Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
July 9, 2010 @ 02:16 AM
Brown Rug

Thinking about grabbing these after work tomorrow, what do you guys think? Was listening with them a few weeks ago, impressed me a lot more than those Beats by Dr. Dre headphones.

store.apple.com/us/product/TX584ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MTcyNTEzMDU&s=priceHL
July 9, 2010 @ 02:29 AM
wcac26

get some sennheiser headphones
July 9, 2010 @ 02:42 AM
chemist.

they don't cost $300 and they make you look like less of a pretentious prick

sennies are dope

http://trillosopher.tumblr.com

July 9, 2010 @ 02:45 AM
Bob Sacamano

Instead of paying so much for mediocre headphones, go with Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic, two highly respected companies that have been making some of the best quality headphones for years. You can find them on Amazon for almost half the price as the ones you listed and you get much higher quality.

^^Those are the ones I use.
July 9, 2010 @ 02:56 AM
DlAMOND

Beats are only aesthetic and they don't even look that great.
Basically all Apple products are overpriced and you have been blinded by there branding.
What the ✖✖✖✖✖s recommended above are at a fair price and sound better then those trash you listed..
July 9, 2010 @ 07:54 AM
gaws

I put those on and didn't like how they sounded.

If I were you, look into sennheiser or some Grados.
July 9, 2010 @ 08:09 AM
Dopeski

I purchased and own those P5. The sound on them is great and the comfort level is beyond expectation. I also own the Seinnheisers and Beats by Dr Dre. The Seins are more a studio headphone, walking around with them would look bulky and retarded. The Dr Dre bass is over-exaggerated bass and unless you're the type of retarded that blasts his music in his car so the world can hear they're not audiophile worthy. I am awaiting the Beats Pro to pass judgment on those.

I like the P5's, they're a great set of cans but unfortunately after about a week I finally gave up on them. They leak sound if you play you music high and the pads are getting pretty warm on the ears around this time of year. If you cant deal with that feeling you're not going to like them. Mids and lows sound neutral while highs on them aren't too bad. The sound is pretty controlled and the build of the headphones is definitely better than the beats.

Unfortunately what I also discovered is that it doesn't work with the iphone 3G iOS4. The control on stops music but the volume button doesn't work. I asked B&W about it and they said they're working with Apple on a fix. If you have any questions regarding them specifics you can find it on their website, but if you need more info you can always twitter Bowers_&_Wilkins.

All in all a solid pair of headphones, obviously there are better sounding ones, but unless you work in a music studio or like walking around with big ass cans these are a pretty damn good pair within this price range and minimalistic.

Unless you own several pairs of headphones I would suggest you just stop commenting in this thread now.

-Dope
July 9, 2010 @ 08:17 AM
kuli

/thread
July 9, 2010 @ 08:21 AM
eteled

If you listen to hip hop I would recommend beats by dre

I got the solo ones and they're dope

July 9, 2010 @ 08:23 AM
Imco0l

AKG or Sennheisers
July 9, 2010 @ 02:49 PM
Justiu

Depending on how you get your music.
Download = Any crappy headphones.
Buy = Beats or any Studio quality headphones. (Worth the $)

hb fell off / justinlifestyle.tumblr.com

July 9, 2010 @ 02:50 PM
faust

July 9, 2010 @ 03:00 PM
KUSH

grados are uncomfortable as fuck... i have a pair of sr225i's tryin to trade em for some beyer dynamics
July 9, 2010 @ 03:03 PM
northwest

they don't cost $300 and they make you look like less of a pretentious prick

sennies are dope

I have these sony's and they are my back-up. They're decent, but nothing special.
July 9, 2010 @ 03:16 PM
Shynobi

get some sennheiser headphones

Correct.
July 9, 2010 @ 03:24 PM
essej

Depending on how you get your music.
Download = Any crappy headphones.
Buy = Beats or any Studio quality headphones. (Worth the $)

this is retarded. you can download the same quality (flac) that you would get on a cd.
July 9, 2010 @ 03:24 PM
rawbee.

don't recommend garbage. the highs are horrible and squeeky. the mid's are muffled, and the bass is dirty. people need to some saying these dre headphones are good. the studio's are 'decent', but the price should be less than half of what they currently retail for. then it'd be good buy.

if you want decent headphones, get something like the sennheiser hd650's or shure srh440's
July 9, 2010 @ 03:27 PM
AbDizzy

July 9, 2010 @ 04:16 PM
Jackson12

my brother has beats by dre, a cord broke and they sent him a new set so the customer service is good. just something to take into consideration, plus they sound amazing.
July 9, 2010 @ 05:28 PM
Kayv

Good headphones from Guitar Center are better than all these fashion headphones. Also I started using my dad's Bose headphones that you hear on infomercials. These headphones are amazing. Better than anything I have ever used, although I haven't used the high end headphones for music production that you can buy at Guitar Center.

I make beats so I have tried several headphones for those late night home studio sessions when people in my house are asleep. All were shit except for the Bose. I can actually accurately make music using the Bose headphones.
July 9, 2010 @ 05:31 PM
Eliijah Pt 2

July 9, 2010 @ 06:04 PM
hentai

Headsets make a huge difference to me. Here is a prime example of what a great headset can do for you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GOu6aukyrE

http://hentaiwarlord.tumblr.com http://instagram.com/hentaiwarlord

Please login first to reply.