Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 8, 2013 @ 04:00 AM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

www.AboveRoyaltyClothing.com Skate/Street Wear Est. 2010

May 8, 2013 @ 04:00 AM
Jake Ocean

Exactly, your opinion from an outside perspective.  There's plenty we have going on.  We've properly branded Above Royalty since 2010.  A logo is different from brand name.  Logo is something you have created.  Brand name for more is just going to be a font they downloaded.  Knowing that most "graphic designers" on this board probably have no knowledge in Typography.  We're constantly on these boards and see what everyone's got.  Look at any major business.  Not just clothing.  You have to brand your logo so you are recognizable.  Now look at the major clothing brands.  They have their one main stamp logo.  Building a brand for the longevity does not happen within a few seasons.  You have to sacrifice and dedicate your life into the brand.  Your brand is suppose to portray YOU, not your gimmick to try and make a fast buck.  It's about the struggle and progression of brand.  The founder of Above Royalty has worked with Akomplice Clothing, ran their flagship store in Santa Barbara, CA and ran their booths at Agenda & Magic tradeshows.  There he learned the ins and outs of the whole business side to the industry that most people who wish to run a successful brand need to learn about.  It takes years to develop a reputation that people will admire and want to be apart of.  Above Royalty has done just that in all areas of California & spreading throughout the states.  You have to know how to network, how to develop a following in local cities and surrounding areas.  

Above Royalty is a positive move>ment to our community sponsoring two non-profits not just a clothing line.  Our OG Crown Tee/Hoodies/Crews are moving through the hip-hop industry.  Names like Ned Cameron, Jahlil Beats, YOG$, Dizzy Wright, Hopson and two hip-hop LA labels... Just to name a few.  Our sponsored skate team in Santa Barbara puts in work for the brand!  Our skate team is expanding to LA, SF, and South America.  All of Above Royalty's head gear is manufactured through Mitchell & Ness (Snapbacks & Beanies).  Currently, we are producing leather wallets, cut & sew works, and crew socks as well.  As far as our designs go, we have plenty that have been stored away in our vault until timing became right.  Fast forward 3 years later, we sent our line sheets to Venue Trade Show and have been accept to exhibit our collection next month June 28, 2013.  The founder of the show predicts Above Royalty to have some of the best success at the show.  It is a private event for retailers, manufactures, and the press.  Hours, Hours, and Hours go into research and development to ensure we stay original and different than any other brand you could think of, trust.  Those who know the brand are aware of the moves being made are nothing but excited for Above Royalty's future.  Above Royalty Clothing is already valued at $500,000.  No opinions here, just facts. 
First of all, the amount of BS in this statement is way too high. What really through me off was the $500,000 price on your company. Here let me explain why, first of all, to be valued at half a million dollars is bogus when you are not even in ANY retailers because that would mean most of your sales are through online and doing $500,000 online means you either lied or you are probably one of the best and greatest underground clothing companies that has the biggest internet fan base. Im going to have to go with my first guess judging your website is a tumblr, and a big cartel. The social media you have isn't very "high" for you to have such a big fan base either. The logo you have is really nothing extraordinary, its really a crown with AR in the bottom left hand corner. Don't go judging others if you have to fabricate a lot of things. I understand you have a non-profit base company and not just a clothing line. Please don't tell other brands to "develop" when you sure as heck haven't been doing much except talking about this and that without any proof leads to a big let down by the consumers and never will look at you the same again.
My brand may have not have any of what you stated but I wouldn't go around making bogus claims to hurt my business. Oh and anyone can value a company, I can value mine at 5 billion because of my sweat and tears and hope for this company but being realistically not many brands on here are probably worth more than 10K but there are a few exceptions. If your brand is worth more than 10k you probably wouldn't be on here at all either. 
No BS, all true statements.  There's no fabrication, just talking about my brand.  You would too just like everyone else if you have been working hard on something and began to see success.  How are you to say "sure as heck haven't been doing much expect talking about this and that without any proof"? We would be glad to meet and person give you a run down of proof.  The crown isn't our main logo, the "AR" is with the crown on top.  Don't let social media numbers fool you, they don't tell the story of our following.  Again, no bogus claims.  We wouldn't be letting anyone down.  You can value your company at whatever you wish, you're right, but we do have the numbers backing our fact.  Sorry you feel so negative about it all.  Even if the brand was worth more I'd still be on here.  
You would have had to sell nearly 20,000 t-shirts in order to get that number. Even if you had that many people going to your website, how could that work if you aren't even fully SEO optimized. Your website is 3 links down from being first.

https://www.google.com/search?q=above+royalty+clothing&oq=above+royalty+clothing&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l3.2756j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

http://www.distantlight.co

May 8, 2013 @ 04:02 AM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

May 8, 2013 @ 04:11 AM
segagenesis

We (and I mean you) are all just making t shirts. Its really nothing serious, we are not changing clothes, not changing anybody's life and certainly are not starting a revolution.
May 8, 2013 @ 04:36 AM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

May 8, 2013 @ 05:11 AM
Ian x illany

Pictures of the tees we just released.

