July 18, 2014 @ 05:06 PM
streetwearmarketplace

Hi!

We've just set up a marketplace: www.streetwearmarketplace.com which is a platform to showcase and make it easy for people to access independent streetwear in one place. With the ability for people to purchase directly off fresh new brands, all the way up to more established brands.

There are no sign up costs, or "boutique" charges, just a flat rate 10% commission charge.

If you run a brand why not sign up and list an item to try it out? It's free to list and you can see if you like it at no risk. Head to www.streetwearmarketplace.com and click "start selling" to sign up. 

Please get in touch with any questions or suggestions!

Kind regards,

The Streetwear Marketplace team smile

www.streetwearmarketplace.com
July 19, 2014 @ 04:16 AM
cmpndist

streetwear is dead
July 19, 2014 @ 05:24 AM
Tathenz

TUMBLR: www.tathens.tumblr.com

July 19, 2014 @ 05:38 AM
2Dirteee

streetwear is dead
or you just can't dress?

2^SAVAGE

July 20, 2014 @ 07:37 PM
lstplcwnr

website is unnecessarily long lol

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

July 20, 2014 @ 07:56 PM
ttaM

Yea. The apparel co in the website is pretty unnecessary.
July 20, 2014 @ 09:45 PM
jbumbum

This shit has done it for me... Never coming back to this thread again
July 21, 2014 @ 02:56 AM
Ilya Kruchinin

Hi everyone!

Me and my friends have created an ideal hard
shellaptop backpack and are promoting it on indiegogo now. We called it
Rockpepper, because it Rocks! It is different from other hardshell backpacks:
special messenger style belt with a pocket for the phone and special plastic
surface which is highly resistant towards scratching. Inside it is all padded
to protect your laptop from almost any impact.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rockpepper-laptop-bag
Pls come and check and share you
thoughts about it.
July 22, 2014 @ 02:22 AM
Black Adam

New brand I started as a project with some friends. Feedback is welcome. I'd like some help arranging and setting up my site to look more appealing. 
http://www.remainholyclothing.com/
July 22, 2014 @ 03:09 AM
creamscheme

New brand I started as a project with some friends. Feedback is welcome. I'd like some help arranging and setting up my site to look more appealing. 
Not sure what angle you're approaching the brand from, but the name lends itself to interesting visuals. Would recommend ditching the purple though - tough on the eyes.

CREAM SCHEME | www.creamscheme.com / www.facebook.com/creamscheme / www.twitter.com/creamscheme

July 22, 2014 @ 04:35 AM
TrainwreckersClub

Starting a new brand called Strive to Live
thoughts on the logo?

July 22, 2014 @ 08:19 AM
nateandstuff1

[postdeleted]
July 22, 2014 @ 07:18 PM
OndulPointe

thoughts on the logo?

Honestly, its too simple. The psychology of logos is that it has to be intriguing. I too am just a startup but what I can put down money for is that nobody wants another text brand. Even Nike is moving away from having "nike" written on everything by having the checkmark symbol on everything. Same with Obey, then again theyve always used their "Andre the Giant" logo. Its not until you get "up there" that you can start using just words because you already have the loyalty and the fan base. I actually just came back from a business meeting with some mentors and one of the things that they stressed is identity. You really have to bring something new to the table, something thats never been done before. As long as you feel that you know you have an amazing item, it comes down to basically this: prove it. How is it amazing? How/why is it unique? You need cold hard facts and statistics. 

