Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
September 13, 2011 @ 10:09 AM
chiptharip

its really obvious that on most forums like this people start hating on music that they liked when they werent fame or mainstream but hate on them when its played on tv and shit
like oddfuture... i remember how you loved them but now yall hating
same shit with cudi back then
or wiz khalifa
whats with that :D
i understand that someof them change ther style to get more attention but oddfuture? same shit from thestart
or wiz khalifas new songs with spitta and sean same shit...
September 13, 2011 @ 10:22 AM
*ER!C

i still fuck with cudi and odd future, i hate wiz khalifa cuz hes a simp nikka and i have no pateince for those type of scum

death to all simps
September 13, 2011 @ 10:28 AM
Beach2theBay

I'd say 80% of people on the internet have some kind of self esteem problem and they validate themselves by listening to underground music or wearing exclusive clothing brands. When groups they like get big that lose something to brag about but also a lot of artists do change their style a bit to appeal to a larger market and they have to water down their style for the radio/tv.

edit: Also new fans ruin shows and the band for other people too. Look at all the odd future fags writing "Free Earl 666" on their faces and taking pictures and shit. There's a lot of bands I'd like more if their fans weren't bitches and I didn't want to be associated with them.
September 13, 2011 @ 10:43 AM
@abgohard1

i feel like kids from cali suck
September 13, 2011 @ 11:02 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

its really obvious that on most forums like this people start hating on music that they liked when they werent fame or mainstream but hate on them when its played on tv and shit
like oddfuture... i remember how you loved them but now yall hating
same shit with cudi back then
or wiz khalifa
whats with that :D
i understand that someof them change ther style to get more attention but oddfuture? same shit from thestart
or wiz khalifas new songs with spitta and sean same shit...

Hate isn't automatic once the fame comes. Hate comes when the music I liked changes for a more pop friendly sound. At least that's how I am. Eminem was my favorite rapper of all time. I even forgave all his little pop singles. But his flow ever since he signed 50 has just been so damn horrible that I can't even stomach listening anymore. But Adele didn't change much when she got really big. I still dig her. Amy Winehouse's sound didn't change with her fame. The bigger Roots got, their sound remained the same. The more fame Common got he actually started making his BEST music. So fame doesn't automatically bring hate from original fans.

As far as I know, the only guys who hate OF are guys who've always hated OF. Their original fans still stick by em. Other nigs who used to like them and now don't are prolly just envious of their success.

Wiz gets hate for changing his style and turning into a horrible simp.
September 13, 2011 @ 11:40 AM
scélérat

I still fucks with Wiz tho
His simpin is exaggerated tho.

he dont simp that damn much.

and Amber be saying and doing that Mushy lovey dovey shit also. so cool

"The clothes don't make the man the man made them clothes."

September 13, 2011 @ 12:07 PM
PandoCalrissian

Hate isn't automatic once the fame comes. Hate comes when the music I liked changes for a more pop friendly sound. At least that's how I am. Eminem was my favorite rapper of all time. I even forgave all his little pop singles. But his flow ever since he signed 50 has just been so damn horrible that I can't even stomach listening anymore. But Adele didn't change much when she got really big. I still dig her. Amy Winehouse's sound didn't change with her fame. The bigger Roots got, their sound remained the same. The more fame Common got he actually started making his BEST music. So fame doesn't automatically bring hate from original fans.

As far as I know, the only guys who hate OF are guys who've always hated OF. Their original fans still stick by em. Other nigs who used to like them and now don't are prolly just envious of their success.

