June 20, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
Scotty

My advice is don't hem. APC, especially the NS, is cut in such a way that the style welcomes quite a bit of stacking. I'm 5'9, and the 34" inseam is perfect.

Well that would be determined by a certain height and leg length.. Also some people don't like stacking, some people like a more fitted look and APC look good as well fitted...
June 20, 2011 @ 04:19 PM
Diedforoursins

Well that would be determined by a certain height and leg length.. Also some people don't like stacking, some people like a more fitted look and APC look good as well fitted...

You're right, and certainly I'm assuming he's of an average height. I'll stand by my advice until he make it known he's taller.
June 20, 2011 @ 05:57 PM
erockisalive

Here's a couple pics of my NS. Had them for about a year and 3 months. 1 hot soak, 2 washes.

June 21, 2011 @ 12:03 AM
mike3519

You're right, and certainly I'm assuming he's of an average height. I'll stand by my advice until he make it known he's taller.

lol... im 5'11" 175 pounds. Medium built! Waist 32. Around a 31 inseam... and not a big fan of heavy stacking. So i was thinking that i would get it hemmed an inch and a half so there'd be a lil stacking too
June 21, 2011 @ 08:06 AM
Diedforoursins

lol... im 5'11" 175 pounds. Medium built! Waist 32. Around a 31 inseam... and not a big fan of heavy stacking. So i was thinking that i would get it hemmed an inch and a half so there'd be a lil stacking too

Hem away! Although I will say this - with hemming, less is more.

I say this because with an old pair of Nudie's, I had my heart set on getting them hemmed by an inch and a half, and upon arrival at the tailors, when he held the tape measure up to them, in the moment, I decided an inch and a half looked such a tiny amount, and went for two and a half instead. Big mistake.
June 21, 2011 @ 06:54 PM
Fndirtygreaser

Here's a couple pics of my NS. Had them for about a year and 3 months. 1 hot soak, 2 washes.

Those are nice. Hope to get that going on my NS soon here
June 21, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
Fndirtygreaser

Lagsinner. They will stretch. And once they do you will be wanting them to shrink some. Lol pain is beauty !
June 21, 2011 @ 07:26 PM
Scotty

Hem away! Although I will say this - with hemming, less is more.

I say this because with an old pair of Nudie's, I had my heart set on getting them hemmed by an inch and a half, and upon arrival at the tailors, when he held the tape measure up to them, in the moment, I decided an inch and a half looked such a tiny amount, and went for two and a half instead. Big mistake.

Why wouldnt u have just tried them on before hand? And never go into a tailor just saying i want a certain amount off unless u know exactly the measurements.. Thats what a tailor is for, they underroll the pant little by little and u tell them where is good.. Then he hems, u try em on and if they are still to long then do it again.. Also if people are hemming, have the bring the leg opening back to its original measurement if it became wider cause of the hem...
June 22, 2011 @ 01:02 AM
yungmf

suspended

Just want to clarify before i go grab my first pair of NS

if i want a fitted, not skinny fit, then i size down 2 from my waist, and go normal length?
June 22, 2011 @ 02:29 AM
lagsinner

Well you don't have a choice on length, but yeah size down 2 from waist is good.
June 22, 2011 @ 11:02 PM
LMAOden

Well you don't have a choice on length, but yeah size down 2 from waist is good.

Wait since APC's and most jeans don't have lengths, what happens if they're too long?
Sorry I'm a big noob at jeans lol.

And I was at Barney's earlier, are N&F jeans better then APC's? Cause these guys were offering them to me haha.
June 23, 2011 @ 02:51 AM
Spankbank

Just want to clarify before i go grab my first pair of NS

if i want a fitted, not skinny fit, then i size down 2 from my waist, and go normal length?

If you want a fitted, go down 1 size. Skinny would be sizing down 2.

Wait since APC's and most jeans don't have lengths, what happens if they're too long?

And I was at Barney's earlier, are N&F jeans better then APC's? Cause these guys were offering them to me haha.

If its too long you go to a tailor to get it hemmed. duh! Haha, I wouldn't really say N&F are better than APCs, then again I never had a pair of N&F. Its ultimately up to a person's preference, like some people think unbrandeds are better than APCs, etc.
June 23, 2011 @ 03:43 AM
mike3519

N&F are generally heavier than APC and dont stretch that much. Plus a lil cheaper too. But APC's fade better imo!! I have both btw... I like APC better.
June 23, 2011 @ 09:30 AM
Fndirtygreaser

I like my N&F better than my APC. due to the fact that my nakeds have barely stretched
(fiting nice and slim) and my APC have stretched to a bit more looser fit. That's my experience with those 2
June 23, 2011 @ 12:35 PM
Eugen Eugen

If you want a fitted, go down 1 size. Skinny would be sizing down 2.

