Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 3, 2014 @ 07:20 PM
jerad

yeah rust also mentioned the kids saying the guy chasing them through the woods had green ears? the lawn mower dude obviously has something to do with it as he refers to his family being around for a really long time; the ledoux's
March 3, 2014 @ 07:41 PM
Pantic

Lawnmower guy seems like a good fit to me. He looks mad creepy, seems pretty simple and would work as some twisted cult type killer. Obviously he isn't the highest part of the chain tho, with all their influence he's probably just the showman who does all the nasty shit for the bosses to watch.
March 3, 2014 @ 08:09 PM
isthistobe

thinking the sheriff that fired rust is the yellow king, maybe he was onto rust trying to go out of his way to break the case that he got intimidated and let his ass go before he got on to him?
March 3, 2014 @ 08:43 PM
jaded

thinking the sheriff that fired rust is the yellow king, maybe he was onto rust trying to go out of his way to break the case that he got intimidated and let his ass go before he got on to him?
I don't think so. Rust's boss at the time of his suspension is probably just a pawn in this whole thing and does as he's told. Rust said in last night's episode that he was suspended after his meeting with Billy Tuttle. Billy Tuttle's cousin was governor of the state. When Rust got too close for comfort, Billy Tuttle made a call and Rust was suspended. 

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

March 3, 2014 @ 11:20 PM
Pantic

Show is rated 9.5 on imdb right now, thats pretty crazy. Along with Kevin Spacey in House of cards and woody/matthew in this, both shows getting so much recognition, i think we can expect alot of big time stars to appear as the main cast of future shows. I bet a ton of celebrities are flocking to get cast for season 2 of this show.
March 4, 2014 @ 12:05 AM
*ER!C

Interesting, because i read somewhere that the name Leroy, is actually French for "The King".  The more i think about Errol being the killer, the less i believe it.  Although I can see it being him, I believe the writers are trying to steer us in that direction and then surprise us in the end.  I haven't been this hyped over a show in a minute!  Sucks there's only 1 episode left ..
March 4, 2014 @ 03:35 AM
art vandelay

Show is rated 9.5 on imdb right now, thats pretty crazy. Along with Kevin Spacey in House of cards and woody/matthew in this, both shows getting so much recognition, i think we can expect alot of big time stars to appear as the main cast of future shows. I bet a ton of celebrities are flocking to get cast for season 2 of this show.
yeah a lot of movie actors are starting to do tv shows. since this show doesn't use the same characters each season they'd be able to get a bunch of big names, since they don't have to fully commit to it. 
March 4, 2014 @ 04:36 AM
jlx58

March 9, 2014 @ 09:03 PM
*ER!C

we out tonight my nikkas cool
March 10, 2014 @ 02:16 AM
It's Only Hype

damn cool
March 10, 2014 @ 03:29 AM
PersianRugs

Had a good feeling they weren't going to tie up all the loose ends and answer all the questions.

Great ending to a solid season. Who should be in the next season?
March 10, 2014 @ 03:38 AM
Beach2theBay

That's crazy how no one saw his scars at all. I had a feeling it was the landscaper after the last episode when the black cops rolled off after asking him a question.
March 10, 2014 @ 04:17 AM
Rekuso

i'm a little disappointed they really never touched onto the yellow king/who ever those 5 men were. maybe next season will connect back to it?

it was still a good finale though. the scene where rust is going through that cave/tunnel was creepy AF

http://instagram.com/quinnrekuso

March 10, 2014 @ 04:18 AM
isthistobe

that was fucking intense 
March 10, 2014 @ 04:19 AM
isthistobe

i'm a little disappointed they really never touched onto the yellow king/who ever those 5 men were. maybe next season will connect back to it?

it was still a good finale though. the scene where rust is going through that cave/tunnel was creepy AF
fuck yeah, you think the two niggas are gonna get into the case as well?
March 10, 2014 @ 05:29 AM
GxoctFace

coolcoolcool
I feel like the next season is gonna be about the tuttles.

ig: @christiangxn // http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/213748

March 10, 2014 @ 06:38 AM
art vandelay

^ I think all the seasons are gonna be completely, or at least mostly unrelated. didn't know how to feel about that before but now I kinda want to see a new setting, new characters, new serial killer
finale was okay, the dialogue at the end was really good. a little disappointed that there were no surprises at all, but at the same time it was good that they didn't try to force a plot twist
March 10, 2014 @ 06:47 AM
Moises Arias

some mysteries are better left unanswered. with only 8 episodes im glad they only focused on catching one killer

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

March 10, 2014 @ 05:55 PM
jaded

I don't think the Yellow King is a person, it's what they worship. Something they believe exists in some form and something they serve. Errol refers to Reggie and Dewall as his acolytes when they're in Carcosa.

Errol was one of the men, and when he had Rust in Carcosa, he says Reggie and Dewall "beared witness" or something like that, so it's possible that they were two of the five. That still leaves a couple out there somewhere, but like Marty told Rust, being able to catch them all isn't the world they live in.

Some of you are still under the impression that next season will be a continuation of this story. It's not going to be. It's an anthology. Next season will be a new cast and new case. 

March 10, 2014 @ 06:16 PM
bulmasaur

McConaughey gonna get his Emmy next cool
March 10, 2014 @ 07:22 PM
*ER!C

felt a little unsatisfied with the ending .. fuck it though, still a strong season 1
March 10, 2014 @ 08:08 PM
jaded

March 10, 2014 @ 10:54 PM
jlx58

Anyone else notice that scar at the top of Errol's back at 1:03? Is that suppose to be a crown?
March 11, 2014 @ 12:56 AM
Bet

Anyone else notice that scar at the top of Errol's back at 1:03? Is that suppose to be a crown?
No, it was the reoccurring spiral branded into his back.

March 11, 2014 @ 01:01 AM
jaded

Yeah, Reggie had it too, and I can only assume that Dewall probably had one as well. That was their symbol. 

March 11, 2014 @ 01:03 AM
jaded

Also, for anyone who had trouble understanding Errol talking to Rust in Carcosa, this is what he said:

Come on inside, little priest. To your right, little priest. Take the bride's path. This is Carcosa. You know what they did to me? Hmm? What I will do to all the sons and daughters of man. You blessed Reggie...Dewall... Acolytes. Witnesses to my journey. Lovers. I am not ashamed. Come die with me, little priest. Now take off your mask!

March 11, 2014 @ 01:26 AM
Bet

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/true-detective-season-2-to-tackle-transit-systems-occult-history-20140310
Wow, wonder who they are casting as the lead women, going to be interesting to see what they do with the with the rail road or bus system.
March 11, 2014 @ 05:32 AM
jaded

Kind of disappointed it'll be a new director next season as well, but I guess they don't want to get locked into a specific style. 

March 11, 2014 @ 07:07 AM
Bet

Yeah, the next season has to some pretty high standards to catch up to, Mcconaughey, Harrelson, and Pizzolatto killed it.
March 11, 2014 @ 09:05 AM
Bigswig

Kind of disappointed it'll be a new director next season as well, but I guess they don't want to get locked into a specific style. 
As long as they keep the same director for each ep of the season it should be fine. Also hard to follow up on those big naturals in ep2.

Also thought of this when I saw the swirls

Please login first to reply.