September 30, 2007 @ 08:45 PM
2Fresh2Clean

I am looking to build my website/online store, but I have been getting some crazy quotes from web designers. One woman quoted me $10,000 at first then $4,000 (that was here lowest price)! Other people have quoted me hundreds of dollars. All this for a site that doesn't require flash! How much should I pay for a simple website?
September 30, 2007 @ 08:47 PM
Ozone

its going to be expensive unless you find a friend that does it...
or maybe if your stuff is good enough you might be able to find someone who is willing to get paid in clothes...
other than that, i would it yourself..
September 30, 2007 @ 09:14 PM
YungBrooklyn

Well i can always do it, but the most i can do is make the template for it. Which is just how it will look. Then you need someone to code it, which means turn it into html and make the links and the store work and all.

If you want a template ill make it for real cheap, but then youll need someone to code it.
September 30, 2007 @ 09:26 PM
2Fresh2Clean

^^Thanks, but I need someone to handle everything. I have enough to handle as it is. Also, what if something goes wrong, I need someone who knows what to do. So is $4000 a fair price?
September 30, 2007 @ 09:39 PM
SNKRHLC OG

If you're just now getting started, go through bigcartel and the money you'll save, spend it on advertisement...
September 30, 2007 @ 09:44 PM
YungBrooklyn

Im sure you can also buy already made and coded templates. There allot cheaper than 4000.

You can also hire the guy, 4000 is allot but if it pays off then its ok.
September 30, 2007 @ 09:45 PM
Ozone

If you're just now getting started, go through bigcartel and the money you'll save, spend it on advertisement...

If I was you, i would do that... most bigcartel stores look good and professional smile
September 30, 2007 @ 10:57 PM
kyoru

^^Thanks, but I need someone to handle everything. I have enough to handle as it is. Also, what if something goes wrong, I need someone who knows what to do. So is $4000 a fair price?

If you want a custom online store your looking at some pricey packages then, you should look at sites that have a web store set up already so you don't have to pay anything. eg. bigcartel
October 1, 2007 @ 01:46 AM

Inactive

I got my website designed and coded for $200, and You can always use BigCartel as your online store. Franco Shade uses it, and for $10 a month for a decent package, or Free for 6 items or less, you cant beat it.

If you want my contacts for the web designer let me know.
October 1, 2007 @ 01:50 PM
dagig

my friend does this if u want me to recommend u
October 1, 2007 @ 03:02 PM
2Fresh2Clean

I think that I am going to give Bigcartel a shot, but I will also get some quotes from some of the people you guys PM'ed me with (Good looking out on that too fellas). We need to do more networking here on HB!!!
October 1, 2007 @ 05:54 PM
MBond

I PMed you I did my site which is run by a Flash shopping cart, I definetly aint gonna charge you in the thousands, and you can always get at me to add new items and stuff for a decent price. I can even host it since I got tons of space on my host, I do Flash sites but aint gonna charge anyone in the thousands unless its something really crazy that they want.
October 1, 2007 @ 07:59 PM
stoneyave

4000 aint bad for a custom e-commerce website without flash. you most likely want to include an admin panel where you can add product or update the blog or do minor updates by yourself. admin panels cost more but you would not have to pay for minor updates that the designer would have to do which usually cost 50-100 per hour. website are not cheap. these 200, 500, 1000 dollar sites look like 200 dollar sites. if you want some professional looking stuff you gonna have to pay.

none of ya'll sites look professional at all. them sites looks like them wack ass ms paint tee shirt designs (on hypebeast forums) if they were translated into a website. straight ugly.
October 2, 2007 @ 05:58 PM
Konfused

hit us up we can do webwork for you. we have a full portfolio of sites that we have done.

Please login first to reply.