Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 2, 2007 @ 07:13 PM
Like_Clockwork

whats better illustator or ps?
October 2, 2007 @ 07:59 PM
Ozone

illustrator...
October 2, 2007 @ 10:29 PM
Like_Clockwork

illustrators a pain in the ass to use
October 2, 2007 @ 10:35 PM
SNKRHLC OG

If you plan on screen printing, I would recommend illustrator or coreldraw. Its easier to seperate the colors and you get sharp vector lines. I use coreldraw personally. I have illustrator and I'm still trying to master it...
October 2, 2007 @ 10:49 PM
Like_Clockwork

If you plan on screen printing, I would recommend illustrator or coreldraw. Its easier to seperate the colors and you get sharp vector lines. I use coreldraw personally. I have illustrator and I'm still trying to master it...

so im guessing coreldraw is more user friendly cuz illustrators just stupid
October 2, 2007 @ 10:54 PM
Ozone

they both have a learning curve... either one is good tho, you just have to learn to use it.
October 2, 2007 @ 10:58 PM
Like_Clockwork

well i'll try out coreldraw and see whatever i find better bleh PS is so easy though
October 3, 2007 @ 01:27 AM
Ramon Diaz

you can't say illustrator sucks just b/c you don't know how to use it

illustrator has been used in this industry for a number of years so why wouldn't it be good?
October 3, 2007 @ 05:19 PM
Hellah Fresh

Coreldraw is easy to use at least thats what i used in HS. But most main stream companies use illustrater or PS?
October 3, 2007 @ 05:35 PM
Like_Clockwork

you can't say illustrator sucks just b/c you don't know how to use it

illustrator has been used in this industry for a number of years so why wouldn't it be good?

im not saying it sucks i just wish it was a little easier to use ya dig
October 3, 2007 @ 05:38 PM
GSTUDIOS

illustator is easy enough for me

just draw on paper, pop it in the scanner and trace over it

ToonBoom Studio is what we use at the office and its real easy for me to use now but you might think its too hard. imo, its the best for drawing.

i work on both TB and Ill

just do Illustrator, learn it, and enjoy it
October 3, 2007 @ 06:25 PM
Like_Clockwork

all right thanks
October 3, 2007 @ 07:11 PM
SNKRHLC OG

Yeah, I wouldnt knock Illustrator, its the standard for the industry tho alot of smaller screen printers tend to use coreldraw...learn either one and enjoy the program.
October 3, 2007 @ 10:04 PM
ex's

whats the main difference between the two? ive been using photoshop but some shit i just cant figure out.
October 3, 2007 @ 10:14 PM
TTG518x

personally, i use a mixture of illustrator and photoshop. although i'm sure there are things that illustrator can do, i usually vector stuff out there and then move to photoshop because i haven't learned it all yet. photoshop may be "easier" but the whole reason both programs exist is because they do different things!
October 3, 2007 @ 10:38 PM
GSTUDIOS

personally, i use a mixture of illustrator and photoshop. although i'm sure there are things that illustrator can do, i usually vector stuff out there and then move to photoshop because i haven't learned it all yet. photoshop may be "easier" but the whole reason both programs exist is because they do different things!

well said

photoshop... EDITS PHOTOS

illustrator... DESIGNS

go w/ ill
October 3, 2007 @ 11:03 PM
kyoru

you can design in photoshop, but your going to have a hard time enlarging your design if you deceide to change sizes. illustrator is your best bet, take the time to learn it, it will help you in the long run
October 3, 2007 @ 11:30 PM
Like_Clockwork

thanks guys
October 5, 2007 @ 12:57 AM
Ramon Diaz

photoshop = pixel work

illustrator = vector work

you CAN design in photoshop but it all depends on what's the outcome of the design you want.

you say that want illustrator to be easier, well get used to the program and it'll be easy. that is said about everything.

peace
October 5, 2007 @ 07:38 PM
Coz

photoshop is made to work on raster images. illustrator is made to work on vectors. they are designed to be used together. you really shouldn't be using either one by itself, learning to use both together will open a whole new realm of possibilities.
October 6, 2007 @ 01:55 PM
jst

yep, start with illustrator...i started with corel draw but i'm learning illustrator at the moment and have to say that the possibilities are bigger, especially when you also work with ps or flash or other adobe products (good integration)
October 6, 2007 @ 02:16 PM
FULLER

Here's my two cents. Personally, I implement both of them. I use the "livetrace" function a lot in Illustrator, but do most of my design editing in Photoshop. I mean, if you're just screen printing on shirts, you don't have to have one million percent perfect resolution. At the end of the day, ink is going to look like ink. That's just my opinion of course. Obviously you want the best resolution possible, but it doesn't have to be absolutely perfect. Just make sure your design is spot on. Go with whatever is most comfortable, but try to master it.

Please login first to reply.