Common is my favorite MC of all time ad I see what you're saying he got much better with success

"leather jackets and bape shark hoodies, its a struggle but we make it work"

September 13, 2011 @ 12:58 PM
adoboFosho

what about Black Eyed Peas aka the definition of sellout

at one point in time they were a hiphop group

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

September 13, 2011 @ 01:12 PM
mYslead

The more fame Common got he actually started making his BEST music.

huh, until that awful and horrible album titled Universal Mind Control
September 13, 2011 @ 01:27 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Hypebeasts gonna Hypebeast
September 13, 2011 @ 03:02 PM

Inactive

concerning odd future,

i'd be willing to bet that many on HB stopped listening to them openly because they didn't want to be associated with the newer fans.
September 13, 2011 @ 03:15 PM
jaded

before i even opened this thread i said to myself "i guarantee he'll reference odd future"

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 13, 2011 @ 03:22 PM
Pretty Joseph

I'd say 80% of people on the internet have some kind of self esteem problem and they validate themselves by listening to underground music or wearing exclusive clothing brands. When groups they like get big that lose something to brag about but also a lot of artists do change their style a bit to appeal to a larger market and they have to water down their style for the radio/tv.

edit: Also new fans ruin shows and the band for other people too. Look at all the odd future fags writing "Free Earl 666" on their faces and taking pictures and shit. There's a lot of bands I'd like more if their fans weren't bitches and I didn't want to be associated with them.

Qft

I never really fucked with OF like that, but I gave it up to Tyler cause he was an HB ♥♥♥♥♥ doing his thing, but now hop on tumble or fb and every pinoy and their mother quoting his shit. As for Drake ♥♥♥♥♥ changed his whole style up completely from the comeback season days. Not to mention dude has a simping singing alter ego

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

September 13, 2011 @ 03:23 PM
NoStress

A large reason why I started hating artist who gained mainstream exposure is because most of the time, their music starts to become dumbed down for mainstream America (as the case for Wiz Khalifa & Drake) and waaay shittier than their previous work. But this isnt' the case for OF, their music is still dope, its just that their fans are annoying as fuck.

burr

September 13, 2011 @ 03:24 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

what about Black Eyed Peas aka the definition of sellout

at one point in time they were a hiphop group

That's my point. I liked BEP. But their whole sound changed. I don't like them anymore.

huh, until that awful and horrible album titled Universal Mind Control

LOL. I forgot about that.
September 13, 2011 @ 03:24 PM

Inactive

A large reason why I started hating artist who gained mainstream exposure is because most of the time, their music starts to become dumbed down for mainstream America (as the case for Wiz Khalifa & Drake) and waaay shittier than their previous work. But this isnt' the case for OF, their music is still dope, its just that their fans are annoying as fuck.

the only reason odd future didn't dumb down their music is because it couldn't get any dumber.
September 13, 2011 @ 03:26 PM
NoStress

^Lol I guess. What I meant by dumb down is more like they didn't have to change up their subject matter..

burr

September 13, 2011 @ 03:46 PM
Cybrax2

hypebeast became hipsterbeast
September 13, 2011 @ 04:13 PM
DeWale2

I think the issue most people have is that once an artist becomes mainstream, they stop catering for the niche and cater to the masses to retain their mainstream status.

The elements of that artist's music that you identified with before have either been completely lost or watered down - thus said artist isn't as appealing as they once were.

Also you get the cunts who only liked them because they were obscure.
September 13, 2011 @ 04:42 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I think the issue most people have is that once an artist becomes mainstream, they stop catering for the niche and cater to the masses to retain their mainstream status.

The elements of that artist's music that you identified with before have either been completely lost or watered down - thus said artist isn't as appealing as they once were.

Also you get the cunts who only liked them because they were obscure.

I'm not sure if underground artists were catering to a niche as much as they were just being themselves. Then, when the pressure to sell records gets put on them, it's like they lose themselves. Their music loses its authenticity. That's how I feel. But for the most part, you're right.

