Battlefield 3 Official Discussion Thread

Dec 21, 2011 @ 22:11
picked up this game recently, any tutorials on how to fly the jets?
Dec 22, 2011 @ 00:09
B2K is fuckin awesome! Gulf of Omen and Strike At Karkand are deff my favorite maps out of the expansion.

does anyone know if a server is set up yet to play on only the new maps?

You can adjust that on the filter...

thanks but only CQ and Rush are open. Anyone know if/when the TDM B2K servers will open? I mean, they're there, but always empty -__-
picked up this game recently, any tutorials on how to fly the jets?

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=Wi4qDtxiFtA&s=1
Dec 22, 2011 @ 03:24
appreciate it......
Dec 31, 2011 @ 02:43
anyone got for pc? i need friends to conquest with.
Dec 31, 2011 @ 04:00
how does this compare to the call of duty series?black ops should keep me busy for awhile but would it be more fun to get bf3 as my next fps as opposed to another cod?
Dec 31, 2011 @ 16:56
^^^lol

finally reached colonel... to be fair, I only played on thursdays.. been a busy man smokeyface

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

Dec 31, 2011 @ 20:36
Squad Deathmatch is a piece of shit. My W/L dropped by .7 just to not get the L85. Fucking.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

Dec 31, 2011 @ 20:54
^you aint missing out on anything. the l85 sucks.
Dec 31, 2011 @ 20:57
Doesn't seem like it, i picked it up from a dead teammate, then rev'd him, it was fucking amazing.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

Inactive User

Dec 31, 2011 @ 22:02
i've been trying to get the auto shotty since last night. i'm having a hell of a time finding a game to get the BTR kills

edit- got it!
Jan 08, 2012 @ 06:36
anyone play this game on pc?
Jan 09, 2012 @ 05:17
go back to bf2

While there's life there is hope, only the dead have none.

Jan 10, 2012 @ 00:22
which one of you is fabitags on PS3? we played the other day smokeyface

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

Jan 10, 2012 @ 01:00
I don't think he's on here that much anymore... he used to play with me infamous back int he day a lot on MW2...
Jan 10, 2012 @ 01:33
I don't think he's on here that much anymore... he used to play with me infamous back int he day a lot on MW2...

Oh weird, he messaged me and said he was from here so I added him and we played for a bit. Anyone on PS3 add me and we can play smokeyface

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/chrisosaurus_rex/stats/275820807/ps3/

Jan 11, 2012 @ 06:55
bf3 is best on a pc, its not designed for console

Jan 11, 2012 @ 07:00
bf3 jets suck compared to bf2 jets
peep dis, some real dogfighting shit
*note that this is not a 'dance'. its just the way to DF properly

#realniggashit

Jan 11, 2012 @ 07:12
i am beyond whack with jets i can't even get flares yet.

edit: Doobie you got it for pc? add me bruh.
Jan 11, 2012 @ 07:18
yeah i got it for pc but i dont play it anymore, went back to bf2

Jan 11, 2012 @ 09:40
I got my jet service star earlier tonight. Real pain in the ass.

Inactive User

Jan 11, 2012 @ 11:02
i found it to be harder flying the jets on ps3. maybe i'm just more used to an xbox controller now, but the length of the analog sticks made it difficult for me. i could run and gun with the best of em mind you.
Jan 15, 2012 @ 13:10

Yeh, It really is.

Jets are fun when you get used to them, but they're definitely not for people who want a lot of points. So much work to stay up there, take down enemy jets, spot, disable tanks, and you'll still more than likely be near the bottom of the scoreboard.

Oh well, it's still fun.
Jan 16, 2012 @ 03:38
sometimes when I play and respawn far as fuck, all I see is flies moving around in the sky and chasing each other like idiots, I mean flying a jet is dope, but If you want to get in the action use a gun, if you want to use a jet or a tank get some game like this

or get in my level like this game

just kidding flying a jet is hard in bf3

I want to see the world burn

Jan 16, 2012 @ 05:40

Yeh, It really is.

Jets are fun when you get used to them, but they're definitely not for people who want a lot of points. So much work to stay up there, take down enemy jets, spot, disable tanks, and you'll still more than likely be near the bottom of the scoreboard.

Oh well, it's still fun.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

Inactive User

Jan 16, 2012 @ 07:13
crazy gameplay. i've been using the guided missles since i unlocked them. not very effective honestly. get some disables, but it takes so long to reload dudes are usually repaired or destroyed by someone else by then. after seeing that video it looks like i'll be going back to the rocket pods.
Jan 16, 2012 @ 15:29
Speaking of which, a jet pilot with rocket pods could've taken care of these guys. But he probably didn't know they were there w/o anyone telling him.

It's still cool to see all those missiles chase the helicopters tho.

Jan 17, 2012 @ 00:59
I gave up on the soflam because no one would shoot the targets I marked. Apparently people on PS3 can't figure out what to do to the big red box in the sky. I went back to the MAV and I'll use the CITV station on tanks to mark targets if the driver has guided shells.

Jan 17, 2012 @ 21:51
You can easily get 20+ kills with a jet if youknow what youre doing. sadly I don't lol
Jan 18, 2012 @ 00:48
i watch youtube videos of people destroying everything in jets, they see an enemy jet & then kill it in like 3 seconds of shooting. i have yet to get a jet kill, just a bunch of hit markers & some disable/destroys. :/
Jan 18, 2012 @ 01:16
The main reason I don't like jets is because they take two people off the Battlefield, and even with as much time as I've put into this game, I have never once seen a jet pilot pull the kind of shit you see on YouTube. All I ever see is 4 jets chasing each other for an entire round or crashing into mountainsides.

On PC it's probably not a big deal, but on console when it's only 12 on 12, losing two guys to jets for an entire round sucks. It especially sucks because the maps that have jets also have attack helicopters, so you actually lose 4 guys to air vehicles. 8 people on the ground on a map like Caspian Border is shitty.

I don't think jets should've been in this game at all, but if they have to have them, I think it should be one jet per side like the Rush maps.

Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0