The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

Oct 19, 2009 @ 23:28
i think u mean MORE tapered, cuz NC is tapered as well thts y u dont c the selvage line from knee down

yea more tapered...

* also i want to note is that that chart is wrong, dont use that especially for the leg opening because its untrue for sizes past a 32 waist cause PS's have a wider leg opening than a NC's do at the higher sizes..

Mrscrouge u can go with size down 1 NS or Size down 2-3 rescue, if u dont want to go slimmer than a 514...
Oct 19, 2009 @ 23:33
I think i'm ready to take a leap into some APC's

own 3 pair of size 34 levis , 501, 559 and 514(the slimmest ill go).
i'd like to find a midpoint between all three on an equivalent APC model , which would u guys suggest? size?

thanks.

I would tell you go with NS. Its a nice fit, like a tapered 501. Anything less like NC or PS are Skinny Jeans fit.
Oct 20, 2009 @ 01:29
Do I have to size down the same amount for black new standards like the indigo ones?
Oct 20, 2009 @ 02:08
sorry for being a newb but i noticed the apc thread gets 49305940353 more replies a day than imp or small denim tread haha
Oct 20, 2009 @ 09:35
u've got it wrong sling if ur gonna size them like tht rescues>ns>ps>nc

ps might be more tapered, but if you've worn both nc is noticeably tighter than ps

true
Oct 20, 2009 @ 11:48
sorry for being a newb but i noticed the apc thread gets 49305940353 more replies a day than imp or small denim tread haha

Everyone wants pair of "higher end" raw denim and APC's are a good price, quality for the price and u can get epic fades brah! Also u have to consider the factor that imperials, skulls, sammies, dior, and etc are high in price, so most cant afford that price, so they go with APC.. Also this is hypebeast once the hype hits, it stirs out of control!
Oct 20, 2009 @ 13:24
new to apc
Hey guys, I'm new to all these forums but i picked up some apcs in a 30 and i think the fit might be a little too snug in the thighs for me...anyone looking to trade or buy a 30? I'm ideally looking for a 31 or 32 (32 is my actual waist)
Oct 20, 2009 @ 13:30
no take the 30s they will stretch.
if your true waist is 32 you will be fine.
biking and doing squats is stretching the thights
Oct 20, 2009 @ 13:35
yeah the guy at barneys told me they will stretch as well..been wearing them a couple weeks and the stretch hasnt been too significant. i cant even really use the front pockets. should i expect this to change? I'm more used to a 501 more relaxed fit yet not quite baggy
Oct 20, 2009 @ 13:48
^ Which apc's did u get New cures or New standards? Also if u are used to 501's, apc's will feel tighter than u are normally used especially if u got NC's.. I hope u are wearing them all day everyday? Thats when u will get the most stretching, also do everything in em as well.. Just sitting around in them wont do much stretching... Also there is alot of people at barney's who dont have a clue to what they are talking about, and will tell u the wrong thing!

And if u got new cures u should have gotten a 31 and if u got new standards u should be good!
Oct 20, 2009 @ 14:04
anyone ever tried CURES?
heard the mij diors 19cm are made after the cures.
at apc.com you can get cures in all size. some month ago there was only the new cures.
why is no one wearing cures? looks like th e perfect jeans between ncs and ns..
they also come in raw denim.
not sure which size i should get...
Oct 20, 2009 @ 14:16
yeah i forgot to mention that i was talking about new standards
Oct 20, 2009 @ 14:29
^ yeah u are good then they will stretch out over time.. They will just feel tight and awkward since u are coming from a 501 and the new standards are sized down 2.. Just keep wearing them everyday and do everything in them and u will be good...
Oct 20, 2009 @ 15:03
Do I have to size down the same amount for black new standards like the indigo ones?

I always hear people saying they are smaller but cant really help because I never wore them and don't know that much info on them.

Everyone wants pair of "higher end" raw denim and APC's are a good price, quality for the price and u can get epic fades brah! Also u have to consider the factor that imperials, skulls, sammies, dior, and etc are high in price, so most cant afford that price, so they go with APC.. Also this is hypebeast once the hype hits, it stirs out of control!

Truth. Look like Ande Whall is going to be the new Hype too.

^ yeah u are good then they will stretch out over time.. They will just feel tight and awkward since u are coming from a 501 and the new standards are sized down 2.. Just keep wearing them everyday and do everything in them and u will be good...

Yep. Just stay wearing them. I jumped into my old 501's just for the hell of it the other day and it felt like my pants were going to fall off when I was walking.
Oct 20, 2009 @ 15:10
do everything in them and u will be good...
^yeah. i doing everithing also sleeping in my nc's and they stretch out really fast blushing .
Oct 20, 2009 @ 15:15
Originally posted by Inactive User
anyone ever tried CURES?
heard the mij diors 19cm are made after the cures.
at apc.com you can get cures in all size. some month ago there was only the new cures.
why is no one wearing cures? looks like th e perfect jeans between ncs and ns..
they also come in raw denim.
not sure which size i should get...

I just see NC on the APC website.
Oct 20, 2009 @ 15:19
Ande Whalls are going to be in the price range of $250 when he starts using the new Japanese Denims, so yeah they're up there with Imps & Sammies but the quality on them is crazy.
Oct 20, 2009 @ 15:24
so, sling blade, youre saying the new standards are supposed to be a bit tighter than 501s?
Oct 20, 2009 @ 15:50
so, sling blade, youre saying the new standards are supposed to be a bit tighter than 501s?

Yes they should been tighter.
Oct 20, 2009 @ 15:52
my NS sized down 3 fits like a sized up 1 511 with less taper
Oct 20, 2009 @ 17:09
I might have to taper my NSs. smh

Wish it fit perfect. Shoulda got PS

new standard fit and petite standard fit are completely different. My NS are tapered enough...they don't drag at all

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

Oct 20, 2009 @ 17:18
and what about cures?
how do they fit
Oct 20, 2009 @ 17:43
Originally posted by Inactive User
and what about cures?
how do they fit

they look like a skinny straight leg fit, but they only look right on dudes that r skinny. If you even have to question if ur skinny then its prolly not ur fit
Oct 21, 2009 @ 08:44
erm im not skinny and i wear new cures;) and cures are supposed to be bigger then ncs. just between ncs and ns. if someone has fit pics or can confirm this.. looks like a 19cm dior fit!
Oct 21, 2009 @ 15:39
Got my PS's today.. not a fan of the fit. Sized down two, need to go one moree or perhaps buy some new NC's to replace my beat ones.

Damn you kevin fr3sh for your bad sizing tips.
Oct 21, 2009 @ 15:55
You must be really skinny then bro.
Oct 21, 2009 @ 15:58
Try fixing your stacks, might make it look less sloppy
Oct 21, 2009 @ 16:03
Got my PS's today.. not a fan of the fit. Sized down two, need to go one moree or perhaps buy some new NC's to replace my beat ones.
Damn you kevin fr3sh for your bad sizing tips.

shits huge for ps lol

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

Oct 21, 2009 @ 16:10
Word I've been wearing my NC's for 1.5 yrs and them jawns were perfect (sz. 29). I copped these in a 30 looking for a looser fit but they're huuuuge. I think I'm gonna exchange for sz. 30 NC's.
Oct 21, 2009 @ 16:18
are you supposed to size down on black new standards like indigo new standards?
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0