And I don't like fans who are fans just because it's obscure. Like wutang fans who just like wutang because it's cool to like wutang.
September 13, 2011 @ 05:27 PM
WojieWorldPeace

i feel like kids from cali suck

As long as the bitches do we in business cool

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 13, 2011 @ 05:54 PM
bulmasaur

Hypebeasts gonna Hypebeast

September 13, 2011 @ 07:04 PM
ethank11

fads get old as you get old
September 13, 2011 @ 07:48 PM
Ape

I noticed this with j Cole

Dudes just started hating him for really no reason

It's like y'all want them to stay broke and unknown forever

But for a dude like wiz khalifa who was already popular to switch and make that shit on rolling papers was disappointing but his post rolling papers stuff was okay

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

September 13, 2011 @ 08:00 PM
ClydeFrazier

wiz fell the fuck off after kush and oj

i never really fucked with OF, outside of frank. i gave bastard a few listens but i just don't connect with the material.

drakes mixtapes were dope but TML was a bit of a disappointment, i have high hopes for take care though

i think when it comes to j cole, people are startin to hate cuz work out was fucking garbage. dude has always dropped good shit but when it finally gets to the single, shit was garbage, so people are starting to hop off. i still got love for the dude and i'm hoping cole world is as great as he claims.

in my opinion, dudes aren't hatin just to hate and say "oh i liked em before they blew up", they just don't like dumbed down bullshit, which is all these dudes put out after they finally get signed. look at hov and ye's transition from RD and CD to WTT, drake from RFI to TML, wiz from POTC to RP, fucking nas from illmatic to untitled, all this shit man. dudes grind so hard to finally make it, and once they do they just seem to lose that heart. i guarantee cole world ain't gonna touch the warm up.

Melo Gang All Day

September 13, 2011 @ 08:03 PM
da

I hate the new fans that make shit seem gay.

OFWGKTA 666 FREE EARL
September 13, 2011 @ 08:09 PM
@abgohard1

i just think there's mad fuckin brat children out dere buyin into hype like a mothaucca
September 13, 2011 @ 08:14 PM
Pretty Joseph

I noticed this with j Cole

Dudes just started hating him for really no reason

It's like y'all want them to stay broke and unknown forever

But for a dude like wiz khalifa who was already popular to switch and make that shit on rolling papers was disappointing but his post rolling papers stuff was okay

wiz fell the fuck off after kush and oj

i never really fucked with OF, outside of frank. i gave bastard a few listens but i just don't connect with the material.

drakes mixtapes were dope but TML was a bit of a disappointment, i have high hopes for take care though

i think when it comes to j cole, people are startin to hate cuz work out was fucking garbage. dude has always dropped good shit but when it finally gets to the single, shit was garbage, so people are starting to hop off. i still got love for the dude and i'm hoping cole world is as great as he claims.

in my opinion, dudes aren't hatin just to hate and say "oh i liked em before they blew up", they just don't like dumbed down bullshit, which is all these dudes put out after they finally get signed. look at hov and ye's transition from RD and CD to WTT, drake from RFI to TML, wiz from POTC to RP, fucking nas from illmatic to untitled, all this shit man. dudes grind so hard to finally make it, and once they do they just seem to lose that heart. i guarantee cole world ain't gonna touch the warm up.

warm up was cool , friday night lights |0 but when i heard work out sad i knew this ♥♥♥♥♥ had officially fallen into drakeism

not to mention the more i listen to certain artist the more boring and predictable they get. atleast with ♥♥♥♥♥s like curren$y,dom kennedy, stalley and ross they find ways to repeat the same thing over and over by saying it in different ways. ♥♥♥♥♥s like cole, big sean & wale will have 4 songs on a mixtape that sound exactly alike confused

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

September 13, 2011 @ 08:20 PM
myBallz

artists work hard and make better music to hit mainstream.
once they make it big, they start making shitty music just to get more fame/money
September 13, 2011 @ 08:48 PM
SanixSwag

It's cause they sell out, how the fuck you one switch up your whole style and expect ♥♥♥♥♥s to still like you, its like ♥♥♥♥♥ only reason i liked you in the first place was cuz of you style.
Wiz was always my fav rapper, now he ain't even in my top 5, when i hear wiz songs now i get mad.

How you gone go from burn after rolling to black and yellow?
How you gone go from memorized to roll up?
How you gone go from In the cut to no sleep?

I could go on, And as far as changing up the style to appeal to a larger audience, aint nothing wrong with that, but dis ♥♥♥♥♥ didn't do a few minor changes he turned into a full as simp bitch.

Please login first to reply.