Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 16, 2012 @ 08:50 PM
rare01

our instagram @ rare1

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1

first reaction.
what
second reaction.
thought process on your website.
i don't wanna sign up. i took a chance coming here -- it told me nothing in the first space. (i got here through instagram). I like to know what I am looking at. '

I've seen your designs and I don't see a cohesive thread. The skull "the war is over" (passive) and batman "badass" (aggressive).

I wouldn't visit again because there was nothing in that experience that made me want to.

Before you can get people to sign up for your newsletter or care that you're going to launch. You need to create a rich brand experience.

What he said. Also, i think your trying to hype up your brand way to early and youve peaked out. And the "One of a kind" slogan you're rolling with is awfully controversial with the blatant copy of Absolute Vodka's type face.

@gramsongrams

in brief
- Our instagram is a plog that expresses our thought process, inspirations ( just like how your website is posting "random" pictures )
- Not sure why you labeled our "war is over" design as passive. In case you've missed it the whole design reads "War is over if the power of love overcomes the love of power" and I don't think it's a passive message if you understood the meaning behind it.
- We get some of our inspirations from Military themes ( badges, camouflages ) , skull & bones, biker styles, classic movies villains (our brand directions are posted here
- Sucks to lose you & thank you for the criticism

@ryder

- We do understand the heavy resemblance with Absolut Vodka's type face. It's something that we personally enjoy and felt suitable for that particular banner

This is done by well-known and best street wear brands fuct if you wanna discuss about blatant copying

Thanks for the feedback. We are not trying to hype up our brand yet, that will come later once we have all of our graphics ready and site fully operational.

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1
August 16, 2012 @ 09:24 PM
Ishyaboi™

Thought of a logo. Upsidedown bitch lightbulb.

diamonds are forever.

August 16, 2012 @ 10:56 PM
waystoked

Starting our new line WayStoked ... What do you think?? http://waystoked.com
August 16, 2012 @ 11:27 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Question:

Do you as a customer find is excessive or "cluttered" when a online store has a design that they printed on say 2 or 3 different color shirts, if each color shirt has it's own place in the store rather then them all being one listing?

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

August 16, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
chads

Question:

Do you as a customer find is excessive or "cluttered" when a online store has a design that they printed on say 2 or 3 different color shirts, if each color shirt has it's own place in the store rather then them all being one listing?

I like when the colors are a different listing. Unless the company has like 5 pages of just tees then I usually don't think it is excessive. I also think as a start up brand, it can make it appear that you have more product offering than you actually do.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 17, 2012 @ 12:00 AM
Jake Ocean

@rare01 Difference between parodies and copying. That's a parody of the Ford logo, there intentions weren't to rip it off

http://www.distantlight.co

August 17, 2012 @ 12:44 AM
Foreign Society

Limited Drop at 1314 grant av SF CA 94133

ISLAM NATION X Foreign Society.

Please Let me know what you guys think...

Buy Sale & Trade... LIMITED Supply by Foreign Society.

August 17, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
NZOO

Just made a special black edition of my kiluminati tee shirt, still hand screenprinted, what's your thoughts ?

@rawtee Yo pm me details, need dis tee...

Don't badmind me.

August 17, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
wcfrontrvnners

Limited Drop at 1314 grant av SF CA 94133

ISLAM NATION X Foreign Society.

Please Let me know what you guys think...

Bay area also? Do you have the bottom left hoodie in black?

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

August 17, 2012 @ 04:23 AM
thecollective

hi guys. this is slightly off topic but i don't know where else to ask this
for 100% cotton tees, even if you line dry, do they still shrink a little because of the agitation in the washing machine?
August 17, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
simonaintperfect

hi guys. this is slightly off topic but i don't know where else to ask this
for 100% cotton tees, even if you line dry, do they still shrink a little because of the agitation in the washing machine?

A lot of companies I have spoken to pre-wash the tees before sale so if they do shrink it will be a very small amount that most of the time will not be noticeable.
August 17, 2012 @ 06:05 AM
bzrk

Cultive. Believe & Prosper.

Fuck you, Pay me. goonlabel.bigcartel.com

August 17, 2012 @ 06:26 AM
cityofsavages

@qualy88 like the logo.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

August 17, 2012 @ 06:56 AM
cityofsavages

This is pretty long but there are some gems in here especially at the 47 and 55 minute marks.

August 17, 2012 @ 08:09 AM
qrct1

logo flip

I see it and keep thinking Monster Energy Drink.

that was my intent

reminds me of my godzilla lunch box

www.æterna.net/shop

August 17, 2012 @ 08:30 AM
qrct1

initially illuminati and satanic symbols are cool, but i admit they're getting old. i read that these symbols have been really popular for centuries, almost to demonstrate the sort of rebellious camaraderie when we see somebody else wear a brand we're familiar of..

idk i just don't think people out there can officially lay claim to that type of life even if they do end up purchasing the tees and wear them

it just kinda feeds off ancient bad ass cults and really only depends on these symbols to illustrate their brand.

