Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
November 2, 2010 @ 04:42 PM
drifter

Here's my issue with KarmaLoop and it basically touches on what the OP stated.

I've read the about me of KarmaLoop, read interviews the owner did explaining the company etc. and on their website it states

"Karmaloop was founded in 1999 to battle the evil forces of McFashion. In a world populated by Abercrombie Zombies Karmaloop was created to provide a universally accessible alternative"

One could easily argue, that KarmaLoop has created what it set out to destroy. Now streetwear is very mainstream and now those kids who wear Abercrombie are wearing TITS tshirts also.

The OP has a point, but it seems its fallen on deaf ears and nowadays any negative criticism is hate.

I use to shop on KarmaLoop excessively, when the brands were more what I was looking for. So this criticism isn't coming from someone who never gave it a chance or just wants to trash talk.
November 2, 2010 @ 10:50 PM
E74

The only brand worth wearing that karmaloops carries is black scale.

Other than that?

Nada.

co-sign. but crooks is tight too tho.
November 3, 2010 @ 12:32 AM
LMCrep

I've read the about me of KarmaLoop, read interviews the owner did explaining the company etc. and on their website it states

"Karmaloop was founded in 1999 to battle the evil forces of McFashion. In a world populated by Abercrombie Zombies Karmaloop was created to provide a universally accessible alternative"

One could easily argue, that KarmaLoop has created what it set out to destroy. Now streetwear is very mainstream and now those kids who wear Abercrombie are wearing TITS tshirts also.

The OP has a point, but it seems its fallen on deaf ears and nowadays any negative criticism is hate.

I use to shop on KarmaLoop excessively, when the brands were more what I was looking for. So this criticism isn't coming from someone who never gave it a chance or just wants to trash talk.

real talk.

i still fuck with what one might call "street wear," but it isn't anything -- except for the RARE article of clothing -- that you'd find at KarmaLoop.

Almost everything they now sell is poseur shit, only a few steps higher than what I can grab at Urban Outfitters.

Hell, it's arguable that you can come out of Urban Outfitters with a fresher fit than what you'd find at KarmaLoop.

I'm not dissing the company or the people who work for it. Make that money!

Except for Black Scale, I just don't cop anything from there.

I used to fuck with their Triumvir joints, but I grab better Triumvir releases from other places.
November 3, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
LMCrep

co-sign. but crooks is tight too tho.

word.

i was a big crooks head back in the day, and i still love the company and what they're doing, but that shit became hood wear real quick.

too many wannabe thugs rock it.

but that's probably unavoidable since it's called 'crooks.'
November 3, 2010 @ 12:42 AM
TH9

All of these labels have been featured multiple times on HB before. If this is not a forum to discuss what has been featured on the front page, I don't know what it is.

"Hypebeast is the most read fashion news and information outlet. Hypebeast is updated several times per day with the latest news on fashion and culture."

- It is wrong to discuss some of the greatest fashion houses and designers here? razzrazzrazz

HB reports on it, the HB forum ignores most all of it. Visvim, NBHD, and Dior get quite a lot of attention but far less than stuff like Nike, Supreme... and I doubt that anything more than a majority is interested in Burberry and I doubt that many people even know what julius_7 is on here. HB is more of a streetwear culture, you'd probably want to check out SuFu or something if you expect people to get a rise out of your name-dropping.
November 4, 2010 @ 11:52 AM
SOmuchGREEN

real talk.

I still fuck with what one might call "street wear," but it isn't anything -- except for the rare article of clothing -- that you'd find at karmaloop.

Almost everything they now sell is poseur shit, only a few steps higher than what i can grab at urban outfitters.

Hell, it's arguable that you can come out of urban outfitters with a fresher fit than what you'd find at karmaloop.

I'm not dissing the company or the people who work for it. Make that money!

Except for black scale, i just don't cop anything from there.

I used to fuck with their triumvir joints, but i grab better triumvir releases from other places.

karma loop is so so at best!!
November 4, 2010 @ 04:13 PM
SimplyLuck

Agreed. I never find shit on Karmaloop. But then again I never find anything I like anywhere...
November 5, 2010 @ 04:00 AM
NomNom

karmaloop is a decent place to look if your having problems finding stuff on a companys website. ive been able to find stuff on KL after for instance, diamond ran outta my size for the born in the bay shirt
November 5, 2010 @ 04:38 PM
RighteousJorge

i like turtles
November 7, 2010 @ 05:15 PM
shhh

Even though you're a hater, I feel what you're sayin. In my humble opinion, it's no different than Zumiez or those other shit mail order stores because they whore out brand names. Any suburban kid with no sense of style could jack mom's credit card, go to Karmaloop, and order a whole bunch of logo shit to be part of the "street scene". "I'm wearing Crooks & Castles, while you ♥♥♥♥♥s are still wearing your Pac Sun shit. I'm the flyest mofo around".
November 7, 2010 @ 05:15 PM
shhh

And don't get me wrong, some of the stuff on KL is aight.
November 10, 2010 @ 03:35 AM
anthonyh02

agree with the post title haha
November 10, 2010 @ 09:03 AM
karakter1

you guys cant be serious knocking the brands that Karmaloop carry!!

all of these brands where once the talk of all of streetwear: Hundreds, Crooks, 10deep, LRG, Benny Gold, Diamond, Black Scale, Triumvr.....all of these brands are ( or once were) on Karmaloop. All of these brands stay true to their design aesthetic and product quality! All of these brands continue to be very successful!

Maybe you have moved on to v-neck tees, but to knock the store because your taste in tees has evolved is stupid.
November 11, 2010 @ 08:24 AM
Cboom

^Totally missed it.
November 13, 2010 @ 01:44 AM
EC

i know this sounds haterish, but all of my friends agree: karmaloop is wack as FUCK.

straight wack, with only the RAREST gem to be found.

you MIGHT, on the off chance, come across something that you'll want to buy.

but most of the shit there is garbage, the type of clothes that fakers wear.

i can see the jersey shore dudes rocking some of that shit, thinking that they're hip to so-called "streetwear" and upscale fashion.

to me, karmaloop is the tjmax of streetwear, pushing crap brands that just look entirely thoughtless in their conception.

who the fuck carries crooks and castles anymore?

oh, karmaloop does.

lol..

this has to be the dumbest shit ive heard all night.
the sell some good gear.
what about 10deep Comune Mishka Rvca Huf Alphanumeric Blackscale In4m Wesc Alife
your a fool quit hatin
November 23, 2010 @ 02:45 PM
goldANDsacks

that's the flaw with basing something on exclusivity or alternative lifestyles. if you want to stay credible, you almost have to not be successful. that's what happened to BAPE. BAPE blew the fuck up. now nobody respects it.
November 23, 2010 @ 04:10 PM
TH9

Bape is still the shit in Asia. Just saying. I don't mess with it though.

ecsendit I'd say half of the brands you listed are utter trash, and half of those were never good to begin with.
November 23, 2010 @ 07:17 PM
stevennD

Obey ♥♥♥♥♥.

Please login first to reply.