July 13, 2013 @ 04:36 PM
Lew

I've been a heavy smoker the last 3 years and i think its time for me to quit smoking that dank. I just turned 21 and that shit made me put some perspective on life and what I plan on doing after graduating college. I'm doing well in school and bout to graduate with honors (spring 2014 in dis bitch) but  I quit cold turkey three days ago but I'm feeling very irritated and there are borderline craves.

shit is hard when you live in a place like los angeles where weed is basically a culture and all your homies and friends smoke it and it is everywhere at parties etc. I also have a medical card so that shit is way too convenient for me to get, I could walk down the street at 1am and go cop some herb at a shop and be okay. Staring at my illadelph bong right now isn't helping either. But i honestly felt as though I was wasting time and money being "high" no matter how fun the feeling was of being high and tripping out to movies and doing other shit, at the end of the day that's all your doing nothing more nothing less. All the money i've spent on weed could have been spent on more productive shit than a non replenish good like marijuana. I sit back and look at certain people wasting their lives and time off that shit but at the same time I know a lot of successful people that smoke. This is not a bash weed post because I will never advocate against it and it has various medicinal benefits that I have witnessed individuals thrive from. Neither will I look down on others for smoking because quite frankly I'd be a hypocrite but I have a feeling that it just aint for ME.

Anyone see any benefits of quitting? I honestly feel the same as I did when I was smoking everyday. But ive heard of people feeling a lot better mentally and physically. Better memory, improved grades etc. I'm on day 3 of quitting, the hardest thing for me to do last night was turn down a blunt in a session with some girls but I felt relieved that I did it.

Not gonna lie I have done shrooms and molly before and am flirting with the idea of trying lsd for the first time but nevertheless what does my hb fam think?
July 13, 2013 @ 04:53 PM
YUNG PROMETH

I was in a very similar situation my man, I just quite after several years and its been about a month. Some memories of my past are starting to come back I feel decently centered. If your body and mind hint at quitting then quitting is what you must too, no one said its easy. Its not like you have to quit for good but just until it can be beneficial to your life again. You are your drugs, smoke a lot of weed you become like a flower, immobile and content with just doing nothing and absorbing sunshine, however for making progress in life this isn't alway's the best. The key to smoking is to get high and be able to maintain constructive advancement and achieve goals. Anyways take a break it will be for the better at least for a few months. 
July 13, 2013 @ 04:58 PM
*ER!C

try out the sober life for a few and see if you feel better then when you were smoking daily  . . if you don't feel a drastic difference, then i would keep smoking.  I mean, it's not like you're a lazy stoner that doesn't get shit done.  You seem to be doing well for yourself, so if i were you, i don't think i would stop . . but definitely try being sober for a few weeks/months and then make your decision. 
July 13, 2013 @ 05:04 PM
Lew

I mean i would get shit done on things that really mattered like school. But i noticed i would push away from some friends and was content by just waking up, going to school, going to the gym and then smoking. Like i wouldn't want to go out as much or try new things. I'm already an introverted person when it comes to my personality but i believe weed increased it. I felt as though i was in my own world at times disregarding key aspects of life. Weed was like a hobby, instead of hanging around campus after class going to school events I'd just go home and smoke some bowls and chill for the rest of the day. Repeated cycle like i was a zombie or something.

Weed just made me too content and somewhat have a boring lifestyle.

It was on some "well i got weed so i'm coo for the day" type shit
July 13, 2013 @ 05:11 PM
thefamshop.com

I think if it's something that limits you, you need to stop or at least manage it better. Some people are able to function and perform at a high level with the drug because it can create focus as well as other benefits, however if you're a chronic, then I suppose it's tough to be optimally functional on a daily bases regardless of what you do for a living. Just stay away from it for a while, gain the perspective you desire, and if it still seems worth it to you then you made the right decision. Most of what you'll learn in life is from doing the wrong thing. Find out whether smoking or stopping is the wrong thing. Good luck!
July 13, 2013 @ 05:40 PM
shnoosetheboose

Well smoking before bed really effects REM sleep, so you'll have some pretty crazy dreams for awhile as your body reverts to normal haha. I had to quit for awhile for probation, but decided to get my medical card so I could smoke again. I honestly stopped smoking for a month and it wasn't too bad. My grades actually dropped a little bit, but that was probably because I started drinking and partying more during the week when I would have been chilling and smoking. My dreams were fuckin insane now that I think about it. 
July 13, 2013 @ 05:41 PM
Lew

I also fear it could potentially negatively effect me long term. I plan on taking the LSAT and GMAT early next year and I fear that it could potentially cause a detriment to my scores possibly. But i get what youre saying, i need to take a few months off and see how i feel and gain a new perspective. Shit was a daily ritual like taking a shower or brushing my teeth. Feels weird off of it
July 13, 2013 @ 06:26 PM
malik58

suspended

Tbh if you are doing well in school and your not turning into a "fiend" or something then you don't have to. Take a break though, it wouldn't hurt and when you get your shit straight and smoke for the first time in a while it'll be great cool

snapchat ;) malikk58 send me dirty pics :hah: :seanshrug:

July 13, 2013 @ 07:35 PM
zzzboy

-you will have more ambition
-you will be more horny
-you will want to exercise
-good for your lungs
-makes you participate in more hobbies
-makes your mind very clear
July 13, 2013 @ 07:50 PM
AD MCMXCVII