If its too long you go to a tailor to get it hemmed. duh! Haha, I wouldn't really say N&F are better than APCs, then again I never had a pair of N&F. Its ultimately up to a person's preference, like some people think unbrandeds are better than APCs, etc.

haha you can go down 3 in ns and i will not be skinny after stretch.
mine are to big down 3 , fit like straight jeans.
June 23, 2011 @ 02:40 PM
himynameisblank

cuff them or wear low tops hemming to a 32 wouldn't be that bad, but why waste your money?

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/164188 Elephants $100 Shipped http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/162862/? topic_page=1#post-329240

June 23, 2011 @ 03:04 PM
Diedforoursins

From the pictures, you should get them hemmed by 2 inches, MAYBE 2 1/2. No more.
June 23, 2011 @ 03:51 PM
LMAOden

Like I said, I'm a big noob at jeans and stuff lol.
What does stacking mean? And is it preferred to do it?

And also, in my area, they don't have that much APC's around, so should I just buy it online? Cause I never bought jeans online before cause I always had to try em on.

Thanks HB fam.
June 23, 2011 @ 04:50 PM
erockisalive

Like I said, I'm a big noob at jeans and stuff lol.
What does stacking mean? And is it preferred to do it?

And also, in my area, they don't have that much APC's around, so should I just buy it online? Cause I never bought jeans online before cause I always had to try em on.

Thanks HB fam.

Stacking is the way your jeans bunch up around your shoes. Some people love a ton of stacking, some people (myself included) prefer just a little bit, and some people cuff their jeans so that there is none at all. It's all your personal preference.

As far as ordering them online: make sure the website has a decent return policy and go nuts. There's plenty of info on this board about how APC sizing works.
June 23, 2011 @ 05:27 PM
LMAOden

Stacking is the way your jeans bunch up around your shoes. Some people love a ton of stacking, some people (myself included) prefer just a little bit, and some people cuff their jeans so that there is none at all. It's all your personal preference.

As far as ordering them online: make sure the website has a decent return policy and go nuts. There's plenty of info on this board about how APC sizing works.

If I stack a little bit, could I still cuff em like on occasions.
And I don't plan on returning them, but I was planning to buy my apc's from apc official site, is that recommended? What do you recommend?

These will be my first pair of Raw Denim jeans so I want to make it the best haha. And I thought all you do is measure by the waist, and size down by 2?
June 23, 2011 @ 05:57 PM
butters

^yup
NS down 2 or 3 depending on how you want it to fit. You're gonna think they're waaay too small, don't worry though.
PS down 1 usually

HeirYeezy is right, APC shipping is pretty good! Good luck with the order.
June 23, 2011 @ 08:10 PM
ilykejordans

before getting them hemmed should i soak them for shrinkage or no? i know this question was asked a few pages ago but there wasnt a really definite answer
June 24, 2011 @ 12:04 AM
butters

before getting them hemmed should i soak them for shrinkage or no? i know this question was asked a few pages ago but there wasnt a really definite answer

yeah give them a soak before hemming just so everything sets at the smallest point. shrinking in length is pretty minimal in APC's, most happen in the waist and thigh area so it's not completely necessary. After a few wears the jeans will stretch back out anyways, but it's always better to have your jeans a little longer later on than having them too short!
June 24, 2011 @ 12:37 AM
Mr. Nice Watch

i dont recommend hemming......
June 24, 2011 @ 12:57 AM
Spankbank

I had some bad experience with hemming, so I agree with ^^^
June 24, 2011 @ 06:34 AM
plainview

from personal experience I would say VERY minimal hem to none at all. I have to pinroll mine now due to over hemming the bastards.
June 24, 2011 @ 10:52 AM
Spankbank

Yeah, fuckers hemmed the shit out of my APCs when I asked only a few inches off...even though it was an on-site tailor, they made me wait a fucking week and they still didn't fucking do it so they rushed it.
June 24, 2011 @ 11:47 AM
tmwtg

^ Spankbank, did you give them an inseam you wanted? Like 31" or something?

My policy on hemming is: double cuffs is the maximum. Anything beyond that requires a hem.
June 24, 2011 @ 11:49 AM
Scotty

I wouldn't say not to get them hemmed cause u had a bad experience cause u didn't go to a good tailor.. On site store tailors usually arent good cause they only know simple jobs.. Some are good though.. If u go to a good tailor who knows what he/she is doing then u will be fine.. And like I said a few posts back don't walk in saying, take this many inches off.. Let them do what they know and u choose exactly the look u want then they will hem at that spot.. Stupidity just leads to not satisfied and screw ups.. Find a good tailor and don't ask for a certain measurement off unless u know exactly what it is..

Also for people in New York, the APC store has a recommended tailor but forgot the place they recommend.. Just call em or stop in an ask...
June 24, 2011 @ 12:34 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

i wouldnt recommend hemming not cause of the tailors,

but because the stacks are gonna look normal and form well

as you keep wearing them.

personal experience.

Please login first to reply.