Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 27, 2008 @ 06:32 PM
SOJ

who's bout his mashups?

bounce that from Night Ripper
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK3O_qZVqXk
September 27, 2008 @ 07:32 PM
internet

I like his music but from what I've heard, he sucks live. Pressing buttons on a laptop and jumping up and down is not my idea of an awesome live performace.
September 27, 2008 @ 08:33 PM
SantaDuJuan

I like his music but from what I've heard, he sucks live. Pressing buttons on a laptop and jumping up and down is not my idea of an awesome live performace.

From what I've seen it seems pretty fun
Everyone dancing and shit
but each to their own I suppose

As for Girl Talk in general, I'm a big fan.
But I enjoy mashups in general
His music is pretty ADD though, but that's what I dig.
September 27, 2008 @ 09:18 PM
YorkCount

He's ok..I think he makes his mashes way too complicated then they need to be.
In my opinion there's alot more better mashup djs out there
September 27, 2008 @ 09:22 PM
MilliTV

its ok ...
September 28, 2008 @ 10:11 PM
rtst102

it ain't the coolest shit in the world i admit, but he gets the crowds going somehow
September 28, 2008 @ 10:27 PM
scrm

He's good but he crams about 20 songs into one track. I like Hood Internet better.
September 29, 2008 @ 03:22 PM
WGMeets

His shit is pretty dope. But I do agree that he crams songs together.His last album was fun as hell.
September 29, 2008 @ 04:31 PM
SOJ

he does get the crowd going its soo true. he should have back problems from the amount of crouching he does over his comp.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyVwHYx9_hI&feature=related
i want to be there just for the intense dance party
i'm trying to get tix to his concert on nov 12th, onnly 20$!
September 29, 2008 @ 07:37 PM
McTease

He's an overrated artist, there's so much love for him.
I mean I really enjoy mashups, 'Blue Eyes Meets Bed Stuy' comes to mind, but most of his shit is decent at best.
His choice of artists and songs straight up suck the only thing he's got going for him is that his songs can combine to be just one long track.
September 29, 2008 @ 09:52 PM
internet

he does get the crowd going its soo true. he should have back problems from the amount of crouching he does over his comp.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyVwHYx9_hI&feature=related
i want to be there just for the intense dance party
i'm trying to get tix to his concert on nov 12th, onnly 20$!

Haha, I was actually at this show. It was alright, place was full of douchebag frat boys though.
October 1, 2008 @ 12:30 AM
PURPLE!

i fuck with this to the fullest...get the party nd my buzz hype! cool
October 1, 2008 @ 03:39 PM
Theseventhletter

I'm not a huge fan i dont consider him a dj or a musician at all IMO he just know how to use a couple computer programs he does nothing live but fake the funk by tapping on a laptop his music is decent i prefer less congested mash ups.
October 1, 2008 @ 07:18 PM
rtst102

Haha, I was actually at this show. It was alright, place was full of douchebag frat boys though.

funny thing about that latter statement. girl talk is finally hitting frat crowd at UofI when I went down there this past weekend.
October 1, 2008 @ 08:12 PM
klump

girl talk is dope in my opionon, mabey not a skilled musician but every party i went to last summer all you heard was night ripper, shit gets everyone moving
October 1, 2008 @ 09:10 PM
killacam

i think hes dope. personally i think that would take hella work to put together a whole album like that, taking songs from many different genres, etc. his shits on point
October 5, 2008 @ 12:28 PM
AlphaTrion

Everyone I know that doesn't know anything about DJ'ing consider him the greatest DJ to have ever lived.

I think I could enjoy him if it wasn't for that. His shit is extremely ADD though.
October 5, 2008 @ 07:18 PM
SantaDuJuan

Everyone I know that doesn't know anything about DJ'ing consider him the greatest DJ to have ever lived.

I think I could enjoy him if it wasn't for that. His shit is extremely ADD though.

So you don't like him because of the stupidity of other people?
That's silly
October 5, 2008 @ 10:47 PM
AlphaTrion

No, I still don't care much for him...it just makes me like him less. I can listen to his CD but i can't stand to hear it in a club. That ADD shit is killing DJ'ing. As soon as you hear something good it's gone within about 6 seconds.

Peep the What dj's do you like thread...just about every DJ mentioned there could rock a party better than him.
October 6, 2008 @ 09:08 AM
SantaDuJuan

No, I still don't care much for him...it just makes me like him less. I can listen to his CD but i can't stand to hear it in a club. That ADD shit is killing DJ'ing. As soon as you hear something good it's gone within about 6 seconds.

Peep the What dj's do you like thread...just about every DJ mentioned there could rock a party better than him.

[SIZE="6"]GIRL TALK IS NOT A DJ, NOR DOES HE CONSIDER HIMSELF ONE[/SIZE]

Now since that has been stated saying you don't like his music because it is so ADD, I understand that and even though I personally love Girl Talk I wouldn't want to hear it in a club either, in my opinion the album is best listened in a stero or through headphones.
October 6, 2008 @ 09:05 PM
AlphaTrion

I'm well aware of that but he is influencing a ton of DJ's. Every club I go to now is basically doing his shit. Either the same mash-ups he does or they're on the same "Lemme play 30 songs in the next 5 minutes" tip.

And honestly...where is the line? He may not call himself a DJ but he's doing a DJ's job in traditionally DJ-focused venues, he's marketed as a DJ, and his CDs are glorified mixtapes. The only thing that differentiates him from a DJ is he's using a Laptop and Ableton Live instead of turntables or CD decks.
October 13, 2008 @ 06:53 AM
slugg

i prefer hood internet to gt but i'll admit i do like his shit. a bit too fast, but good overall. and rofl @ the chick to his left in the live video. :p
October 17, 2008 @ 12:18 PM
lysol

pretty good.
October 18, 2008 @ 01:21 AM
internet

funny thing about that latter statement. girl talk is finally hitting frat crowd at UofI when I went down there this past weekend.

Yeah, but I guess you can't go within 15 miles of Iowa City without being surrounded by douche bags. I love that city during the day time but at night it's just annoying.
October 18, 2008 @ 06:49 PM
fresh14

I saw girl talk at U of Rochester earlier this year infusing samples I'd never imagine possible.
October 19, 2008 @ 09:16 PM
prayers

went to my school and majored in the same thing, but graduated before i got here. his stuff is all right, good for driving as well as parties
October 20, 2008 @ 04:37 AM
h&g1

I'm well aware of that but he is influencing a ton of DJ's. Every club I go to now is basically doing his shit. Either the same mash-ups he does or they're on the same "Lemme play 30 songs in the next 5 minutes" tip.

And honestly...where is the line? He may not call himself a DJ but he's doing a DJ's job in traditionally DJ-focused venues, he's marketed as a DJ, and his CDs are glorified mixtapes. The only thing that differentiates him from a DJ is he's using a Laptop and Ableton Live instead of turntables or CD decks.

....and there's really no organic beat matching done. don't get me wrong dude's ill, but he's not beat matching or doing turntablism of anykind, so he's not djing.

Please login first to reply.