I have never smoked hb fam and I never will.
July 13, 2013 @ 08:42 PM
origins

-you will have more ambition
-you will be more horny
-you will want to exercise
-good for your lungs
-makes you participate in more hobbies
-makes your mind very clear

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/

July 13, 2013 @ 09:13 PM
meFLOW

ive tried to quit smoking numerous times but i always come back to my mary jane

4rlla doe you have way more ambition and a clear head after a week of not smoking 

2013 summer fit battle champion buying 7.5 visvim kiefers eFLOW

July 13, 2013 @ 10:52 PM
zzzboy

^ yea it's hard to quit because as soon as you are home and have nothing to do, you only think about one thing.
July 13, 2013 @ 10:59 PM
DOUBLECUP

when your friend group is also your sesh circle, it is incredibley hard to quit.

i am considering switching to just vaping for a clearer head. maybe try that for a while if you cannot quit out right.

प्रधानसेनापति :{ ─╤╦︻ 父

July 14, 2013 @ 12:15 AM
Lew

^ yea it's hard to quit because as soon as you are home and have nothing to do, you only think about one thing.
This is the shit that makes it hard to quit. I don't like watching tv so when I get home from school its like wtf do I do now?  Tbh when I had a girl I was smoking less because it occupied my time more but I'm honestly not trying to force myself in a relationship to help quit lmao. I guess it will lead me to having new hobbies like you said
July 14, 2013 @ 12:43 AM
flu

I usually dabble in it once a week maybe thrice. I feel like its straight what im doing because I dont fein it, but if its there Ima hit it, either way its something that I might have to drop soon before I dive in that shit. It really is hard because that shit becomes a lifestyle and culture that seems like only the realest people fuck with.

WTB: Supreme Quilted Satin Bomber Sz: Med.

July 14, 2013 @ 12:45 AM
Hashy

I was just thinking about going sober for a while.. this thread helped my decision. SOBER LIFE!! I might still smoke on special occasions like after finals.
July 14, 2013 @ 12:59 AM
Kdeezy21

Man I need to stop smoking weed too. Like I'm always bored so I always hit up my homies to go smoke at the park. I think it's getting out of hand because I'm spending all of my cash on herb. Im constantly lazy and I need to get my shit straight. Quitting weed sounds like an easy thing to do but is def not. HB fam help a nigga out
July 14, 2013 @ 01:49 AM
Fonze

Man I need to stop smoking weed too. Like I'm always bored so I always hit up my homies to go smoke at the park. I think it's getting out of hand because I'm spending all of my cash on herb. Im constantly lazy and I need to get my shit straight. Quitting weed sounds like an easy thing to do but is def not. HB fam help a nigga out
This nigga Kenny. You know who this is foo. Ima tell you right now. It ain't the weed that's the problem my nigga, it's your mind. You gotta get your mind straight bruh. Set some goals for yourself my dude and pursue that shit. I know you can do good bruh, you just gotta figure out what it is that you want to do and take it seriously, but if weed gets in the way of all of that, then take a tolerance break for however long you need to. Weed is what you make of it bruh. It can either be a life enhancer or a life problem. Make it an enhancer nigga.
July 14, 2013 @ 02:17 AM
origins

It's honestly all mental. Just start working out or doing activities, find a hobby, work, etc. Once you've been sober for a couple weeks you're gold.

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/

July 14, 2013 @ 02:52 AM
Mr FantastiK

fuck that life to boring without weed

brvndon.tumblr.com

July 14, 2013 @ 02:52 AM
zzzboy

i feel like smoking right now.  dat first deep pull on a fresh blunt or hittin the greens cool
July 14, 2013 @ 02:56 AM
Hashy

i feel like smoking right now.  dat first deep pull on a fresh blunt or hittin the greens
Aaaahhhh I know that feel, fuck you lol.
July 14, 2013 @ 03:03 AM
zzzboy

it's because i'm going to sit on my computer for 6 more hours since i have no plans tonight.  WE AIN'T SMOKIN DOE
July 14, 2013 @ 04:31 AM
thekidrt

maybe I'm weird but when I smoke, I don't like sitting around I feel like its a waste of a high. I like to get out and go do shit stoned, just because it enhances everything for me. It's not that sitting around listening to music, playing skate and shit was boring, it's just that that is my regular routine. Doing different things high was something I really enjoyed. Maybe it's just me though.

WTB Henny Jersey sz S-M Supreme Vans 9.5-10.5

July 14, 2013 @ 04:57 PM
B Low Brown

420 blaze it faggot 

@b_low_brown Killerbrownies.tumblr.com

July 14, 2013 @ 05:09 PM
Black Donald Trump

ive been smoking nearly every day for the last 3 years, recently i got bored with it and realized it is a huge waste of time/money so i have quit nearly cold turkey with no problem. weed isn't physically addictive at all, its all mental habits that you need to break, plus most of your friends probably smoke which makes it kind of difficult.
July 14, 2013 @ 06:15 PM
KiddCoast

Take LSD. Thas how i quit. Heavy smoker, took acid and quit cold turkey. Been almost a year and i havent craved a bowl once

Twitter: @KiddCoast

July 14, 2013 @ 06:17 PM
downbyone

1. Smoke after you reach your aspirations or dreams 2. You can save money for something like a BMW or Range or something 3. You'll be more focused

OF.M bangin on ya FM

July 14, 2013 @ 06:36 PM
Lew

double post

Please login first to reply.