Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 24, 2012 @ 10:39 PM
rare01

Hey so ive been looking into designing and producing shirts for a couple months now and wanted to possibly get some information and tips from a couple of experience designers. I was wondering if many of you guys start your designs with paper and pencil or do you just go straight to the computer to draw? Also do alot of designer use tablets to draw designs? If someone could help me with these questions and some others that would be great. Thanks.

My advice is always start on paper if you are serious about it. Have your concepts on paper, pick the best ones then refine it using computer/ tablet. Goodluck @JIMMAY

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1
July 24, 2012 @ 11:46 PM
AndyRocksBluu

I have no clue how to post up pictures on here. but i just started a street wear brand.
the two releases we have are simple,we're trying to find our voice and not burn ourselves out before we come hard.
if anyone can give me some feed back it would be appreciated,if you like what you see give us a like!
thank you
www.Facebook.com/ThirdVisionclothing

Just a heads up. If your not going hard right out the gate then be prepared to get left behind (pause). The "I'm starting a clothing" market is so over saturated its not even funny. I'm not saying this to try and stop you or anything but giving you food for thought.

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

July 24, 2012 @ 11:56 PM
versemag

Go to Verse-life.com For blog updates on everything and check out the online shop here at verselife.bigcartel.com
July 25, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
rare01

I have no clue how to post up pictures on here. but i just started a street wear brand.
the two releases we have are simple,we're trying to find our voice and not burn ourselves out before we come hard.
if anyone can give me some feed back it would be appreciated,if you like what you see give us a like!
thank you

Just a heads up. If your not going hard right out the gate then be prepared to get left behind (pause). The "I'm starting a clothing" market is so over saturated its not even funny. I'm not saying this to try and stop you or anything but giving you food for thought.

true
July 25, 2012 @ 12:16 AM
wcfrontrvnners

Do you ship to the UK, want to get one!

What were you interested in, I'm sure we could arrange something

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

July 25, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
third

thank you

true

yeah,i get you. what i meant to say by coming out hard is that we spent months designing things that we in our own minds would see on future threads and not on them at the moment the two shirts we have at the moment basically speak "arrival" since we are about to contribute to such a diverse and competitive culture. but i see where you come from and we recognize it but i guess the statement earlier was a little off from what i meant,my friend is the graphic designer on board and he knows what hes doing off the top. if any of you guys need one let me know hes done Designs for a lot of people including some of the brands on karmaloop.
July 25, 2012 @ 04:50 AM
BSH

@bsh I Love the shirt I like the whole Concept and the shirt is pretty DOPE I plan on copping me one. But what does BRK actually stand for?

Hey thank you
BRK. is short for broke.

www.brkclothing.bigcartel.com
July 25, 2012 @ 05:40 AM
versemag

Ive always been interested in making my own clothing brand. Ive seen some pretty awesome stuff you guys have made. My question is, can someone lead me through the steps of making your own brand? Like how you make the brand/logo. Where you get the clothes to put the logo on. Then the steps of selling the clothing. PLEASE and thank you

Well it's no crystal stairs but um when you first start come up with an idea and to create a logo I use adobe illustrator and I print in my house. Also social networking works a lot and just work on networking and meeting new people and just push your brand heavy. Ps I use big cartel to sell
July 25, 2012 @ 06:02 AM
Jake Ocean

Ive always been interested in making my own clothing brand. Ive seen some pretty awesome stuff you guys have made. My question is, can someone lead me through the steps of making your own brand? Like how you make the brand/logo. Where you get the clothes to put the logo on. Then the steps of selling the clothing. PLEASE and thank you

Well it's no crystal stairs but um when you first start come up with an idea and to create a logo I use adobe illustrator and I print in my house. Also social networking works a lot and just work on networking and meeting new people and just push your brand heavy. Ps I use big cartel to sell
Thanks for the response. Whats big cartel? Is it a company that provides the clothing for you to print your logo on?