Above all else, this sounds more like a slogan then a brand name. Thats just me. You have brands like "Raised by Wolves" and "RVCA" that made it because it basically comes down to it sounds cool. Strive to Live sounds like a band too and its really bland. If you can spice it up a bit, keep it short, one word, heck you can even make up a word. You can make whatever name you want but, again, it comes down to this: do you have an amazing product thats not just another clothing brand? And whatever you might think up of remember, all our ideas always come from something that already exists.
July 22, 2014 @ 07:24 PM
OndulPointe

I don't get a sense of direction or what you guys are about. All you have a shirt and a jacket, which is no problem but just reminds me a lot of Pokemon. The name is great, no lie. It sounds like "True Religion" which is an amazing brand in itself because of the way it markets itself. Unless you give some clarity as to what your brand is about, Remain Holy just sounds like a preaching division of a church that everyone avoids like school in the summatime.
July 22, 2014 @ 07:36 PM
Black Adam

Not sure what angle you're approaching the brand from, but the name lends itself to interesting visuals. Would recommend ditching the purple though - tough on the eyes.
I don't get a sense of direction or what you guys are about. All you have a shirt and a jacket, which is no problem but just reminds me a lot of Pokemon. The name is great, no lie. It sounds like "True Religion" which is an amazing brand in itself because of the way it markets itself. Unless you give some clarity as to what your brand is about, Remain Holy just sounds like a preaching division of a church that everyone avoids like school in the summatime.
Thanks for the replies. Can you guys give me an idea on what I should do to make it better?
July 22, 2014 @ 10:10 PM
son of autumn

Damn.

Everyone has a clothing brand......

razz

Brand: Profound Aesthetic www.profoundco.com My IG: @nabilzaidi

July 22, 2014 @ 11:24 PM
TrainwreckersClub

thoughts on the logo?

Honestly, its too simple. The psychology of logos is that it has to be intriguing. I too am just a startup but what I can put down money for is that nobody wants another text brand. Even Nike is moving away from having "nike" written on everything by having the checkmark symbol on everything. Same with Obey, then again theyve always used their "Andre the Giant" logo. Its not until you get "up there" that you can start using just words because you already have the loyalty and the fan base. I actually just came back from a business meeting with some mentors and one of the things that they stressed is identity. You really have to bring something new to the table, something thats never been done before. As long as you feel that you know you have an amazing item, it comes down to basically this: prove it. How is it amazing? How/why is it unique? You need cold hard facts and statistics. 

Above all else, this sounds more like a slogan then a brand name. Thats just me. You have brands like "Raised by Wolves" and "RVCA" that made it because it basically comes down to it sounds cool. Strive to Live sounds like a band too and its really bland. If you can spice it up a bit, keep it short, one word, heck you can even make up a word. You can make whatever name you want but, again, it comes down to this: do you have an amazing product thats not just another clothing brand? And whatever you might think up of remember, all our ideas always come from something that already exists.
To me it is selling an idea/ concept that people relate to. With just just reading it, you know what the brand is about and that's what strikes people. Short and simple but has meaning. There's no need to explain to much and to me that is what is important. And with that idea there is more meaning behind a brand than just a name that I don't know the meaning of. And thats what I am aiming to do with this. Also, what you are saying doesn't make sense to me with starting out with just a symbol. If you are truly a designer and understand branding, brands such as nike or even starbucks didn't just start out with just a symbol. The reason nike is able to pull their name out of everything is because their logo has already been iconic and people know who they are. No brand can start out with just having a symbol and not having a written name attached to their logo. That is not how it works. And your mentors are right, identity is everything in a brand and that is seen through products and collateral pieces that you create. it becomes a personality and what will make your brand differentiate from others. Brand and Identity have a different meaning. Identity is the back bone and it is a foundation of a brand.
July 23, 2014 @ 01:50 AM
Get It How You Live

July 23, 2014 @ 08:19 AM
Black Adam

Way too much stuff going on on the tee.
July 23, 2014 @ 10:43 AM
blueberryjames

I Cannabis F Reverse Florida Anarchy

your girlfriend's vagina smells like bumble bee tuna

July 23, 2014 @ 11:10 AM
JcksCrwn

W: www.jckscrwn.com IN: instagram.com/jckscrwn FB: facebook.com/jckscrwn TW: @jckscrwn

July 23, 2014 @ 09:08 PM
AndyRocksBluu

Hey Everyone, 
A few weeks ago I dropped some fishing lure bucket hats and now I'm back with part 2 of my "Gone Fishing Collection" Let me know what you think. Im currently putting the final touches on the look book. I also put out a new website. 

http://shop.bluudreams.com/

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

July 23, 2014 @ 11:48 PM
WFactor

You're just starting out, but there's nothing that sticks out about this brand.