Get wavy for the summer, check them out on our store.

ILLANY! ~ @illanewyork ~ www.illanewyork.tumblr.com/

May 8, 2013 @ 05:28 AM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

May 8, 2013 @ 05:38 AM
sacrilegeclothingco

Exactly, your opinion from an outside perspective.  There's plenty we have going on.  We've properly branded Above Royalty since 2010.  A logo is different from brand name.  Logo is something you have created.  Brand name for more is just going to be a font they downloaded.  Knowing that most "graphic designers" on this board probably have no knowledge in Typography.  We're constantly on these boards and see what everyone's got.  Look at any major business.  Not just clothing.  You have to brand your logo so you are recognizable.  Now look at the major clothing brands.  They have their one main stamp logo.  Building a brand for the longevity does not happen within a few seasons.  You have to sacrifice and dedicate your life into the brand.  Your brand is suppose to portray YOU, not your gimmick to try and make a fast buck.  It's about the struggle and progression of brand.  The founder of Above Royalty has worked with Akomplice Clothing, ran their flagship store in Santa Barbara, CA and ran their booths at Agenda & Magic tradeshows.  There he learned the ins and outs of the whole business side to the industry that most people who wish to run a successful brand need to learn about.  It takes years to develop a reputation that people will admire and want to be apart of.  Above Royalty has done just that in all areas of California & spreading throughout the states.  You have to know how to network, how to develop a following in local cities and surrounding areas.  

Above Royalty is a positive move>ment to our community sponsoring two non-profits not just a clothing line.  Our OG Crown Tee/Hoodies/Crews are moving through the hip-hop industry.  Names like Ned Cameron, Jahlil Beats, YOG$, Dizzy Wright, Hopson and two hip-hop LA labels... Just to name a few.  Our sponsored skate team in Santa Barbara puts in work for the brand!  Our skate team is expanding to LA, SF, and South America.  All of Above Royalty's head gear is manufactured through Mitchell & Ness (Snapbacks & Beanies).  Currently, we are producing leather wallets, cut & sew works, and crew socks as well.  As far as our designs go, we have plenty that have been stored away in our vault until timing became right.  Fast forward 3 years later, we sent our line sheets to Venue Trade Show and have been accept to exhibit our collection next month June 28, 2013.  The founder of the show predicts Above Royalty to have some of the best success at the show.  It is a private event for retailers, manufactures, and the press.  Hours, Hours, and Hours go into research and development to ensure we stay original and different than any other brand you could think of, trust.  Those who know the brand are aware of the moves being made are nothing but excited for Above Royalty's future.  Above Royalty Clothing is already valued at $500,000.  No opinions here, just facts. 
First of all, the amount of BS in this statement is way too high. What really through me off was the $500,000 price on your company. Here let me explain why, first of all, to be valued at half a million dollars is bogus when you are not even in ANY retailers because that would mean most of your sales are through online and doing $500,000 online means you either lied or you are probably one of the best and greatest underground clothing companies that has the biggest internet fan base. Im going to have to go with my first guess judging your website is a tumblr, and a big cartel. The social media you have isn't very "high" for you to have such a big fan base either. The logo you have is really nothing extraordinary, its really a crown with AR in the bottom left hand corner. Don't go judging others if you have to fabricate a lot of things. I understand you have a non-profit base company and not just a clothing line. Please don't tell other brands to "develop" when you sure as heck haven't been doing much except talking about this and that without any proof leads to a big let down by the consumers and never will look at you the same again.
My brand may have not have any of what you stated but I wouldn't go around making bogus claims to hurt my business. Oh and anyone can value a company, I can value mine at 5 billion because of my sweat and tears and hope for this company but being realistically not many brands on here are probably worth more than 10K but there are a few exceptions. If your brand is worth more than 10k you probably wouldn't be on here at all either. 
No BS, all true statements.  There's no fabrication, just talking about my brand.  You would too just like everyone else if you have been working hard on something and began to see success.  How are you to say "sure as heck haven't been doing much expect talking about this and that without any proof"? We would be glad to meet and person give you a run down of proof.  The crown isn't our main logo, the "AR" is with the crown on top.  Don't let social media numbers fool you, they don't tell the story of our following.  Again, no bogus claims.  We wouldn't be letting anyone down.  You can value your company at whatever you wish, you're right, but we do have the numbers backing our fact.  Sorry you feel so negative about it all.  Even if the brand was worth more I'd still be on here.  
You would have had to sell nearly 20,000 t-shirts in order to get that number. Even if you had that many people going to your website, how could that work if you aren't even fully SEO optimized. Your website is 3 links down from being first.

