September 3, 2007 @ 03:07 PM
corkscrewed

Check this out....when companies make shirts with characters/famous people on them, do they have to get licencing rights, or do they just say f**k it? Like Diamond Supply Co. x Mighty Healthy "don't be a rat" w/ Mighty Mouse, or Diamond Supply Co " Diamond Life" w/Sade shirts. isn't that grounds for a lawsuits? or do they stay under the radar by selling in limited quantities?
September 3, 2007 @ 03:09 PM
UKingdom

i think if you're a small company no one really cares, it flies under the radar. but one it gets big, that's a different story. i heard that's what happened with the mighty mouse tee.
September 3, 2007 @ 03:13 PM
skivic35

nick can shine in on the mighty healthy collab cause they got in trouble for that shirt
September 3, 2007 @ 03:16 PM
The24th

they also got in trouble for the misfits shirt diamondxcollabo they had to stop making them. once a shirt gets soo much attention people start to notice and thats when they step in.
September 3, 2007 @ 04:01 PM
Diamond

We are facing lawsuits for 3 shirts, which in fact one of the parties
suing us is doing thier best to try to put us out of business for degrading their rock group and marketing our shirt towards what they state as Hip Hop street Culture.

I don't think they like people of color or kids with nikes and hats on crooked wearing a shirt that resembles their logo on it. I guess they think it makes them look bad.

We will not be doing anymore parody's unless it is in very small
quantity for our store. Some of them might end up on our online shop.... but also in very small quantity.

Parody's are fun to make but we will not be distributing them to any of
our accounts due to legal issues.
September 3, 2007 @ 05:54 PM
norcalstarz

wow. america = lawsuit happy
September 3, 2007 @ 05:58 PM
Meat Bun Mike

Wow. That sucks. I'm pretty sure I know what band you're referring to, which is a real drag, because that was always one of my favorite Diamond pieces.

I know you probably can't get into fine details, but are they seeking damages? Did they give you guys C&D letters beforehand or just slap you with something?

Just concerned for something I'm working on personally, but largely interested in learning how that game plays out..
September 3, 2007 @ 05:59 PM
Meat Bun Mike

Oh yeah, anyone know what's up with the Flying Coffin Danzig licensing flap? I remember hearing about something FC was working on, unsurprisingly shut down by Danzig. Could be just rumor, though.

Please login first to reply.