The website doesn't leave any impression, the typography for the tee isn't memorable.

As for the other two products that aren't out yet, the photoshopped logo on the jacket is super unprofessional.

www.instagram.com/WinterLotusLA

July 24, 2014 @ 02:29 AM
mrdaleog

I'm actually in the process of ending my brand after 3 1/2 years, and I haven't been in here for a LONG time, so I thought "why not see what's going on and post something?"

Heartbeat Lace Hoodie

Heartbeat Cardigan

'On The Move' nylon packable jacket in its packed position

Most of these items I have in stock/to order at www.LiveLoveURBAN.com . The design is repetitive (I know) only because it's my signature design/look and thought it would be good to part out with something familiar in styles that I never released. 

Much love to those of you starting a brand. It's hard fuckin work, but worth it if you do it right!

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

July 24, 2014 @ 02:56 AM
Black Adam

You're just starting out, but there's nothing that sticks out about this brand.

The website doesn't leave any impression, the typography for the tee isn't memorable.

As for the other two products that aren't out yet, the photoshopped logo on the jacket is super unprofessional.
I didn't photoshop the logo on the windbreaker. It was a screen shot of a jacket from a website. When I have the time, I am going to delete it because I agree with you 100% Any other suggestions?
July 24, 2014 @ 09:13 AM
HeatForDays

I'm actually in the process of ending my brand after 3 1/2 years, and I haven't been in here for a LONG time, so I thought "why not see what's going on and post something?"

Heartbeat Lace Hoodie

Heartbeat Cardigan

Most of these items I have in stock/to order at www.LiveLoveURBAN.com . The design is repetitive (I know) only because it's my signature design/look and thought it would be good to part out with something familiar in styles that I never released. 

Much love to those of you starting a brand. It's hard fuckin work, but worth it if you do it right!
Awwww loved the hell outta the Heartbeat lace hoodie, had $21 sitting on Paypal and was like "hell yeah gotta have this" - start entering shipment info and bam $6 for shipping.

Can't grab it now, but wouldve been sick and copped if shipping was free. Any way you can make that happen? 
July 24, 2014 @ 01:49 PM
justinsos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTh-IHOzWCU&list=UUAlZ2i91QCv7N0cHjtux7dA

Just made my first lookbook video alone. It's nothing spectacular but was fun to play around with. 

www.sinkorswimbrand.com just released some more summer stuff too

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

July 24, 2014 @ 04:23 PM
justinsos

Some mildy good looking product shots would be a start lol. I hate how the one shows the design but not on the garment.

July 24, 2014 @ 04:25 PM
justinsos

Heartbeat Lace Hoodie

Heartbeat Cardigan

I like the product shots on the hangar and white wall. They look much better then the new ones. Plus you have feet in one of your shots lol. Try to stay somewhat consitent. 

July 24, 2014 @ 06:55 PM
OndulPointe

Heartbeat Lace Hoodie

Heartbeat Cardigan

I don't know why but for some reason I really like this. I can't explain it but I think its the logo/name. Its so simple yet genius. I really like the lace hoodie, for some reason it correlates really nicely with the logo. I think (just my .02) I would like to see the logo colored in with the red, stands out even more. My biggest problem at the moment is this: the website. You have two portals (technically). The first one with the EKG monitor really gave life to whats behind the curtain. What really killed it for me was that I had to click one other page to get to the shop, as I am used to seeing (and using) portal sites only once. I didnt even bother clicking the video after seeing that it is 35 minutes. Other than that, I like it!

Please login first to reply.