FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
September 12, 2012 @ 12:13 AM
stillwild

@stillwild I call you a kid because that is exactly what you act like by going on this ridiculous rant. Honestly all you are doing is making enemies and really just making yourself look extremely immature. You could argue with everyone all day about how their brand is "about" nothing. Most of us have a reason why we make clothing, many of us different reasons, but in the end TO EACH THEIR OWN. All I ever hear from you is shit talking other peoples brands when you don't have much to show for yourself. It's a small world homie, don't dig yourself a grave before you've even started.

Time to move along.

You might (think I) need this thread to survive, I don't.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

mrdaleog

"kitchen sink trap" -- I feel you on this, and I actually did worry about this when I was in the process of rebranding. I had a much smaller niche and was doing well, but thought I could appeal to more. Im in the process of releasing my first product from this line, so we'll see how this goes.

My 'about' is whats real to me. im 20 years old, and since the 6th grade Ive been drawing/designing/hand making/dreaming constantly about clothes. People liked my designs and creations, I liked it as well, but I never took a step to actually producing the designs I constantly drew and dreamed about.
Majority of my middle and high school years was spent trying to impress girls that I cant seem to fathom why I found attractive and guys that are telling me they hated their lives in HS...all that time i was wasting time trying to be somebody I wasnt.
I graduated HS in 2010, had the ROUGHEST summer of my life, and within a couple days of starting college, I said FUCK THIS SHIT and took a step to do what Ive always been dreaming about...owning my own clothing brand. Took the just short of 3k i had saved up for a car and started my brand. To this day I still have no car...but to this day, its on of the greatest things I've ever done.
Ive made mistakes, ive gotten caught up in the lime light and the attention that it brings, ive spent money just because I had it like that...but Im growing yano? Im re-focused and on track. Im about this life.

That right there....is my about....on a personal level. Being a living example to people that you CAN do what you dream about doing. Fuck what other people say, because most of the time theyre jealous of you or lack the inspiration, motivation, and creativity to do he same thing.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

karakter1

some consumers like to feel like part of a movement...and want to support

some consumers like to purchase what they believe looks good.

if you have the luxury of being near a streetwear store that gets alot of foot traffic and carries alot of brands.....you can stand around for a while...you will see some customers come in asking for particular brands or pieces....and some come in, look around and buy things that they think looks good.

it is very difficult to get people to buy into your movement, your brand, your lifestyle.......without first having good product.
September 12, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
mrdaleog

@stillwild While I dont agree with everything you said, I can respect the honest feedback you're giving and on what topic you're giving it on.

I'd like to put myself on anyones chopping block and ask you guys, specifically StillWild, to critique my 'about' page or website for that matter.

Link

i read that joint.....i guess it will do...then again...i read benny golds joint, and that joint is pretty corny too, but i like his designs, so he could have wrote anything and it wouldn't make me like his designs any more or less.

Respected and appreciated feedback.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

September 12, 2012 @ 12:16 AM
stillwild

"kitchen sink trap" -- I feel you on this, and I actually did worry about this when I was in the process of rebranding. I had a much smaller niche and was doing well, but thought I could appeal to more. Im in the process of releasing my first product from this line, so we'll see how this goes.

My 'about' is whats real to me. im 20 years old, and since the 6th grade Ive been drawing/designing/hand making/dreaming constantly about clothes. People liked my designs and creations, I liked it as well, but I never took a step to actually producing the designs I constantly drew and dreamed about.
Majority of my middle and high school years was spent trying to impress girls that I cant seem to fathom why I found attractive and guys that are telling me they hated their lives in HS...all that time i was wasting time trying to be somebody I wasnt.
I graduated HS in 2010, had the ROUGHEST summer of my life, and within a couple days of starting college, I said FUCK THIS SHIT and took a step to do what Ive always been dreaming about...owning my own clothing brand. Took the just short of 3k i had saved up for a car and started my brand. To this day I still have no car...but to this day, its on of the greatest things I've ever done.
Ive made mistakes, ive gotten caught up in the lime light and the attention that it brings, ive spent money just because I had it like that...but Im growing yano? Im re-focused and on track. Im about this life.

