an Internet forum with people who most likely don't give a fuck. If you want to help go out and do something. In respects to your argument on civil rights. The people that helped were actually out in the streets helping out. The Underground Railroad was people helping African Americans move to the north. Arguing with some girl about rape is not going to help anything. Go out do something, start a march. Don't take it here because it will have no affect. 
I've participated in a SlutWalk for a friend. I correct my friends when they say shit like that's being in this thread. I've written articles regarding feminism and rape culture for my college newspaper. You see me in only in this thread and don't see the things I do in support of the cause. 
March 30, 2013 @ 05:22 PM
Mr_Chukes

Ok that's good. What's your view summed up in a short answer. I feel that no deserves to get hurt but you should be cautious with what you are doing. Like girls shouldn't dress all slutty at night when alone because there are creeps out there. Just like I don't go around at night with my hood on walking the streets or go to parties that I will know that will be shot up. People need to be cautious everywhere they go. Hate crimes are committed everywhere to. Racism is still here even in this day and age. So I watch my back. Girls should watch their back and know where they at. That's why I tell my girl to carry her paper spray wherever she goes. And if she not feeling safe somewhere to call me and I'll be there. 

In the end all you can do is treat people how you want to be treated. By that I believe you can be a part of the solution and not the problem. 
March 30, 2013 @ 05:24 PM
adoboFosho

Why are niggas really trying to argue over a women over the rape awareness. Dudes don't even need to be talking about this. We are not the ones with the fear. 
Whites shouldn't have helped in the civil rights movement either then?

It's an issue to me because I have female loved ones
http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/santa-cruz/Prosecutor-Woman-in-fake-UC-Santa-Cruz-rape-offered-sex-on-Craigslist/-/5738976/19522852/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/4gda9dz/-/index.html

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

March 30, 2013 @ 05:26 PM
shakintheD

indian bangbus
March 30, 2013 @ 05:37 PM
valleyla

Ok that's good. What's your view summed up in a short answer. I feel that no deserves to get hurt but you should be cautious with what you are doing. Like girls shouldn't dress all slutty at night when alone because there are creeps out there. Just like I don't go around at night with my hood on walking the streets or go to parties that I will know that will be shot up. People need to be cautious everywhere they go. Hate crimes are committed everywhere to. Racism is still here even in this day and age. So I watch my back. Girls should watch their back and know where they at. That's why I tell my girl to carry her paper spray wherever she goes. And if she not feeling safe somewhere to call me and I'll be there. 

In the end all you can do is treat people how you want to be treated. By that I believe you can be a part of the solution and not the problem. 
My opinion is this.

Girls shouldn't have to take extra precaution at night. They shouldn't have to take extra precaution at parties. They shouldn't live in constant fear because I, as a male, don't. The feeling of being secure is not a privilege. Rape culture needs to be looked at and taken apart so girls don't have to go the extra mile to feel safe. Security is a right, not a privilege. 

And calling people out on their shit, like myself and others have done in this thread, are taking a route of being an active solution. Passive solutions do not work.
March 30, 2013 @ 11:20 PM
Panther.

http://dulcolax.tumblr.com/post/46600150778/attention-feminist-rape-culture-bloggers

http://http//fugitivus.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/another-post-about-rape-3/

I can't open the second link, but this is so fucked up. Inb4 someone is thick enough to tell me these are the type of guys I'm fighting for. These are most definitely NOT. If he fucking CARRIED HER SOMEWHERE and sexually assaulted her WHEN SHE DIDN'T SAY YES, then it is not okay. She did NOT say yes; she was too intoxicated to do anything. But this kid is seriously fucked up and should get the locker.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

March 30, 2013 @ 11:49 PM
valleyla

http://dulcolax.tumblr.com/post/46600150778/attention-feminist-rape-culture-bloggers

http://http//fugitivus.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/another-post-about-rape-3/

I can't open the second link, but this is so fucked up. Inb4 someone is thick enough to tell me these are the type of guys I'm fighting for. These are most definitely NOT. If he fucking CARRIED HER SOMEWHERE and sexually assaulted her WHEN SHE DIDN'T SAY YES, then it is not okay. She did NOT say yes; she was too intoxicated to do anything. But this kid is seriously fucked up and should get the locker.
Second link is regarding behaviors girls are taught to adhere to in our society such as being defensive makes them a crazy bitch, not wanting to talk to a guy who is "just being friendly" is a cold bitch etc.