find out this information for your self

http://www.distantlight.co

July 25, 2012 @ 06:48 AM
minsct

Judging by this thread it seems as though making your own clothing line is the new 'hot thing' to do. In my opinion, all these kids on here asking for advice on names, how to operate, how to start, etc. really need to do their own research and develop some confidence. When I say research I mean get to know the industry. Know who leads the industry and begin to study why and how they lead it. Don't get me wrong though, thinking that you should copy your favorite brand is far from what you should be doing. Learn from them and develop your own style. Learn how to draw, design and use design programs. Start designing, even if you havn't started your brand yet. Open up a design library and save everything you make - practice is the only thing that will make you better. Put TIME into developing your brand before you launch it. I honestly hate seeing sub-par websites and half-ass'd mission statements - that shit will only hurt your reputation. If your going to join this industry that is already saturated with pure garbage, at least contribute to it with QUALITY. But lets get real, are you really gonna listen to your fellow industry competitor? I'm just some random shcmoe whose out there to produce better shit than you. Good luck homies.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

July 25, 2012 @ 07:27 AM
qrct1

Hey Guys

Starting my own clothing brand and currently looking into names before i get logos done and would like some feedback...

Outsiders Apparel
Outsiderz Apparel
Prime Ambition

Thats the names i like at the moment what do you all think?

if you need to ask people if they like the names, you probably should not do it. stick with your gut and don't rush it, be confident with it. choosing a name for your brand is like naming a baby.

Hey mate, thanks for the feedback, i loved the name 'Prime' but then when i done a quick search i relised it was already in use, so had to think of another name, im leaning towards 'Outsiders Apparel'.

How did everyone else come up with their brand names and what is the story behind the meanings?

I gotta agree that Outsiderz Apparel is a really dope name. It's catchy, it's original, bringing a fresh vibe to the table. It's definitely not something that's played out. I especially feel the "z" adds a sophisticated touch to the aesthetic of your brand. I mean that's gotta be swag authority right there. Like how you used "apparel" as if it's a flip off American Apparel. I like it a lot. Outsiderz Apparel is a name that really fits to a certain niche market out there. It's like your brand is for a select number of cool individuals. "Outsiderz" definitely illustrates a vision cast against the mainstream ideals. That's cool right there. Being an Outsider. Yeah we about dat Outsiderz life fo-sho-doe. We about dat underground anti-mainstream lyfe because we do what we want and don't take shit from other people right? Yeah so print out 100 tees that says "Outsiderz Apparel" and sell them outside your house and make sure you watch out! Bring your riot shields cuz these are going to sell out fast!

damn lol

how serious are you man..

aeterna13.com

July 25, 2012 @ 09:08 AM
rare01

Judging by this thread it seems as though making your own clothing line is the new 'hot thing' to do. In my opinion, all these kids on here asking for advice on names, how to operate, how to start, etc. really need to do their own research and develop some confidence. When I say research I mean get to know the industry. Know who leads the industry and begin to study why and how they lead it. Don't get me wrong though, thinking that you should copy your favorite brand is far from what you should be doing. Learn from them and develop your own style. Learn how to draw, design and use design programs. Start designing, even if you havn't started your brand yet. Open up a design library and save everything you make - practice is the only thing that will make you better. Put TIME into developing your brand before you launch it. I honestly hate seeing sub-par websites and half-ass'd mission statements - that shit will only hurt your reputation. If your going to join this industry that is already saturated with pure garbage, at least contribute to it with QUALITY. But lets get real, are you really gonna listen to your fellow industry competitor? I'm just some random shcmoe whose out there to produce better shit than you. Good luck homies.

