September 7, 2010 @ 11:47 PM
V.Lopez

no i dont right now. right out of high school i went to estudiantes. spent some time there with the u18/19/20's and reserves and then came home. just been playing all over since hoping to get overseas at some point...asap now bc time is running out. i play with kids from USF and know alot of them and i cud make the team but like most college coaches the usf coach is a cocksucker as well.
September 8, 2010 @ 06:55 AM
kalisto

no i dont right now. right out of high school i went to estudiantes. spent some time there with the u18/19/20's and reserves and then came home. just been playing all over since hoping to get overseas at some point...asap now bc time is running out. i play with kids from USF and know alot of them and i cud make the team but like most college coaches the usf coach is a cocksucker as well.

21 is very old. As you have played for Estudiantes, maybe your education is not completely worthless to a european coach, no offense intended. I don't know about open tryouts, my club never had them. We invited players from Brazil, Argentina etc. and then tested them. I think I ended a lot of carrers there, as I'm a centre back and we would always start a tryout with a reality check. You would get three tries to get past me into a 5mx5m box behind me. First time I'd bodycheck you so hard that it would be considered a foul at least. Most players from South America couldn't handle that impression and would approach me faint-hearted in their next two tries. However, if you would ignore that and keep trying with full force or even feed on that and get more aggressive, you would be that 10% that our scouts look for ;). As easy as that... European football is incredibly, incredibly fast (you can never tell from the TV pictures), and unbelievably rough. If you're a rather small and light player, you actually spend more time at the physio than at home. I think I have broken my little fingers and ring fingers like .. 14 or 15 times in 10 years, the constant pulling and pushing, .. and as I was a rather massive player, the smaller players would get their revenge by just accidently landing on your hand, or twist your fingers while you go for a header and stuff. If your need more insights on german football, you ask.
September 8, 2010 @ 09:59 AM
V.Lopez

oh i kno german football is very rough. im a very technical player but i have no problem with the physical side of the game, i love it actually and i never back down. i kno 21 is old but theres always still a chance if you have the skills. what club were u with in germany? my friend has family who live in augsburg and i may go stay with them at some point and travel around germany. or ill go to Leeds where i have friends as well. and paris is the last place ive got friends in europe. so i have some options i just need to get over there.
September 8, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
kalisto

oh i kno german football is very rough. im a very technical player but i have no problem with the physical side of the game, i love it actually and i never back down. i kno 21 is old but theres always still a chance if you have the skills. what club were u with in germany? my friend has family who live in augsburg and i may go stay with them at some point and travel around germany. or ill go to Leeds where i have friends as well. and paris is the last place ive got friends in europe. so i have some options i just need to get over there.

Oh germans football isn't the roughest, it's by far the fastest. The roughest and slowest is played in Italy (sucks tbh). But it's multiple times rougher than in US/South America. My club was 1. FC K
September 8, 2010 @ 05:33 PM
V.Lopez

Oh germans football isn't the roughest, it's by far the fastest. The roughest and slowest is played in Italy (sucks tbh). But it's multiple times rougher than in US/South America. My club was 1. FC K
September 8, 2010 @ 05:33 PM
V.Lopez

I see where you dudes are coming from, I was at Fulham but I got injured and they replaced me with Chris Smalling. We all know how that one ends.

damn
September 8, 2010 @ 07:13 PM
Moe911

I played against bayer leverkesuen and werder bremen's youth teams u19 teams last summer and we got owned...
September 9, 2010 @ 01:58 PM
loltown

We trashed the Hamburger SV's U17 last year :D
Ok it was their third team, but we still did good, caused a lot of players go to St. Pauli's youth. You simply gotta love them.
Did any of you ever go to these bigger youth tournaments where the Bundesliga teamshave their first U17 team and stuff? Its so epic to watch them play against real bad players. You nearly start laughing :D
kalisto still playing anywhere?
September 9, 2010 @ 03:02 PM
kalisto

With which team did you trash HSV U17? Never liked playing HSV or Bremen, the traveling was just a pain in the ass.

Those tournaments were often very boring. Only a few good teams would attend them and the rest of the players were so motivated to beat you, they would play like butchers. As soon as their endurance was low, they would just lose controll over their bodies in some situations and get you off your feet in a very painful way.