That right there....is my about....on a personal level. Being a living example to people that you CAN do what you dream about doing. Fuck what other people say, because most of the time theyre jealous of you or lack the inspiration, motivation, and creativity to the same thing.

Respect.
As far as I'm concerned, you're living the dream.

I can relate to a lot your HS experiences too man, I've been there.

September 12, 2012 @ 12:23 AM
lightworks1crew

Someone wanna tear this apart? Please

THE NAME OF THE GAME / www.lightworksclothing.com

September 12, 2012 @ 12:34 AM
Laurence of Arabia

The proportion looks a bit off ?
September 12, 2012 @ 12:35 AM
Laurence of Arabia

* I know its a cartoon in the first place, but its just a tiny bit off, the idea is cool though
September 12, 2012 @ 12:44 AM
lightworks1crew

@pirasy I know what you mean man. It's still in the construction phase

THE NAME OF THE GAME / www.lightworksclothing.com

September 12, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
Laurence of Arabia

I can see, I'm sure the final product'll be great man the ideas cool, make the jaw a bit bigger and push the eye up a tiny bit aiming towards the top right
September 12, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
Laurence of Arabia

@lightworks1crew
September 12, 2012 @ 12:57 AM
bradenjust

What do you guys think of the name BTRSTK or Butterstickinc. for a clothing line?

Follow me on instagram @bradenjust MM White size XL for sale.

September 12, 2012 @ 01:01 AM
leoncloud

What do you guys think of the name BTRSTK or Butterstickinc. for a clothing line?

i personally think the whole letters spelling a word like btrstk isnt original.
for designs, it can be an acception

Leon Cloud. phoclouds.tumblr.com

September 12, 2012 @ 01:14 AM
al dente co.

WHOEVER PAYS THAT "STILLWILD" ASSHOLE ANY ATTENTION IS STOOPING DOWN TO HIS LEVEL. IGNORE THE KID AND LET'S GET BACK TO WHAT WE ALL CAME TO THIS THREAD FOR.

THIS NAPOLEON SYNDROME INSECURE IGNORANT EXCUSE FOR A CHILD IS FUCKING UP THE FORUM FOR US.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 12, 2012 @ 01:16 AM
al dente co.

THE EDGES NEED TO BE SHARPENED UP. ADD SOME DETAIL TO THE EAR, MORE OF A SKULL EYE AND I'D CHANGE THE BONE IN HER HAIR TO WHITE (THE SAME COLOR AS THE SKULL).

I'M A SUCKER FOR SKULLS SO I'M DIGGIN IT.

ALSO ADD SOME GREY STREAKS TO GIVE HER HAIR SOME TEXTURE AND LAYERS.

September 12, 2012 @ 01:19 AM
al dente co.

I READ THIS TODAY AS A MATTER OF FACT....

THIS IS HELPFUL FOR YOU AND ANYONE ELSE STARTING A BRAND...

ALSO COMPLEX HAD SOMETHING UP ABOUT STARTING A BRAND BUT I COULDNT FIND IT.

IN MY OPINION, TAKING THE VOWELS OUT OF WORDS SUCKS AND IS PLAYED IT. IT WAS COOL AT ONE POINT BUT WHEN STARTING A BRAND DO YOU WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING TRENDY OR DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A CLASSIC.

MY OPINION THOUGH.

September 12, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
ricosway

WHOEVER PAYS THAT "STILLWILD" ASSHOLE ANY ATTENTION IS STOOPING DOWN TO HIS LEVEL. IGNORE THE KID AND LET'S GET BACK TO WHAT WE ALL CAME TO THIS THREAD FOR.

THIS NAPOLEON SYNDROME INSECURE IGNORANT EXCUSE FOR A CHILD IS FUCKING UP THE FORUM FOR US.