You are absolutely right and who cares about those slapping random shit on a tee & calling it a brand !! No offense but I don't see your products having amazing built/craft/quality to judge though. ( hand-drawn thumbnail concepts ? Revisions ? critics ? fabric selections ? Samples? How "above-par" is your website? ) Hope you're staying true to what you say. Time separates the good from the bad ones so goodluck to you as well. @minsct

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1
July 25, 2012 @ 12:01 PM
third

If anyone needs a graphic designer hit up my boy,excellent work,he does everything
http://nelsonbdesign.com/
July 25, 2012 @ 02:42 PM
neliuss

Questions like this make me so sad...
July 25, 2012 @ 03:14 PM
minsct

(edit)

July 25, 2012 @ 03:16 PM
minsct

You are absolutely right and who cares about those slapping random shit on a tee & calling it a brand !! No offense but I don't see your products having amazing built/craft/quality to judge though. ( hand-drawn thumbnail concepts ? Revisions ? critics ? fabric selections ? Samples? How "above-par" is your website? ) Hope you're staying true to what you say. Time separates the good from the bad ones so goodluck to you as well. @minsct

I never stated that I have the most supreme quality products (yet). I've been in business for a little under 6 months and am a broke college student. I'd say my website is pretty fair quality for having virtually 0 startup capital, its nice, simple and clean (not bigcartel). In terms of my garments, we've hand drawn everything except for the 2 of the tee's. Take a look at our Universal visions hoodie (5 color print) - we take time to assemble our own style of color matching and such. In terms of fabric selection, we havn't even entered cut and sew yet due to high costs. In the process of making custom cut and sew hats (just wait). I'd say the material on my website is more what "above-par". We update our website more than 5 times a week with quality written material. Oh and homie, check out our mission statement and tell me that thought hasn't been put into this shit.

Funny that I find myself writing this in defense of your statement. The real proof will lie in who survives. Good luck to you aswell rare1.

July 25, 2012 @ 03:17 PM
projectxxiv

Hey guys! If anyone is interested in starting their own company and would like to look into buying out an already launched company, we are looking to sell our company and everything with it (brand name, inventory, website, emails, and all of the other pieces of hard work we put into this company over the last couple of years) at a very discounted price. The success has been great with the brand, but we are on to new ventures and not able to keep up with the time constraints of running our line. This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to start their company with a solid foundation and little money. Let me know if you have any interest at Contact@Projectxxiv.com and we can discuss further from there.

www.projectxxiv.com

July 25, 2012 @ 06:45 PM
sirespeaks

I pretty much need that "Don't Sweat the Technique" shirt in my life. Eric B. and Rakim references get me everytime.
Hey guys,

I have a new brand that I started earlier this year called The Braselton Club. Would love if some of you could check it out, lemme know what you think. You can get there at www.BraseltonClub.com! Thanks.. Here are some pictures from our latest shirts...

July 25, 2012 @ 07:19 PM
fraserprime

Hey Guys

Starting my own clothing brand and currently looking into names before i get logos done and would like some feedback...

Outsiders Apparel
Outsiderz Apparel
Prime Ambition

if you need to ask people if they like the names, you probably should not do it. stick with your gut and don't rush it, be confident with it. choosing a name for your brand is like naming a baby.

Hey mate, thanks for the feedback, i loved the name 'Prime' but then when i done a quick search i relised it was already in use, so had to think of another name, im leaning towards 'Outsiders Apparel'.

How did everyone else come up with their brand names and what is the story behind the meanings?

I gotta agree that Outsiderz Apparel is a really dope name. It's catchy, it's original, bringing a fresh vibe to the table. It's definitely not something that's played out. I especially feel the "z" adds a sophisticated touch to the aesthetic of your brand. I mean that's gotta be swag authority right there. Like how you used "apparel" as if it's a flip off American Apparel. I like it a lot. Outsiderz Apparel is a name that really fits to a certain niche market out there. It's like your brand is for a select number of cool individuals. "Outsiderz" definitely illustrates a vision cast against the mainstream ideals. That's cool right there. Being an Outsider. Yeah we about dat Outsiderz life fo-sho-doe. We about dat underground anti-mainstream lyfe because we do what we want and don't take shit from other people right? Yeah so print out 100 tees that says "Outsiderz Apparel" and sell them outside your house and make sure you watch out! Bring your riot shields cuz these are going to sell out fast!

damn lol

how serious are you man..

