Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
September 15, 2013 @ 09:25 PM
tokyocean

Before I got into fashion, I didn't care about money. Thus, I didn't care about doing well in school so that I could someday find a high-paying job to afford high-end items. I was okay with wearing cheap items from the sales rack. My grades weren't that great, but I really didn't care because the only incentive for doing in well in school for most people seemed to be solely for acquiring money and showing off that money. When I really got into fashion, I started caring more about the clothes I put on my back and what brands I purchased. I started caring about money, so I devised a plan to get to where I want to be. I figured that I should start trying harder in school so that I can earn lots of money someday to purchase all this clothing in the future. I'm just starting out at a local community college at the moment, and I can definitely say I'm a lot more motivated now than I was in high school due to my newfound materialism. There are times when I feel sad that I can't afford more expensive items, but I'm just hoping I'll get to the point of being able to purchase them someday.

I figured I should post this since this is something I've been reflecting on for a while. How do you feel about this?

Karmaloop rep code: REDHOT

September 15, 2013 @ 09:32 PM
Fibrelight

It's kind of pointing out the obvious, material things cost money, doing well grants you money - money grants you material things /thread
September 15, 2013 @ 10:01 PM
tokyocean

It's kind of pointing out the obvious, material things cost money, doing well grants you money - money grants you material things /thread
You don't get the gist of what I was trying to say.

September 15, 2013 @ 10:10 PM
Sentimental

Pretty much. Can't do shit when you broke and unless your really lucky, education is the only option.

Fuck yo feelings.

September 15, 2013 @ 10:21 PM
spriteremix

you're an idiot
September 15, 2013 @ 10:26 PM
Fibrelight

Nah, I do get it. 

Materialism (specifically clothing / an interest in high end clothing) has lead you to try harder, and become more motivated in what you do. 

Grass is Green.
September 15, 2013 @ 10:27 PM
undercoverism

you're that type of individual who's going to grow to be greedier and greedier
September 15, 2013 @ 10:29 PM
undercoverism

a jew basically
September 15, 2013 @ 10:39 PM
Glo'bito

I feel you OP thats how it is with me now

“those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”

September 15, 2013 @ 10:45 PM
TASK

ok                       
September 15, 2013 @ 10:52 PM
FailedPrayer

I completely understand, but the way you stated it is a bit confusing, if not alienating.

I think what you meant to say was that you started to understand the reasoning behind these higher clothing prices (e.g. material costs, production, etc.). Because of this, you realized that, most of the time, quality = higher prices. So it's fine to strive to be successful to cop clothes.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
September 15, 2013 @ 11:08 PM
blackice445

Materialism is insane to me. We're  worshiping products another man made. 
September 15, 2013 @ 11:27 PM
tokyocean

I'm just saying I used to be the type of kid who'd say "Fuck school," but I'm a guy who actually strives for success in school now. Why? Because I used to stay disinterested in clothing, but I love clothing so much now. That's why I actually have a reason to go after the money now.

September 15, 2013 @ 11:41 PM
thane20

I'm just saying I used to be the type of kid who'd say "Fuck school," but I'm a guy who actually strives for success in school now. Why? Because I used to stay disinterested in clothing, but I love clothing so much now. That's why I actually have a reason to go after the money now.
You can't love/value clothes that much if your still shopping at Karmaloop

Bang

September 15, 2013 @ 11:46 PM
tokyocean

Are you looking at my browsing history? Don't assume things about people if you don't know for sure, brother.

September 15, 2013 @ 11:56 PM
undercoverism

Are you looking at my browsing history? Don't assume things about people if you don't know for sure, brother.
you have your karmaloop rep code on your sig, brother
September 16, 2013 @ 12:06 AM
tokyocean

You didn't think of the possibility that I'm only throwing around the rep code to make some easy money, brother. Again, don't judge people when you don't know the truth. Did you ever pass fifth grade? You must have been horrible at reading comprehension.