It's already been done fam, after taking a look at his website I felt bad for him lol.
September 12, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
al dente co.

It's already been done fam, after taking a look at his website I felt bad for him lol.

HAHA... YO, CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS BTW.

I STARTED OFF DOING SHIT WITH SNEAKERS BUT I'M NOT A FAN OF BASKETBALL SHOES (LOVE CLASSIC RUNNERS) SO I STOPPED CATERING TO THE SNEAKER DROPS....

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO WE DID A WHILE BACK...

http://vimeo.com/17072063

September 12, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
ricosway

I'd go with Butterstickinc but use BTRSTK for promotional tee's, a second domain for your website, etc...

Our brand name is Sole Individual but we use SNDVL for the uses above.

Good luck on your brand homie!
September 12, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
bradenjust

I'd go with Butterstickinc but use BTRSTK for promotional tee's, a second domain for your website, etc...

Our brand name is Sole Individual but we use SNDVL for the uses above.

Good luck on your brand homie!

thanks dude. I have had this brand for over two years but it just always get ripped on by kids who turn it into perverted saying and thats really the only reason i am thinking about changing it.

Im thinking about changing it to JUST.FUN brand. What do you think about that name vs the Butterstickinc.

Follow me on instagram @bradenjust MM White size XL for sale.

September 12, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
awhitehippy

Everyone wants to be a trendsetter with a movement, but no one wants to start a trend.
The premise of a good and successful, but even more sustainable business -- an idea that hasn't already been done.
To fill a need.

Half of these brands on this thread?

Half-baked. If you wanna do it for just the money that's cool. But don't expect any longevity as long as you look EXACTLY other brands -- the only thing separating you then, price.

I can't express how annoyed I am, EVERYTIME I read a brand's about.

"BLAH, we want to start a movement" (well what is itconfused

"Our movement is..." (enter FIFTY different, UNRELATED subjects, in an attempt to capture A HUGE MARKET THAT YOU ULTIMATELY CANNOT SERVE WELL, imagine if McDonalds tried to serve gourmet cuisine alongside a Mcwhopper. Exactly).

Stop calling your shit a lifestyle, if your answer to WHAT IS YOUR LIFESTYLE is, any form or variation of this.

That's not a lifestyle.

word up. there's really no originality in brands now a days. upcoming brands taking the supreme box logo and changing the text to their brand name, talking about how "their different" but really not. ripping off designs from others, and all this other stuff. brands are following trends and doing what others do, which isn't part of being successful. yea you'll probably sell out in clothes, but really you're just selling out. cause what's a brand with no originality?

x

September 12, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
ricosway

HAHA... YO, CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS BTW.

I STARTED OFF DOING SHIT WITH SNEAKERS BUT I'M NOT A FAN OF BASKETBALL SHOES (LOVE CLASSIC RUNNERS) SO I STOPPED CATERING TO THE SNEAKER DROPS....

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO WE DID A WHILE BACK...

http://vimeo.com/17072063

Thanks fam

ill visual from the model to music, definitely inspirational and gave me a few marketing ideas.

I feel you on the catering to sneaker drops, I'm going to continue to stay in this lane but do things different than before. At first I was doing drops for one particular sneaker so you know a t-shirt would sell for that particular moment while the hype for the sneaker is there and then sales will dwindle so now I'm staying in the sneaker lane but I'm doing universal shirts that you can rock with multiple sneakers rather than one and it'll give me the option to sell it throughout the season.

It's a lot to learn in the fashion business, I'm all ears homie. Definitely feeling the brand g.
September 12, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
stillwild

Everyone wants to be a trendsetter with a movement, but no one wants to start a trend.
The premise of a good and successful, but even more sustainable business -- an idea that hasn't already been done.
To fill a need.

Half of these brands on this thread?

Half-baked. If you wanna do it for just the money that's cool. But don't expect any longevity as long as you look EXACTLY other brands -- the only thing separating you then, price.

I can't express how annoyed I am, EVERYTIME I read a brand's about.

