June 12, 2012 @ 07:31 PM
blaagh

I want to get one soon and build my credit. Thing is I just don't know which card to go with and I don't want to have multiple cards. which card do you guys have and what are the perks or reasons as to why you like it?

est. mcmxcii

June 12, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
Trollinator

Get one.

try to get a low interest rate around 12% of you can.

Never spend any of the money if you know you won't be able to pay it back.

Make the minimum payments. Remember not to pay all of it, it's how you built credit.

I think you should start with $500 CC limit.

I want to see the world burn

June 12, 2012 @ 07:52 PM
kelleydenham

I'm going into college in the fall and was planning on getting a card. I'll most likely only use it for things like plane tickets and bigger purchases, but not for everyday expenses. Any advice?

FOR SALE >>> Bape XXL tees and Nike Dunk Low Pro B Size 10 - PM me! #GardnerGang #FloralFam

June 12, 2012 @ 07:53 PM
deadpooL

He's not going to lock in a 12% rate as a first timer / student.

Unless there's a special "0% interest for the first 12 month" type promotion, try to make the payments in full. Never a good idea to make minimum payments with a high interest rate. You can still build your credit via full payments.
June 12, 2012 @ 08:24 PM
Fitch

1st Financial Bank sends out applications to college students looking to build credit. It's aimed at people like us starting from nothing. The rates for that card are complete shit, but if it's all you're eligible for, what can you do? There's also two cards I've had my eyes on for a little while. One of them even gives you an instant decision after you apply. They are:

http://www.creditkarma.com/creditcard/CCCitiBank1297?originEvent=175885021

http://www.creditkarma.com/creditcard/CCDiscoverCard1607?originEvent=175885037

But yeah, there's a million different cards out there. Just keep looking!
June 12, 2012 @ 08:50 PM
craigsagersuit

I'm going into college in the fall and was planning on getting a card. I'll most likely only use it for things like plane tickets and bigger purchases, but not for everyday expenses. Any advice?

get the one with skymiles if you like to travel. my econ teacher told me about it

dude's going to greece for like 70 bucks

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

June 12, 2012 @ 09:12 PM
kelleydenham

@RealGoon
Yea, I was definitely gonna get a card with rewards for flying.

FOR SALE >>> Bape XXL tees and Nike Dunk Low Pro B Size 10 - PM me! #GardnerGang #FloralFam

June 12, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
Fitch

be cautious and take financial responsibility. know what you're doing and pay in full, always, whether it's a super low or super high interest rate. really, ir shouldn't matter if you're responsible.
June 12, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
kelleydenham

be cautious and take financial responsibility. know what you're doing and pay in full, always, whether it's a super low or super high interest rate. really, ir shouldn't matter if you're responsible.

June 12, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
matsu714

Be responsible, I learned that the semi hard way, although I never missed a payment and I'd say my credit is pretty good. Most likely you won't get one with low APR with no credit at all, and worst case scenario you may even have to look into getting a secured credit card. If you are responsible take advantage of rewards credit cards. I'd say one of the better credit card imo is the chase freedom card. Since ive got it 6 months back, I've already gotten $500+ dollars back on purchases with obviously nothing lost on balance interest. But with that I only spend necessities that would otherwise be paid off with a debit card like gas, groceries, and bills.

<a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/kelleydenham/' rel='nofollow'>@kelleydenham</a>
I actually recently got a chase southwest rapid rewards credit card which gave me 50,000 bonus point after first purchase. That's equivalent to 2 round trip fares worth $800 or you can even redeem for $500+ of amazon and other store gc. One catch is there is a $69 annual fee but for the small investment the points you can exchange for the flight will payoff immediately.
June 12, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
originalhype

Once you have credit score, get yourself an American express card.

Their customer service is top notch whether local or international.

Also their cards, you must pay in FULL.

Check out my online store: www.selfscale.net SNAP03: Corroded Key Chain Fob $30.00 FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA SHOE01: Portable Shoe B

June 12, 2012 @ 10:17 PM
jaded

Don't get a limit that you can't afford to pay off completely. My friend got a $10,000 limit and maxed it almost immediately. It's too tempting to spend money you don't have, and that's exactly what they're hoping you do. Get something you know you can manage, especially since it's your first card, and your interest rate will probably be high.