In the end, as a consumer, all I really see is that these founders fail as taste-makers and really can't do anything else besides the goddamn upside down stars, pyramids with the eye, masonic compasses, the a's and v's, and horned demons..
and they really couldn't do their brands without these illustrations of demons and satanism because they can't find any other way to create that shock value in their brand.

idk. there obviously is something innate about wanting to feel badass in a t-shirt for a lot of people, but why are we constantly using these cliched cult symbols to paint the canvas that is our brands?

www.æterna.net/shop

August 17, 2012 @ 08:34 AM
Frank_

Any body have a place for beanies ? All my sources only have 12inch beanies an those are to long
August 17, 2012 @ 12:02 PM
stillwild

In the end, as a consumer, all I really see is that these founders fail as taste-makers and really can't do anything else besides the goddamn upside down stars, pyramids with the eye, masonic compasses, the a's and v's, and horned demons..
and they really couldn't do their brands without these illustrations of demons and satanism because they can't find any other way to create that shock value in their brand.

idk. there obviously is something innate about wanting to feel badass in a t-shirt for a lot of people, but why are we constantly using these cliched cult symbols to paint the canvas that is our brands?

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

August 17, 2012 @ 01:12 PM
casein_point

Whats good HB fam. So I've been in the process of designing and working on my brand. I'm trying not to rush anything before printing shirts because I really want to make sure I pick a name/brand/logo that I can really build a solid base off of. So my question is how did you guys go about selecting your name, logo, and what your brand stands for? Did most of you just have the idea and run with it or did you brainstorm a lot of different names and logos and ask for peoples input?
August 17, 2012 @ 02:34 PM
FRWRD

So, lookbook's been online for a week or two and quite positive reactions this far. Waiting for my labels and patches to come in. Finished the photozine which will be given away for free with the first 25 orders as well. Store should be live around the 25th I hope. Here's a few pictures of the lookbook.

Peep our website to see the full lookbook:
www.LOSTINTHEWORLD.org

Also, would be cool if you guys could like the FB page and follow me on Twitter.
http://www.facebook.com/LITW12
https://twitter.com/LITW12

If anyone wants brand help or opinions you can always email me - davy@lostintheworld.org
August 17, 2012 @ 02:46 PM
casein_point

So, lookbook's been online for a week or two and quite positive reactions this far. Waiting for my labels and patches to come in. Finished the photozine which will be given away for free with the first 25 orders as well. Store should be live around the 25th I hope. Here's a few pictures of the lookbook.

Peep our website to see the full lookbook:
www.LOSTINTHEWORLD.org

Also, would be cool if you guys could like the FB page and follow me on Twitter.
http://www.facebook.com/LITW12
https://twitter.com/LITW12

If anyone wants brand help or opinions you can always email me - davy@lostintheworld.org

seems really plan. the white tee and tie-dye are just a little to blah for me.
August 17, 2012 @ 03:33 PM
Hellah Fresh

Just got a shipment of our snapbacks... what do you guys think? 3D front with the flat stitching on the side. Fully labeled under.

August 17, 2012 @ 03:40 PM
Hellah Fresh

Does anyone here pay for another screen just for their large Tees? Cause so far I've only printed small-large with one screen but it bugs me how the large shirt looks so big compared to the design and I feel that it really takes away from the look. Thanks!

This is a real life situation for me as well.
But I just go with it. You can opt to make the screen 2" bigger for 2xl and up but of course you'll have to pay an extra screen charge. It's up to you. If you don't have many people who ask for your brand who wear larger then a 2xl or 3xl don't worry about it. Once you get larger and have more income to cater to this buyers then do it.
Just focus on building your core buyer first before you cater because custom stuff gets very expensive if you are not doing your own silk screening in house.

I been wondering about this too. I always thought that most companies use1 print size to all tshirt sizes. I for some reason just started noticing this not too long ago when i was looking at a Diamond Supply print. I realized that they do go smaller on the smaller sizes and bigger on the big sizes. But what i have been doing is maxing out my print to be 14.5" - 15" wide and how ever long the designs is. On my smalls and mediums the print looks big but it doesnt really look all that bad. Sooner or later im going to have to do 2 sizes.
August 17, 2012 @ 05:12 PM
thecollective

Just got a shipment of our snapbacks... what do you guys think? 3D front with the flat stitching on the side. Fully labeled under.

dopeeee
looks clean
would cop if i wore hats
August 17, 2012 @ 05:50 PM
Black Dave

dopeeee
looks clean
would cop if i wore hats

Literally everything that dude said. Any other colorways or just that?
August 17, 2012 @ 06:13 PM
casein_point

i think this is dope but the company looks off axis a bit (more space between the "any" under bad news than the "com". its definately a fly hat though. nice work.
August 17, 2012 @ 07:04 PM
Hellah Fresh

Thanks for the feedback guys! Sofar only white but in 1 month we should have black also. Gotta stay in our financial lane man haha. Oh as for the wording on the hat... i think i picked out the wrong hat to take a product picture of. I kinda realized that the stitching maybe off but then again i think it might be the bend of the front. Hopefully ican get my site up and running within a week or so.
August 17, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
cityofsavages

@hellah-fresh very nice

August 18, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
bigsteeg

whats good yall decided I come in and share my clothing company with yall and post one of the upcoming designs I have on the way. I just started up a year ago still trying to really get going but checkout the store and let me know what you think Link

follow on twitter @JustForKings

August 18, 2012 @ 01:45 AM
ELAYAPPAREL

ELAY APPAREL
SAVING PRIVATE PAC TEE

would u rock it?
www.elayapparel.bigcartel.com

Please login first to reply.