I'm not playing anymore. I don't even like to just get together with a few friends really (even though I do in the end). My style of playing doesn't work out in a game with friends, because my technique is seriously bad (I hate dribblings and stuff) and there's no point in constantly pissing off everybody by not giving them a chance to get near the goal or score whenever you feel like it. Plus, I'm a little bit.. eccentric. I can't shut the fuck up.
September 9, 2010 @ 03:45 PM
loltown

Just with my local team here.
We probably were one of those teams that would do anything to stop the good teams. But trashin Hamburg's third was nice. I always loved those tournaments. Especially the ones in Denmark where like all the good danish clubs(Arhus, Copenhagen etc.) came some better German ones (Kiel, L
September 9, 2010 @ 04:06 PM
sjem

If he's not technically very good he's not gonna be like Schweinsteiger is he? Sounds more like a more defensive Vieira say. But hey what do I know...
September 9, 2010 @ 05:11 PM
kalisto

If he's not technically very good he's not gonna be like Schweinsteiger is he? Sounds more like a more defensive Vieira say. But hey what do I know...

I'm 180cm and my weight is about 80kg, low body fat, so I'm very small for a centre defender, but I'm solid and very fast on the first 10 metres or something, so I'd win pretty much every "second" ball. My technique is limited when it comes to getting past an opponent when I have the ball. I would just sprint towards him like a fat kid towards the ice truck and see what happens. I don't think you can compare me to a popular player, you can't become popular with my set of skills. My passing was very good, you could literally fire anything in my direction and I could work with it. Then again, I was asked to switch from centre to left or right defense, but that's the hardest position on the field and to be good there, you need to learn it over years. I was 18 when I tried that, and failed. We would sometimes take a talented guy from U15 (!!) in our U18 team because this position is soooo hard to play, there just was nobody who could play there.
September 9, 2010 @ 07:22 PM
Moe911

Ya i always knew Fullbacks are the most underrated positions. You need quick feet and strong upper body for that kind of position. Sorta like evra or jerome boateng.
September 10, 2010 @ 01:02 AM
sjem

I'm 180cm and my weight is about 80kg, low body fat, so I'm very small for a centre defender, but I'm solid and very fast on the first 10 metres or something, so I'd win pretty much every "second" ball. My technique is limited when it comes to getting past an opponent when I have the ball. I would just sprint towards him like a fat kid towards the ice truck and see what happens. I don't think you can compare me to a popular player, you can't become popular with my set of skills. My passing was very good, you could literally fire anything in my direction and I could work with it. Then again, I was asked to switch from centre to left or right defense, but that's the hardest position on the field and to be good there, you need to learn it over years. I was 18 when I tried that, and failed. We would sometimes take a talented guy from U15 (!!) in our U18 team because this position is soooo hard to play, there just was nobody who could play there.

Lol you actually sound like the sort of player I was when I played regularly but obviously much better.
September 10, 2010 @ 01:38 AM
Alan_Watts

left/right back hardest to play? nahhh son the center mid is the hardest imo, its difficult as shit to play, so many decisions to make, like whether or not to go 11o% for this tackle or just hold him to the pass, i played left back thank the lord i was able to run the wings and blessed with a sick left foot...
September 10, 2010 @ 03:27 AM
Shaun

^ tried to +rep for being a fellow united fan/left footer. cool
September 10, 2010 @ 08:14 AM
Alan_Watts

^worrrrrrrdcool
September 21, 2010 @ 05:40 PM
V.Lopez

ive been slackin on updating scores lately but lets just say schalke are still suckin it big time, wolfsburg finally won, werder are slumpin and bayern just narrowly beat hoffenheim today thanks to Daniel Van Buytens last minute goal. updates to keep comin when i have time if anyone else wants to help put up scores and such go right ahead
September 22, 2010 @ 06:28 AM
HabsFan

How come Berlin doesn't have any teams?
September 23, 2010 @ 08:06 AM
V.Lopez

hertha is in the 2nd division
September 23, 2010 @ 12:03 PM
HabsFan

hertha is in the 2nd division

It's still surprising that Germany's mega city doesn't have a great team.
September 23, 2010 @ 07:41 PM
V.Lopez

both berlin clubs are in the second division. hertha is a big club but relegation can happen to ANYONE
October 17, 2010 @ 07:21 PM
loltown

Mainz lost for the first time this season. I wished they woulda had that winnin streak record. but gomez scorin 3 goals is better imo. who woulda thought he would score at all &)
October 26, 2010 @ 08:03 AM
VirtueCircle

Bayern vs. Bremen for the DFB cup tonight..

Please login first to reply.