Funkmaster Flex Claps Back at Drake for Hot 97 Diss

“70 percent of your fans wear high-heels, the other 30 percent are guys who wear sandals.”

Music 
149 Hypes 0 Comments

Funkmaster Flex was interviewed on Hot 97 Saturday night to talk about Drake’s Hot 97 diss during the NYC stop of his ‘Summer Sixteen’ tour. Flex assured listeners that he was not going to lose his job because of Drake’s comments “Because 70 percent of [his] fans wear high-heels, the other 30 percent are guys who wear sandals.” Flex then went on to tell the story behind Drake’s BlackBerry footage as well has what he thinks about the ghostwriting allegations.

“You wanted people to think that you write your bars, you wanted people to think that on that BlackBerry those [words] were yours, and that you wrote that. I see through you. And that’s why you so angry. [...] Let me tell you something, Drizzy. You know what you should’ve just done, bruh? Reference tracks came, you should’ve just said, ‘Bruh, I got a couple people who help me with a couple things and keep it moving. It doesn’t change you.”

Listen to the full audio below.

Read Full Article

What to Read Next

Funkmaster Flex Speaks on Drake and Meek Mill Beef, "I Wanted to Be in the History Book"
Music

Funkmaster Flex Speaks on Drake and Meek Mill Beef, "I Wanted to Be in the History Book"

There appears to be some kind of miscommunication.

Swizz Beatz To Honor DMX With Historic Tribute at HOT 97's Summer Jam Festival
Music

Swizz Beatz To Honor DMX With Historic Tribute at HOT 97's Summer Jam Festival

DaBaby, Polo G, Meek Mill, Migos and more will also perform.

Take Another Look at Drake's NOCTA x Nike Hot Step Air Terra
Footwear

Take Another Look at Drake's NOCTA x Nike Hot Step Air Terra

Coming in a clean “White/Chrome” colorway.


Consequence Aims at Drake in Diss Track "Party Time"
Music

Consequence Aims at Drake in Diss Track "Party Time"

“A problem with Drake only gives me more strength.”

Tea Club Scheme Team Enlists Larry Clark, Erin D. Garcia & More for Cap Range
Fashion

Tea Club Scheme Team Enlists Larry Clark, Erin D. Garcia & More for Cap Range

Seven designs by seven creatives.

The Rock Previews His First Under Armour Signature Sneaker
Footwear

The Rock Previews His First Under Armour Signature Sneaker

Check out the shoe here.

XLARGE's 2016 Fall Lookbook Is Made up Entirely of GIFs
Fashion

XLARGE's 2016 Fall Lookbook Is Made up Entirely of GIFs

Graphic-heavy designs juxtaposed with classic workwear staples.

Pizza ATMs Are About to Be the Next Big Food Machine Craze
Food & Beverage

Pizza ATMs Are About to Be the Next Big Food Machine Craze

The first one will be placed on a college campus.

Han Kjøbenhavn 2016 Fall/Winter Lookbook
Fashion

Han Kjøbenhavn 2016 Fall/Winter Lookbook

The latest range is inspired by suburban athletic club wear.


Vans Releases Exclusive Apparel and Footwear Collection for Nordstrom
Fashion

Vans Releases Exclusive Apparel and Footwear Collection for Nordstrom

Featuring a range of reworked classics.

Wu-Tang Album Owner Martin Shkreli Is Dropping Project of His Own
Music

Wu-Tang Album Owner Martin Shkreli Is Dropping Project of His Own

“Pharma Bro” claims to have beats from Just Blaze, Scott Storch and Timbaland.

Naomi Campbell Fronts Rihanna's FENTY PUMA 2016 Fall/Winter Campaign
Fashion

Naomi Campbell Fronts Rihanna's FENTY PUMA 2016 Fall/Winter Campaign

The iconic supermodel rocks new FENTY pieces.

'Pokémon GO' Is Now Live in 15 More Countries
Entertainment

'Pokémon GO' Is Now Live in 15 More Countries

But not China, India or Korea.

More Than 40 Injured After Rail Collapse at Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Concert
Music 

More Than 40 Injured After Rail Collapse at Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Concert

50 people fall 10 feet down after security barrier collapses.

More ▾
 
Subscribe to our Newsletter

Gain access to exclusive interviews with industry creatives, think pieces, trend forecasts, guides and more.

By subscribing, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Adblock Detected.

We charge advertisers instead of our readers. If you enjoy our content, please add us to your adblocker's whitelist. We'd really appreciated it.