I don't think you're defending him.

But I used it to prove my point that we have a serious issue with rape in this country (world even) and we live in a rape culture that allows guys, such as this guy in that story, to think something like that is even remotely okay at the time. Men do not respect women in this world at all. 
March 31, 2013 @ 01:45 AM
vis

sexism does occur to men, i think you guys are probably talking about sexual harassment.
March 31, 2013 @ 02:00 AM
valleyla

sexism does occur to men, i think you guys are probably talking about sexual harassment.
No.

Again, sexism does not occur to men. Sexual harassment can occur to men. 

Sexism is not just being prejudice. We live in a society run by men, how can they be systematically oppressed? 
April 1, 2013 @ 03:15 AM
vis

Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex. -wikipedia
I'd say sexual harassment does occur to men, but what are the odds of a man trying to file a complaint about a woman grabbing his ass?
April 1, 2013 @ 03:19 AM
bjornvan

remind me of that chick on black ink show on vh1. talkin bout she got roofied after everybody started callin her a slut.lol

but this was funny true or not.

April 1, 2013 @ 07:20 AM
kbos

1. Dudes like NapoleonComplex probably claim women are the inferior race yet they're the one catching feels. 

2. False rape allegations are estimated to be about 2% of actual rapes that go reported. Y'all should be looking at other false allegation issues first like minorities being charged with crimes they didn't commit. MUCH higher percentage. 

3. We do have a rape culture in this society. Boys are bombarded with messages they should "take what they want in life", "don't give up when a girl turns you down. keep trying, she'll come around", and that getting a girl drunk to have sex is okay. 

Rape culture is definitely a thing. I, as a guy, will never understand the fear of walking alone late at night or the fear of being alone with a guy (even a relative or partner). 

Sexism towards men doesn't exist just like racism towards whites doesn't exist. Sexism is the systematic (whether obvious or not) oppression of the minority group by the majority. Racism is the same thing. No black person can be racist against me because I have far more benefits in our society than they do. Prejudice is not the same thing. 

It's fucked up that the Ohio kids only got 1 to 2 years for raping a girl yet petty theft can land you 5 years MINIMUM. Same with drug possession. 

If I ever have a daughter and this shit happens to her, I'll catch a body. 
word. i'm not about to read through every page of this shit... heads gunna hate on this are just childish commin from some HB fam.
April 2, 2013 @ 01:46 AM
luxmvmnt

Women are so damn hypocritical. I see stupid fucking pictures like this

Wouldn't rape that bitch anyways ^

But the actual logic behind it is more like this

Funny part is I actually know of some shit like this. My sister's friend fucked a guy and regretted it the next day because she thought (yes these are the actual words):
"He might be grimy."
She then told her parents and filed a police claim that she was raped. Like what the fuck? Bitch if you said YES you said YES. I realize you can't legally give consent when drunk, but the guy is also drunk 95% of the time. Laws should be changed. Feminism bothers me. 

And as a final disclaimer, I do not condone rape, but some of this shit sounds too weird to be true.

/end rant 
*rolls eyes. Side eye* 

Instagram: @Fiercefantasy Ask me about #Luxmvmnt http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/56WVGMN

April 3, 2013 @ 04:42 AM
valleyla

April 3, 2013 @ 05:05 AM

^^ wow. I have no hope for humanity

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

April 3, 2013 @ 01:12 PM
GENERAL DISARRAY

"Steubenville football players drug, kidnap, and gang rape unconscious girl, call themselves '€œRape Crew', tweet about it, take pictures of it, and video tape it. They are essentially sentenced to 1-2 years. The media bends over backwards to portray them sympathetically.Marissa Alexander fires a warning gunshot to defend herself against abusive husband. No one is hurt. She is sentenced to 20 years."
April 4, 2013 @ 03:19 AM
Black Donald Trump

No.

Again, sexism does not occur to men. Sexual harassment can occur to men. 

Sexism is not just being prejudice. We live in a society run by men, how can they be systematically oppressed? 
sexism is just prejudice and can happen to men. institutional sexism is when people are systematically oppressed.

Please login first to reply.