https://www.google.com/search?q=above+royalty+clothing&oq=above+royalty+clothing&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l3.2756j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
If you notice the website is not even constructed.  Probably the reason it's 3 links down.  Our facebook/bigcartel are the two sites running for us as the moment.  Sales can be conducted through face to face interaction. Who's to say it's solely need be via internet?  We also have Crewnecks, Hoodies, and Snapbacks, not just t-shirts at the moment.  You could try to figure out how much of what we sold but the dollars in hand is all the proof we need.  
I think it's funny you went off on a huge rant about your company and everything you guys do even though all I said is that your "line" is just a bunch of stuff with your logo on it. That is not creative and you can't really claim that it is. Your logo is ordinary, I like the name, but I don't think it's special enough to have as the only design for your clothes. If you guys are worth $500,000 then props to you(although, I highly doubt that you are). I do think it's a bit corny that your first post was in third person when all the rest weren't though. I think it's great that you guys do all of that charitable work and you're helping out kids, but if we're ONLY talking about your line of clothes that you have out, I would say you should probably put more work into coming up with some good designs and start getting some new stuff out. 

First line dropping Summer 2013. For inquiries email sacrilegeclothingco@gmail.com

May 8, 2013 @ 05:39 AM
sacrilegeclothingco

Pictures of the tees we just released.

Get wavy for the summer, check them out on our store.
WHY?

First line dropping Summer 2013. For inquiries email sacrilegeclothingco@gmail.com

May 8, 2013 @ 06:00 AM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

May 8, 2013 @ 06:19 AM
sacrilegeclothingco

First off, you have ABSOLUTELY no room to talk. Like ever. You photo shop pictures of your "designs" on to celebrities. That is the lamest thing I've ever seen man, no excuses for that. Actually, that's all I have to say. Not cool.

May 8, 2013 @ 06:40 AM
sacrilegeclothingco

Just curious, have any of you guys on here dealt with Egyptian cotton? I was doing some research and a lot of people say it's actually really good for tees, but I'm a little skeptical. I've been trying to find a high quality shirt to print my stuff on, but haven't quite found the right one yet. 

May 8, 2013 @ 07:16 AM
yojsushi

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to pass the word that I'm dropping my first 2013 collection entitled the "Divers League" May 10th at 12:00am on my online store. Last weekend I put together a look book to help give a better feel for my baseball inspired collection. Let me know what you think.

You can see the rest of the look book here

Shop / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram
Coolest shit i seen and I been lurking hard on this forums. You should make more teams, besides pelicans.
May 8, 2013 @ 08:15 AM
mcnugget

i shall make it out alive

and its gone

May 8, 2013 @ 10:40 AM
royds

Staunch has been my pride and joy the past couple months, and is slowly coming together. I'm a passionate designer at school and what to create a image people want to wear for the right reasons.

Staunch is big.

COP I below. COP II inbound.

Store - www.stvunch.com
Facebook - facebook.com/TheStaunch
May 8, 2013 @ 12:05 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

above royalty on the offensive

hot water

May 8, 2013 @ 02:25 PM
karakter1

im really not sure why most of you guys post your brand in here.

alot of you guys already have very strong opinions about your brand and your direction and don't really need/want any kind of advice.

make your website/blog, facebook page, webstore.
print your tees 

no need to come in and get advice from other people that are also just starting......what value do you actually put on this advice?
May 8, 2013 @ 02:38 PM
casein_point

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW above royalty is claiming they are worth 500k and everyone is hating on their designs and line.

Who gives a fahk?!?!?!? Let them do their thing and you do yours. You can disagree with their statements and they can disagree with yours but in the end it doesn't matter, not one bit. Believe whatever you want and take it with a grain of salt. Instead of you worrying about what they do and what they make and them trying to defend themselves everyone should just worry about their own line because lord knows that a significant amount of brands on here need work.

