Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 31, 2007 @ 05:01 PM
OB_5

Lately I've been seeing people wearing many colors that obviously don't match.
For example I've seen some one with a purple shirt with some red/white shoes?
I'm not dissing anyone who does this, but whats the purpose and what is the "proper" way to pull it off.

And if you match too much you're trying too hard??
December 31, 2007 @ 05:11 PM
Medasyn

id say matchin is still the old skl way to go.
i just where a colour way which looks nice to me.
December 31, 2007 @ 10:15 PM
CuttyBuddy

^ Couldn't have said anything better. Matching doesn't necessarily mean one is trying too hard, but it's just a hassle. When you buy a pair of shoes, you start panicking once you look in your closet and can't find anything that matches, then you spend about 2 days looking for something that DOES match. And when you still can't find it, you bring your problem to HB. But if you do have shit that matches, then definitely a +1 for you.
January 1, 2008 @ 12:57 AM
dtrader

I almost never match the predominant colors of my outfit. If I got a red shirt with a little white and green print, I'll maybe rock some white and green kicks. Or, I'll wear basic colors like grey/black/tan/brown/white, with one strong color thing so it gets attention...like white t, black jeans red preme blazers
January 1, 2008 @ 02:24 AM
koedog.

Sometimes colors not matching looks mad good

like red straight legs, yellow/blk/wht Jordan old love new love and a white shirt or somethin, some people need to match color with color though, or else they will look stupid

Not matching is coo though

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

January 1, 2008 @ 03:02 AM
Dugout

Im with dtrader. Im trying to wear less bright coloured tees and just wear more white/black/grey stuff.
January 1, 2008 @ 11:49 AM
SeanCK

to an extent i like to match... but im not goin teal dunks teal/purp mishka and teal/ purp new era...

but i usually just look in the mirror an see what looks the best/cleanest
January 1, 2008 @ 07:49 PM
FreshAddict

I try to match head-to-toe but sometimes I tend to look like I'm reppin the b'z or c'z
January 1, 2008 @ 11:38 PM
itsSoLeCooL

matching is not important anymore, as long as the colors goes along with one another
January 2, 2008 @ 05:21 AM
Shinchi

Sometimes matching just looks too much; If you've got something that a really prominent colour like a neon or bright colour. You wanna tone it down and not try to match your top to your shoes, otherwise it looks too much. Tone that shit down with some Neutral colours, main reason I buy black and white tees so much.

If I do decide to match however I like to do it more subtually; so if my kicks are prominently red but with a bit of blue, I'll match to the blue rather than the red. Bright Pink shoes with a bright Pink Hoody ain't a good look.
January 2, 2008 @ 08:25 AM
jeveryday

I dont know how to not match. ive been doin it for 25 yrs cant stop now. I will leave that to the youngnz.
January 2, 2008 @ 11:17 AM
tommyroks

nah i dont match..i mix things up.
January 2, 2008 @ 03:42 PM
True_Tech

i wear complementary colors these days google the color wheel you'll see what i'm talking about violet next to blue so they go together well blue next to green etc etc
January 2, 2008 @ 03:43 PM
Kabuki_Kai

nope

wearing brown gucci boots today
some indigo colored paul smith red ear jeans
and a black and brown shirt lol

really dont care about matching anymore.

Matching ur tees with ur sneakers, fitted and jeans r for those rap music gangsta video wannabes. But matching isnt all that bad when u r going for a vintage look
January 2, 2008 @ 04:00 PM

Inactive

unless its cross colors its not cool to look like a soho hatted faggot.

anyway

i like the red/purple combo so i usually hit that up.

cosign...you dont have to match, but thats not to say take it to some next level shit like those assholes

i very rarely try to match perfect anymore because i think a little variation makes certain aspects of an outfit pop more
January 2, 2008 @ 04:23 PM
modernART

i just go out naked. YA DIIIIIIIG. AY BAY BAY. yooooououuuuu
January 3, 2008 @ 12:19 PM
Pazo

A lot of people dont know how to match at all. Im all for not wearing matching top and shoes, but you have to wear the right colors. Not looking like a bozo.
January 3, 2008 @ 12:47 PM
SpamBurger

ok...
so i have a question...
i got some creative recreation dicoco's...they are gray and have a purple bottom...

www.karmaloop.com/products.asp?ProductID=25541&VendorCode=CRE

i bought an LRG jacket that is gray/purple/teal/white it's called "The Powder Moves"

www.karmaloop.com/products.asp?ProductID=25035&VendorCode=LRG

i have an LRG t-shirt that is purple that i want to wear under the jacket but you'd really only see the bottom of the shirt and the part around the neck...

then i bought a suns hat that is gray and purple...i don't really like the hat at all and i think it's toooo much so i'll probably just wear an all white new era with it...

this is okay or will it look stupid?? I am just getting into the fashion thing...i usually am just into the sneakers...sneaker head since the 3rd grade 1988 smile
January 3, 2008 @ 08:24 PM
Liquid

idk guess im old skool lol...i cant leave the house w.o my top matching my kicks...not that not matching cant be pulled off well, its just not for me It makes me feel akward

Richard Cumming: word if your dick aint wet 24/7 you’re a simp. if theres no pussy around bess b’lee dat i got my dick in a glass of water

Please login first to reply.