"BLAH, we want to start a movement" (well what is itconfused

"Our movement is..." (enter FIFTY different, UNRELATED subjects, in an attempt to capture A HUGE MARKET THAT YOU ULTIMATELY CANNOT SERVE WELL, imagine if McDonalds tried to serve gourmet cuisine alongside a Mcwhopper. Exactly).

Stop calling your shit a lifestyle, if your answer to WHAT IS YOUR LIFESTYLE is, any form or variation of this.

That's not a lifestyle.

brands are following trends and doing what others do, which isn't part of being successful. yea you'll probably sell out in clothes, but really you're just selling out. cause what's a brand with no originality?
\

my thoughts exactly.
streetwear was started to be SUBVERSIVE to pop-culture, it was a culture all its own.
in fact to some purists, I'm sure if you EVEN LOOK LIKE MOST BRANDS, or are about trying to mainstream,
you've already failed.

September 12, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
stillwild

@aldenteco

really?
after all that, and then the lull of non-talking?
you decide to start posting again?
and it's equally ignorant.

this all started because you can't take constructive criticism.

I can't believe anyone in this thread has the nerve to call me immature and question my morals.

"brands are following trends and doing what others do, which isn't part of being successful. yea you'll probably sell out in clothes, but really you're just selling out. cause what's a brand with no originality?"

I pray you listen to this "kid".

I pray you step up your game, and you as well @ricosway.

When I drop my shit, I hope you're both willing to admit -- I'm Kobe and you're Linsanity, that shit don't last.

September 12, 2012 @ 01:46 AM
rare01

-Conclusion

Sure, You can call my brand whatever you want. lol
And no you don't need to describe yourself. Your work exceeds you g-whiz. I am sure the world sees what you are capable of too

Good luck with your rebranding. I am sure the concepts & products would be sooo mind blowing and you'll totally dominate here ( or anywhere ) comparing to everyone else's shitty unthoughtful brands

Think you should create a new thread on brands you're hating on since you are so literate at it. hahaha

Over & out
@stillwild

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1
September 12, 2012 @ 01:51 AM
stillwild

-Conclusion

Sure, You can call my brand whatever you want. lol
And no you don't need to describe yourself. Your work exceeds you g-whiz. I am sure the world sees what you are capable of too

Good luck with your rebranding. I am sure the concepts & products would be sooo mind blowing and you'll totally dominate here ( or anywhere ) comparing to everyone else's shitty unthoughtful brands

Think you should create a new thread on brands you're hating on since you are so literate at it. hahaha

Over & out
@stillwild

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1

The same as for @ricosway and @aldenteco goes for you too.

Your brand is the same, and I pray you too -- when my shit drops, understand...
junior varsity don't want none of this.

But since my work "proceeds" me, you must already know what to expect hahaha.

September 12, 2012 @ 01:52 AM
wcfrontrvnners

Damn ya'll still arguing?

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

September 12, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
awhitehippy

I've gotten advice from many different successful brand owners, and they tell me many things i should avoid, and do. but one thing that they all say, that they never leave out, is ALWAYS be original. Did Huf become the brand they are today from stealing the box logo from supreme? Did stussy become the brand they are today from stealing the color schemes from obey? I haven't seen a brand who became successful from ripping off others ideas, so what's makes you think stealing other brands ideas will make YOU successful. These brands became successful for being unique and different, stussy for bringing a surfer/skater apparel, supreme for bringing in patterned hats, obey for bringing in street art and protest related issues. And especially johnny cupcakes, they sold their merchandise from suitcases, during shows. i mean how original is that. Originality is key in having a brand. Johnny once said, "If you're original, you'll never have competition."

x

September 12, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
awhitehippy

And these aren't arguments, these are tips for anyone who actually cares.

x

September 12, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
rare01

Damn ya'll still arguing?

Nah nothing to argue about man, dude's gonna drop an atomic bomb of soon. LOL best brand ever : )

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1

Please login first to reply.