Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 25, 2014 @ 12:32 AM
WakeUpScottie

Especially the obvious LA and NYC.

I've noticed that a lot of people in my age group want to move to these places right after high school or right after college. Its so obvious most can't afford it and just end up somewhere with a broken dream. 

What I don't understand is, why would you want to live somewhere you most likely could not afford at all? Yeah the social life is probably great, but after college I'd rather go somewhere that I know will get me stable in what I'm doing then go somewhere big. 

Being a broke college graduate in Des Moines getting on your feet is probably easier than being broke chasing a dream(like a lot say they will do) in a place you'll stay broke. So,why do so many want to go? Do they just not think it all the way through? I've heard this more in this small town i live in now the. I did in ATL, so maybe they just want to experience a new kind of life? Idk that's why I'm asking. 

You ever find a room full of money then realize it ain't your money but still take it cause its money?

February 25, 2014 @ 12:34 AM
PinoyAko

Shut Up Scottie 
February 25, 2014 @ 12:35 AM
offensive-commenter

many people move here when they land a high paying job. those who come without money and not for a career are retarded.
February 25, 2014 @ 12:38 AM
WakeUpScottie

I know people who have moved to a big city and made it, so I'm not saying it's an impossible thing to do. But if you're a broke biy straight out of high school will little grasp of reality I don't understand why.

You ever find a room full of money then realize it ain't your money but still take it cause its money?

February 25, 2014 @ 12:42 AM
PersianRugs

So,why do so many want to go? Do they just not think it all the way through?
Because their parents are fronting the bill.

Agreed that those who come here with no game plan will either burn out or continue to live on family's dime.
February 25, 2014 @ 12:44 AM
offensive-commenter

those who come without money and not for a career are retarded.
they live in the bronx
yup. where most of the trash go.
February 25, 2014 @ 12:49 AM
WakeUpScottie

breh  y parents came to Paris being broke.

Now we're renting a social apartment in the east of Paris, in one of the hippest place of Paris (even if there are a lot of immigrants)

Great cities attract a lot of people because they are economics pole centers. To be economically and socially viable, they need every professions. From traders to cleaners. This is why there will always be a place for poorest people.

Plus , as I live in a big city bruh, I can tell you that growing up here is just dope. High school and college with some pretty parisian girl
But...http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2013-07-03/why-are-californias-businesses-disappearing

February 25, 2014 @ 01:14 AM
darkseid

I'm from the Midwest, that's my argument. But seriously, the aspects of the city life appeal to me. The diversity, the culture, tall buildings, activities...ect. Detroit has definitely taken its toll and I need something new.

I don't know if I'd want to live in the city my whole life, but I'd most definitely like to live there at some point (once I'm stable of course). I've been to Chicago and it was amazing.

Pretty Young Thug

February 25, 2014 @ 01:42 AM
It's Only Hype

To look for their bride while working at McDowell's
February 25, 2014 @ 01:48 AM
chief

because

wow                    such culture
           very buildings                            people

nightlife                          much bustle
                               wow

•••

February 25, 2014 @ 02:02 AM
SonOfRise

Id rather live in a small city tbh. 
I hate tall buildings. 

Zooey Deschanel is the most perfect person on this earth and i love her more than anything and we are gettin married #2017!!!

February 25, 2014 @ 05:00 AM
JEANPAULDAVINCI

suspended

to camp out at supreme duh fuccboi
February 25, 2014 @ 05:08 AM
nat turner

Cuz small towns are boring plus you ain't young forever. Doin shit backwards is boring. 

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

February 25, 2014 @ 05:09 AM
Sentimental

I wouldnt mind living in a small cottage in japancool

Fuck Off.

February 25, 2014 @ 07:59 AM
db_cooper

I've lived in the mountains in Colorado and now in the urban sprawl of Los Angeles. Both have advantages and disadvantages
February 25, 2014 @ 08:37 AM
Arty McFlyy

What are you going to do in Des Moines?

A lot of failed people would be happier in small towns, but really if you're trying to do something besides be an accountant or work in a store, you got to move to a city.

Cities have more culture, diversity, opportunities.

You only live once.
This. Lots of more opportunities in the city. 
February 25, 2014 @ 04:27 PM
Gilly Suits

I hate tall buildings. 
Go to Boston, big city with short buildings because we have height rules here

Culective.com //

February 25, 2014 @ 07:23 PM
kbos

I hate tall buildings. 

2nd this. Me and Gilly will be biased reppin the bean of course but Boston is a perfect size city, not to big not to small. Clean. Good people. Good food.

Big city life is overrated as fuck though. Having a driveway and some personal space, convience, trees, and friendlier more neighborly people, is underrated as fuck, and i've been a city guy most of my life. I get it, people from boring towns want to be where the actions at, I like a happy medium. In Boston for example you can live in a safe affordable (relatively, but my ideas of cheap are warped since ive been in nyc for years) suburb and be just a 20min drive from downtown. In Brooklyn it takes me 20mins just to get 3 miles smh.
February 25, 2014 @ 07:46 PM
spamster

I hate tall buildings. 
Big city life is overrated as fuck though. Having a driveway and some personal space, convience, trees, and friendlier more neighborly people, is underrated as fuck, and i've been a city guy most of my life. I get it, people from boring towns want to be where the actions at, I like a happy medium. In Boston for example you can live in a safe affordable (relatively, but my ideas of cheap are warped since ive been in nyc for years) suburb and be just a 20min drive from downtown. In Brooklyn it takes me 20mins just to get 3 miles smh.
Pretty much this^. I wouldn't say its overrated though, it just runs its course after a while. I lived in downtown LA for the past seven years, literally smack dab in the middle of the Old Bank District. I loved having all the things the city provided right at my disposal. Endless amounts of bars, restaurants, and entertainment with everything within walking distance. These were all the things I was interested in seven years ago but all those things have no run their course and I'm ready for something else. I recently relocated to the suburbs and like kbos said, personal space, trees, free parking, and no homeless are enjoyable things. City life is great though and worth doing for a while. 

Please login first to reply.