Now this is coming from someone with no brand just a passion for clothing but y'all are childish AF worrying and calling people out on this type of stuff. Less time being a buster, more time designing and marketing = getting yourself a better brand.
May 8, 2013 @ 02:53 PM
karakter1

^^^^^^

exactly....everyone in here seems to be a brand expert, whose advice should be taken seriously!

like you have a magic formula of what brand evaluation should be, what a mission statement should be, what designs should look like, what a logo should be...ect.....but don't really have anything to show for -how the application of your advice has worked soooooo well for yourself!   

you can see from successful brands...that some have very different logo styles, webstore types, blogs, mission statements.......ect. THERE IS NO MAGIC FORMULA....
May 8, 2013 @ 02:57 PM
karakter1

If you already printed your tees........why are you posting in this thread for feedback and advice? 

its already printed....you already have it on your webshop! you already invested and committed to your idea! 
May 8, 2013 @ 03:07 PM
HWYS - Joey

You have to make people want to represent your shit because they either relate, support, value or look up to the shit you represent... If you are only making tees without a personal connection to the costumer, you might as well post them up on threadless where people are only buying a design, not a "lifestyle".

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

May 8, 2013 @ 04:32 PM
HEAVYSET

HEAVYSET Release Party & Pop-Up Shop
In celebration of our SS13 release, we will be taking over Stay Gallery in Downey, CA. from:

Friday, May 10th @ 8pm -to- Sunday, May 12th @ Midnight

- View & shop the SS13 collection
- Artwork & photographs from the collection
- Music & Special Guests
- Drinks & More

If you live in the Southern California part of the world, come by.

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/456443207773391/

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

May 8, 2013 @ 04:46 PM
AndyRocksBluu

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to pass the word that I'm dropping my first 2013 collection entitled the "Divers League" May 10th at 12:00am on my online store. Last weekend I put together a look book to help give a better feel for my baseball inspired collection. Let me know what you think.

You can see the rest of the look book here

Shop / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram
Coolest shit i seen and I been lurking hard on this forums. You should make more teams, besides pelicans.
I also have the "Running Divers" as another team for the release. I actually think its my favorite out of the two.

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

May 8, 2013 @ 05:33 PM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

^^^^^^

exactly....everyone in here seems to be a brand expert, whose advice should be taken seriously!

like you have a magic formula of what brand evaluation should be, what a mission statement should be, what designs should look like, what a logo should be...ect.....but don't really have anything to show for -how the application of your advice has worked soooooo well for yourself!   

you can see from successful brands...that some have very different logo styles, webstore types, blogs, mission statements.......ect. THERE IS NO MAGIC FORMULA....
Correct, there is no magic formula.  As we mentioned in a previous thread, everyone in life has their own journey, their own route in which at some point they will realize to take.  Not just talking about clothing, but in general.  We don't post for advice but rather to simply allow people to be aware of what we have done with Above Royalty thus far just like we would at events when we are dealing with face to face interactions. 

May 8, 2013 @ 05:35 PM
karakter1

You have to make people want to represent your shit because they either relate, support, value or look up to the shit you represent... If you are only making tees without a personal connection to the costumer, you might as well post them up on threadless where people are only buying a design, not a "lifestyle".
statements like this are not always true. 

they sound great! ......but in reality, some people buy a tee because of lifestyle...and some buy just because it looks dope. some consumers want a personal connection to a brand, and some want a good looking design. 

these general, feel good, pep talk statements don't always apply. 
May 8, 2013 @ 05:44 PM
Byh2o

Loving the design diversity of alot of the brands posted on here. Do most of you keep it in-house or hire out freelancers? 

character based designer run brand since two-thousand nine. www.PLAANT.net

May 8, 2013 @ 05:44 PM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

May 8, 2013 @ 05:51 PM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

May 8, 2013 @ 06:07 PM
segagenesis

When we post about Above Royalty Clothing we are simply sharing with the street wear community about how far we have come along, the future projects and shows we are attending.  We're not looking for advance or asking questions.   Years of research and planning for how we want Above Royalty to develop.  Our game plan has been very clear. 
Yeah yeah yeah, we get it. But this thread is called "Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread," not "We're a Company worth $500000 and We Don't Care About What You Have to Say About Our Design Thread."
May 8, 2013 @ 06:50 PM
Broken Bank Clo

How exactly does a "Pop Up"' shop work.
One aspect of this process I'm not fully aware of or know much about

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

Please login first to reply.