Cool man i will take your patronising negative feedback on board man, thanks!

you should try to stray away from ending the name with 'clothing' and 'apparel' and that stuff. OUTSIDERS.

Yeah thanks i think i will drop the 'apparel' it was just a thought.

The reason i am going for 'Outsiders' is not because ''It's like your brand is for a select number of cool individuals.'' I was a backpacker for 2 years and travelled Australia, Asia and South America mainly camping and trying to live on as little money as possible and I want to make designs and a brand around the art of travelling, living life outside your hometown and the beauty of what other countries and cultures have to offer, thanks man.
July 25, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
Argot Alexa

Anyone great with webdesign.. interested in making some $$ I need some pretty basic work done. and Im not the best at coding..

www.theargotiers.com

July 25, 2012 @ 08:06 PM
casein_point

Anyone great with webdesign.. interested in making some $$ I need some pretty basic work done. and Im not the best at coding..

PM me. I'm not exactly good with that but I have a friend who does some pretty nice work.
July 25, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
angelooo

STANDARDZ®
[ now available ]

+ + +

July 25, 2012 @ 10:42 PM
Frank_

@angelooo I like the red sticker any way to cop just the red or I'll send you some of mine for yours?
July 25, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
Angry Chair

Hey Guys

Outsiders Apparel
Outsiderz Apparel
Prime Ambition

i saw a line called Outsider Clothing already so maybe switch it up a lil like OUTSDRZ or something..... ?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifist-Fight- Wear/198022430260055

July 25, 2012 @ 10:44 PM
Frank_

@gramsongrams did the shirt get to you ... And I'll be sending you a pin and some stickers ASAP since they came in
July 25, 2012 @ 11:14 PM
aaronstrdywngs

Just thought id post the link to our discussion thread. Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/fashion-brands/forum/topic/176649/?#post-3573065

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

July 26, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
Broken Bank Clo

Pretty much posting these to show y'all what not to do lol. Got the photos back from our recent shoot. Lighting was bad and background was off. So we are doing it all over again.
But it was a good experience playing around and learning some stuff.
I'm also in the process of "recreating" the brand and establishing the name more. Something I should have done in the beginning but got side tracked with trying to fund the brand. But oh well. I have already broke even with all the money spent and have extra to spare. The Summer/Fall line from my perspective goes way harder then my recent mediocre stuff. Just happy I had this reality check sooner then later.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

July 26, 2012 @ 01:43 AM
Angry Chair

couple new graphics... any feedback ?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifist-Fight- Wear/198022430260055

July 26, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
minsct

couple new graphics... any feedback ?

Not digging the flames deal, too ed hardy / biker gang shit in my opinion. Also, the whole brass knuckles theme has already been done by 10 deep in my opinion. Good luck trying to lay stake after they have seen such huge success.

On a lighter note, keep at it dude. You will only get better.

July 26, 2012 @ 02:20 AM
HarborCo

ay everyone who is listening...
Starting a local Baltimore brand with my friend. We will hopefully have some pocket tees by late october, early november.

We just made a facebook page, and we would really appreciate the support if you could like it.
http://www.facebook.com/harborgoods

We will hopefully have some preliminary ideas for the tees up in the next week or so. Also, we need help coming up with a logo. If anyone is up for it, shoot me an email with like a cool logo design or whatever, that would be sweet.

garpres@comcast.net

The brand is called Harbor, or Harbor Goods, Harbor Ltd., etc

we would really appreciate the support.

Peace!

Garrett

http://harbor.storenvy.com/

Please login first to reply.