Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 23, 2009 @ 01:56 PM
Christdawg

As you may be aware, New York State just enacted an emergency regulation requiring that certain personnel working at medical centers receive the influenza vaccines, both seasonal and H1N1, as a condition of employment. This means that all .... employees who have direct contact with patients, and all staff who have regular contact with these employees, are required to receive the vaccine for both the seasonal flu and the H1N1 virus. If you are required to have annual TB testing (e.g., PPD skin testing), you are required to get the flu shots. No employee is exempt from this regulation unless he or she has formal written documentation of a medically valid reason for not receiving the vaccine from a licensed healthcare provider. All employees are strongly encouraged to get immunized as soon as possible and no later than November 30.
^Thats the Email I rcvd this morning. suprised

Im not doing it. They also said that even Religous beliefs wont get you outta not taking it.

Our rights are slowly being taken away.
September 23, 2009 @ 02:01 PM
CONQ

why dont you want to get it?
September 23, 2009 @ 02:04 PM
CONQ

seems kind of necessary considering you work with patients, i am assuming in a hospital! you can be getting that shit and spreading it. and theyre not taking away your rights unless you are forced to take it.. in this case, you can quit
September 23, 2009 @ 02:09 PM
Christdawg

It has nothing to do with being afraid of the needle but more about the side affects of the vaccination and the fact that they patented the vaccine before the actual outbreak. I dont trust. During the Outbreak of Swine flu in the 1970 more ppl died from the vaccination then the actual Flu.
September 23, 2009 @ 02:11 PM
Christdawg

seems kind of necessary considering you work with patients, i am assuming in a hospital! you can be getting that shit and spreading it. and theyre not taking away your rights unless you are forced to take it.. in this case, you can quit

Did you not read my post?

"No employee is exempt from this regulation unless he or she has formal written documentation of a medically valid reason for not receiving the vaccine from a licensed healthcare provider. All employees are strongly encouraged to get immunized as soon as possible and no later than November 30."

"as a condition of employment"

WOW
September 23, 2009 @ 02:22 PM
CONQ

Its not the government taking away your rights here, its your employer adding new terms to your employment contract. You have a choice, take the shot or quit.
September 23, 2009 @ 02:31 PM
Christdawg

^Wrong its New York State that is making my Employer make me get the shot.
September 23, 2009 @ 03:01 PM
MisfitProdigy

he's basically saying he's scared that the shot will be more harmful than helpful, which I also fear because vaccine shots are known to cause different types of retardation and what not, but when it comes to the swine flu vaccination, people started to patent it before the outbreak started(or something like that) so I don't really trust it either. In your situation though dude, you should just take it since you are dealing with sick people and you shouldn't want to lose your job just for not wanting to take the shot. Just be sure to tell us if it fucks you up or anything. Hope that makes sense, and hope you don't die or lose your job.
September 23, 2009 @ 03:17 PM
Christdawg

^lol. Im gonna go as long as possible without getting it but if i dont post for awhile you know what happened.
September 23, 2009 @ 03:35 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

As you may be aware, New York State just enacted an emergency regulation requiring that certain personnel working at medical centers receive the influenza vaccines, both seasonal and H1N1, as a condition of employment. This means that all .... employees who have direct contact with patients, and all staff who have regular contact with these employees, are required to receive the vaccine for both the seasonal flu and the H1N1 virus. If you are required to have annual TB testing (e.g., PPD skin testing), you are required to get the flu shots. No employee is exempt from this regulation unless he or she has formal written documentation of a medically valid reason for not receiving the vaccine from a licensed healthcare provider. All employees are strongly encouraged to get immunized as soon as possible and no later than November 30.
^Thats the Email I rcvd this morning. suprised

Im not doing it. They also said that even Religous beliefs wont get you outta not taking it.

Our rights are slowly being taken away.

Crazy. But then again, I can see why the hosp believes it's a necessary thing to do. They are scared of the propaganda and don't want an outbreak in their hospital...but i think it's all bs. Propaganda. They just want to gather even more personal information and inject you with poison to make people rich and to make you sick so you can keep going back.