Try to make larger purchases at the start of a billing cycle instead of near the end, that way you have a full month before you owe a payment on the card (this is probably more applicable if you want to pay off the entire balance each month). Personally, I try to pay off the entire balance at the end of each month. I know some people prefer to do the minimum payment, but I'd rather not carry any debt, or carry as little as possible.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

June 13, 2012 @ 12:10 AM
matsu714

Remember there are certain things that you do not want to do that will affect your credit. One of of the things i feel that most people at our age wont realize is you want to keep your first cc you opened. The length of time you have maintained good credit will have an impact on your overall score although it isnt the most important factor. Simply after you've established credit with your first card and you dont want to use the card for w/e reason, put it away. Of course after being so inactive they will usually send a letter stating use the card or it will be cancelled. Easy, buy something cheap, pay it off and then proceed to put the card away again. Lastly to what Jaded says, you have to be responsible to have a credit card. It can be advantageous and disadvantageous to have more credit then you need. Obviously if you have more credit then your debt-to-credit ratio will be less and better for your score. But at a certain point if you have too much credit, it might be hard to obtain more credit whether its in other cards, etc.
June 13, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
yoon

got discover for 1st credit card last year. always paid in full and just this week chase sent me a CC request. called today and now waiting for approval

www.ronindivision.com

June 13, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
harleminican

smfh get your money game right
June 13, 2012 @ 03:59 AM
Redline

Once you have credit score, get yourself an American express card.
Also their cards, you must pay in FULL.

That is... not true at all smh
June 13, 2012 @ 04:15 AM
thatkidcisco

Apply for a capital one journey card. It's a student card to help build your credit. They start you out with $500. I started out with that one.
June 13, 2012 @ 04:24 AM
uEih

Don't buy things unless you can pay that off, don't spend it like it's not your money.. Act as if that limit is actually how much you have and not how much you can spend. I always pay in full and it's been good to me. Don't spend every dollar you get unless you have to, save up as much as you can because you know there are going to be months where you're going to be spending way more than expected, something you don't have to worry about if you don't spend every penny you have.
June 13, 2012 @ 04:25 AM
riceispro

Get a rewards card of some sort.

i'd recommend a chase freedom - you can get like $300 for spending $500 in the first few (3confused months.

as was said before, try to pay off the full balance every month and don't get in debt
June 13, 2012 @ 04:29 AM
Legit Shit

^ Came to say that. I actually got accepted for it as my first cc 2 days ago and I'm just waiting for it to come in. The interest rate is a little high at ~19% but I plan on paying it back each month anyways.
I wanted to use my bank, BoA, but they didn't even accept me for their student card. And I have no credit history whatsoever. Whatever tho, this one seems like a good option.

upthefunk

June 13, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
Legit Shit

Can't edit my post for whatever reason but that was replying to @ thatkidcisco

upthefunk

June 13, 2012 @ 04:47 AM
franjoli

WTB: UNIQLO x UNDERCOVER FISHTAIL UTILITY PARKA IN SIZE S/M ANY COLOUR MESSAGE

June 13, 2012 @ 08:11 AM
blaagh

got discover for 1st credit card last year. always paid in full and just this week chase sent me a CC request. called today and now waiting for approval

Get a rewards card of some sort.

i'd recommend a chase freedom - you can get like $300 for spending $500 in the first few (3confused months.

as was said before, try to pay off the full balance every month and don't get in debt

I was actually looking to apply for the Chase Freedom card since I bank with them too.
American Express really appeals to me except for the annual fee.
I used to work for Discover.. pretty good company.
I guess I'm stuck between Chase Freedom or a Discover card.

est. mcmxcii

June 13, 2012 @ 11:13 AM
hypoh

I was actually looking to apply for the Chase Freedom card since I bank with them too.
American Express really appeals to me except for the annual fee.
I used to work for Discover.. pretty good company.
I guess I'm stuck between Chase Freedom or a Discover card.

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday does not have an annual fee. I have that card, but I wouldn't suggest an AMEX to be your first credit card.
June 13, 2012 @ 01:20 PM
Lemonz

June 13, 2012 @ 01:50 PM
Unuffin

credit cards are bad.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

Please login first to reply.