Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 2, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
soussoulrecords

Well, not all of them are, because Ye still dominated all of the hip hop categories, but is anyone else pissed THE FUCK OFF that his album was not nominated for album of the year, the only songs he was nominated for were Otis and All of the Lights, and that Tha Carter IV was even nominated for anything? Shits messed up. The Grammy's have turned way too commercial because they're only nominating the shit that people wanna watch on TV so they can make more money.
December 2, 2011 @ 11:03 PM
Jay_Bird

i never cared much for that bullshit,they never give credit to real albums anyway

they go by sales which is crap
December 3, 2011 @ 12:06 AM
NeoLobster

The Grammys don't care about Hip Hop in the same way Hip Hop doesn't care about Grammies
let adele/lady gaga/mainstream bullshit have her time to shine man, fuck it
December 3, 2011 @ 01:15 AM
amazing11

It is bullshit, Kanye deserves AOTY
December 3, 2011 @ 03:44 AM
soussoulrecords

The Grammys don't care about Hip Hop in the same way Hip Hop doesn't care about Grammies
let adele/lady gaga/mainstream bullshit have her time to shine man, fuck it

Yeah I feel that. Still, it would be nice to have Kanye get what the fuck he deserves
December 3, 2011 @ 12:35 PM
goldANDsacks

The Grammy's have turned way too commercial because they're only nominating the shit that people wanna watch on TV so they can make more money.

uhh... what? when were the Grammy's not commercial? in fact, the commercial aspect (radio-play, "what people wanna watch on TV") is a big component of how the nominees are chosen. it's never been about what is artistically the best music of the year. its about what is the best selling and most "liked" music of the year.
December 3, 2011 @ 03:05 PM
bonemarrow

i know it's stupid

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

December 3, 2011 @ 04:03 PM
InfamousZero

skrillex has 5 nominations nigga. that's reason enough to know the grammys are bullshit.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off Lucasj : I drink milk like it's nut

December 3, 2011 @ 05:47 PM
CamTitanic

MBDTF wasn't that good.
December 3, 2011 @ 05:47 PM
damnwitless1

If you're just now figuring out the Grammys are completely useless then you're obviously stupid

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

December 3, 2011 @ 06:55 PM
soussoulrecords

MBDTF wasn't that good.

yeah right, it wasn't that good, that's why like mad music critics gave it stellar reviews. what do they know?
December 3, 2011 @ 07:20 PM
chief

The Grammy's have turned way too commercial because they're only nominating the shit that people wanna watch on TV so they can make more money.

uhh... what? when were the Grammy's not commercial? in fact, the commercial aspect (radio-play, "what people wanna watch on TV") is a big component of how the nominees are chosen. it's never been about what is artistically the best music of the year. its about what is the best selling and most "liked" music of the year.

In 2008, Herbie Hancock won, and in 2009, Robert Plant and Allison Krauss won. I had never even heard of either of those albums until the Grammy's, so it's kind of random still I guess. But I looked it up and this is the only Kanye album that hasn't been up for album of the year except 808s. Tha Carter III was up for it in 2009 (What the fuck? ) and I'm still amazed Bruno Mars managed to get in front of Kanye this year for the award. Kanye seriously got jewfucked

•••

December 3, 2011 @ 07:54 PM
Brooklyn_718

In 2008, Herbie Hancock won, and in 2009, Robert Plant and Allison Krauss won. I had never even heard of either of those albums until the Grammy's, so it's kind of random still I guess. But I looked it up and this is the only Kanye album that hasn't been up for album of the year except 808s. Tha Carter III was up for it in 2009 (What the fuck? ) and I'm still amazed Bruno Mars managed to get in front of Kanye this year for the award. Kanye seriously got jewfucked

I swear I was about to say the same exact thing about Herbie Hancock.... Also I'll admit I never heard of Arcade fire and they won, and Esperenza Spalding won Best New Artist over Justin Beiber...

They give awards based on who they feel deserves it more, so it is a matter of opinion and of course someone will always be disappointed. I think the fact that Kanye gotten so many great reviews and still wasn't nominated sucks, but once again it's a matter of opinion.
December 3, 2011 @ 08:43 PM
soussoulrecords

I swear I was about to say the same exact thing about Herbie Hancock.... Also I'll admit I never heard of Arcade fire and they won, and Esperenza Spalding won Best New Artist over Justin Beiber...

They give awards based on who they feel deserves it more, so it is a matter of opinion and of course someone will always be disappointed. I think the fact that Kanye gotten so many great reviews and still wasn't nominated sucks, but once again it's a matter of opinion.

Yeah I agree with that, but still Esperanza Spalding won best new artist for a dumb reason too. it was just because she was part of like the Grammy ensemble or some shit like that and they were trying to promote it
December 3, 2011 @ 08:48 PM
thepat

MBDTF wasn't that good.

lol
December 3, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
chief

Yeah I agree with that, but still Esperanza Spalding won best new artist for a dumb reason too. it was just because she was part of like the Grammy ensemble or some shit like that and they were trying to promote it

It's a shame that Kanye's album overall got better ratings than any of the albums that were nominated. I know that there are A LOT of good albums that could have been considered, but the fact Kanye is so mainstream, more so than most rappers that could be considered, I thought his album would be a shoo-in

•••

December 4, 2011 @ 01:03 AM
AdnanToThe

Everyones always out to get Kanye

Instagram- @AdnanToThe http://twitter.com/#!/AdnanToThe http://adnantothe.tumblr.com/

December 4, 2011 @ 04:06 AM
QuailMan

Ye cool even tho he was snubbed for ATOY

and Nicki Minaj is nomianted for multiple grammys.......says it all

http://yellow-stuff.com/ nigger

December 4, 2011 @ 04:27 AM
xVILLN

MBDTF wasn't that good.

this.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

December 4, 2011 @ 05:14 AM
abovetheseclouds

You all know KanYe deserved that AOTY nomination.
December 4, 2011 @ 07:12 PM
bonemarrow

You all know KanYe deserved that AOTY nomination.

the grammy's don't matter it matters how you feel about the music. Dark Fantasy was album of last year for me.

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

Please login first to reply.