Bush made money off war....I bet Obama's gonna make money off health insurance investments and other medical related stuff. Why's he pushing this so hard?
September 23, 2009 @ 03:43 PM
OmegaSvpreme

Search for a job elsewhere, then quit. Fuck that vaccine. It's just a tool for population reduction.
September 23, 2009 @ 03:51 PM
drewAM

Since you said it's a NY state thing, find people from your hospital and others around the county and state who refuse to take the vaccine. Get hard, indisputable info and make a good argument against it. Power in numbers.

FUCK MY NIGGER DAD

September 23, 2009 @ 05:08 PM
YUP123

Heard on the news today that they're not gonna hold the manufacturer of the vaccine accountable for any negative side effects.... the fuck is this nonsense no way am I putting something in my body that no one knows the side effects of, no fuckin way.
September 23, 2009 @ 05:18 PM
uhhhhh durrrrr

That's crazy if true. They can't stand behind their product? That worries me. However, I heard on the news about some nasal spray that helps you from getting h1n1, but I don't know much about it. Prolly doesn't work.
September 23, 2009 @ 06:06 PM
.IC3.

whats wrong wit u

the problem is u
they tryna save employees life, and ur rebeling? wtf

t
September 23, 2009 @ 06:07 PM
.IC3.

haha u a guinea pig
September 23, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
Killa!

fuck the goverment this some nazi shit
*****s gonna try to lower the population.....
September 23, 2009 @ 06:46 PM
shinesolo

swine flu vaccine in the 70s had a death rate of 75%
September 23, 2009 @ 07:32 PM
Christdawg

Since you said it's a NY state thing, find people from your hospital and others around the county and state who refuse to take the vaccine. Get hard, indisputable info and make a good argument against it. Power in numbers.

I like this idea. I heard in L.I. nurses are protesting. Its also weird that its only NY medical staff as far as i kno. Im sure everyone is gonna end up getting poked if they have it there way.
September 23, 2009 @ 11:24 PM
Ryon

well seeing that seasonal influenza kills more then Swine
I think the vaccine is the least of your worries
September 24, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
misteranonymou

You're taking a flu shot - don't be scared. Swine flu = influenza, but it's only "scary" because the media blew the FUCK out of it. However, I do agree that it's sketchy because the vaccine seems experimental..

Anyways, it seems like you're scared of the vaccine because of propaganda, so do yourself a favor and do some research.
September 24, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
zzzboy

christdawg, youre about as stupid as mothers who believe the MMR vaccine causes autism. this country puts so much effort into making sure you are healthy, and this is how you act? nevermind that our healthcare is in shambles...have you even considered how lucky you are to be living somewhere where vaccines are even available? youre pathetic.

yes, people die from vaccines, but only the severely immunocompromised do. but then again, if these people also caught the disease for which the vaccine prevents, they would probably die as well. think about that for a second.

you guys dont have any "good" knowledge about vaccines. there have been many botched studies that have been thoroughly disproved, though the hype still continues to live. this type of hype wont ever die because crazy white people and desperate parents want to find any way to blame someone else for their own misfortunes.
September 24, 2009 @ 12:59 PM
AntonyT

christdawg, youre about as stupid as mothers who believe the MMR vaccine causes autism. this country puts so much effort into making sure you are healthy, and this is how you act? nevermind that our healthcare is in shambles...have you even considered how lucky you are to be living somewhere where vaccines are even available? youre pathetic.

yes, people die from vaccines, but only the severely immunocompromised do. but then again, if these people also caught the disease for which the vaccine prevents, they would probably die as well. think about that for a second.

you guys dont have any "good" knowledge about vaccines. there have been many botched studies that have been thoroughly disproved, though the hype still continues to live. this type of hype wont ever die because crazy white people and desperate parents want to find any way to blame someone else for their own misfortunes.

plus the republicans
September 24, 2009 @ 02:05 PM
Christdawg

I have done research and I am not gonna throw caution to the wind when it comes to my body. Its the fucking flu im confident my body could fight it off if I was to even catch it. BTW the Swin Flu vaccin in the 70's cause more deaths then the actual Flu itself. I just find it weird that some shit that was clearly made in a lab now has a vaccine not even a year later and the patent for the vaccine was patented a year before the actual outbreak. I have received plenty of vaccinations prior to this so im not some anti vaccination nut but the research i have done on this one and the fact that its mandatory rubs me the wrong way.

Please login first to reply.