September 16, 2013 @ 12:12 AM
undercoverism

You didn't think of the possibility that I'm only throwing around the rep code to make some easy money, brother. Again, don't judge people when you don't know the truth. Did you ever pass fifth grade? You must have been horrible at reading comprehension.
lmao you sound like a fucking retard. you fucking look like a retard too.

good shit, big shot. make that heavy karmaloop money. 
September 16, 2013 @ 01:23 AM
tokyocean

You're the type of disgrace who judges people based on appearance. What if the dude wearing a business suit is actually a homeless guy who got his suit through donations at the homeless shelter? What if the dude rocking a Supreme shirt's actually a homeless orphan who got all his clothes through donations? Obviously, you would label these people this and that because you refuse to think of other possibilities. Don't be close-minded. I'm just saying this for your own good as well as society's own good.

September 16, 2013 @ 01:26 AM
undercoverism

You're the type of disgrace who judges people based on appearance. What if the dude wearing a business suit is actually a homeless guy who got his suit through donations at the homeless shelter? What if the dude rocking a Supreme shirt's actually a homeless orphan who got all his clothes through donations? Obviously, you would label these people this and that because you refuse to think of other possibilities. Don't be close-minded. I'm just saying this for your own good as well as society's own good.
very poetic
September 16, 2013 @ 01:29 AM
tokyocean

very poetic
I'm just trying to bring light to the world. I'm trying to clear up the skies, rid the sky of clouds, and let the the sunlight shine through. We live in a world where people think too much with their eyes. They don't even value and respect their eyes. They use their eyes to judge people when they don't even know the truth.

September 16, 2013 @ 01:44 AM
chrisbrown

I SENSE A FIT BATTLE. smile
September 16, 2013 @ 01:54 AM
Soul Rize

I always felt how OP felt. but thing is i don't just want cloth anymore. I want lyfestyle. I want my wife i met at one wedding and will never see again sad. got pics doe

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

September 16, 2013 @ 01:55 AM
offensive-commenter

lol all that said just because you love supreme?
September 16, 2013 @ 02:06 AM
YoungRizal

I SENSE A FIT BATTLE. 

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

September 16, 2013 @ 02:44 AM
hiddentiga

suspended

I SENSE A FIT BATTLE. 
September 16, 2013 @ 02:55 AM
bokeh

I SENSE A FIT BATTLE. 

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

September 16, 2013 @ 03:46 AM
Thibault

I always felt how OP felt. but thing is i don't just want cloth anymore. I want lyfestyle. I want my wife i met at one wedding and will never see again . got pics doe
where the pics at?
September 16, 2013 @ 05:04 AM
kbos

Before I got into fashion, I didn't care about money. Thus, I didn't care about doing well in school so that I could someday find a high-paying job to afford high-end items. I was okay with wearing cheap items from the sales rack. My grades weren't that great, but I really didn't care because the only incentive for doing in well in school for most people seemed to be solely for acquiring money and showing off that money. When I really got into fashion, I started caring more about the clothes I put on my back and what brands I purchased. I started caring about money, so I devised a plan to get to where I want to be. I figured that I should start trying harder in school so that I can earn lots of money someday to purchase all this clothing in the future. I'm just starting out at a local community college at the moment, and I can definitely say I'm a lot more motivated now than I was in high school due to my newfound materialism. There are times when I feel sad that I can't afford more expensive items, but I'm just hoping I'll get to the point of being able to purchase them someday.

I figured I should post this since this is something I've been reflecting on for a while. How do you feel about this?
Something about this sounds kind of off to me. You feel sad when you can't afford more expensive items? wearing cool clothing made you want to do good in school? I can't really relate to those priorities, from my perspective I cant really rationalize your train of thought it sounds so surface level and non-sustainable as such a significant priority in your life.
September 16, 2013 @ 06:16 AM
totalespionage

I always felt how OP felt. but thing is i don't just want cloth anymore. I want lyfestyle. I want my wife i met at one wedding and will never see again . got pics doe
where the pics at?

Please login first to reply.