streetwear:is it really that serious?

April 02, 2008 @ 23:36:50
dmwalking
Yo, I do a lot of lurking....I only post on HB but I lurk everywhere....I'm noticing that people take this whole "streetwear"/fashion thing waaaaaaaay too serious in my opinion. Like dudes get mad if you rock a w)taps shirt w/visvims or something. Or dudes clown you for rocking new eras.....

Anyway, I like HB because in my opinion, dudes on here have style but without being so damn anal about everything....it's more or less to look good.

I mean, yeah, I'm all for culture and everything but really.....it's just clothes....maybe I just don't get it the way some people don't understand why i buy so many kicks.

So, what's your take? Is streetwear really THAT serious?

go 'head and hit me with the failed pics...i'm just curious to see your take on it all. blushing

and you can pick more than one.

HB stands for Help Beast. Currently supporting the supportive movement.

April 02, 2008 @ 23:39:32
Streetwear is just one of the things I'm interested in. It doesn't define me at all. I think it should be that way for everybody.
April 02, 2008 @ 23:42:10
Originally posted by Inactive User
Anyway, I like HB because in my opinion, dudes on here have style but without being so damn anal about everything

there are some real elitist kind of guys on this forum thinking they king shit...thats being anal
April 02, 2008 @ 23:42:42
dmwalking
btw, i'm in between option 2 and 3.

HB stands for Help Beast. Currently supporting the supportive movement.

April 02, 2008 @ 23:42:55
there are just people out there that no matter what will think that their stuff is better then your stuff/ or how they choose to wear it.

whether its clothes, cars, sport teams, or 5 year olds with tazo's. there will always be people who take things to serious
April 02, 2008 @ 23:44:23
yeah basically some folks take it real serious ...me on the other hand I wanna feel comfortable in my own skin I rock what I like and what i think looks good...shit my last fit I'm rocking fucking catipillar boots I bought from VIMs...but yeah I do think some folks need to lighten up cuz honestly outside these forums .....it's not so serious
April 02, 2008 @ 23:46:12
^the poll is wrong. one choice has 100% while others have 33%. possible? haha
April 02, 2008 @ 23:48:52

haha...166%
April 02, 2008 @ 23:49:23
yeah basically some folks take it real serious ...me on the other hand I wanna feel comfortable in my own skin I rock what I like and what i think looks good..

There it is.
April 03, 2008 @ 00:04:05
im not even into the streetwear shit like that...im just a sneakerhead who wears tite clothes
April 03, 2008 @ 00:23:32
^even though

eg. currently 17 votes. #3 had 7 of them. that is 41.18% of the votes been made.

% is outta 100 bro

btw...i like your fits
April 03, 2008 @ 00:32:58
Its As Serious As It Gets
April 03, 2008 @ 00:54:03
Nah b
April 03, 2008 @ 01:04:25
Drewbacca
fizz izz ail on the thread.

but yes. serious buisiness

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

April 03, 2008 @ 01:29:08
Just wear what you like, be you. If anyone gives you a problem...rape them with a rake.
April 03, 2008 @ 07:08:45
whatever man... its just clothes. the only reason i may seem into streetwear is cause its all based off of the culture that has been a part of my life for so long... 90s hip hop and skateboarding. but i was doing the same thing before i had found these online forums... only my style was more OG street... now my clothes fit a little better, and are made better.
April 03, 2008 @ 10:09:58

Inactive User

I'm sure alot of people that posted in this thread really dont care about it that much. But, OF COURSE everyone is gonna try and be non chalant about it. Part of being cool is trying your hardest to not give a shit about certain things.
April 03, 2008 @ 10:13:36
whats your take ion it sub? the actual topic of the thread, not the people in it.

damn lawyers... they talk smart and dont say a damn thing about what is important
April 03, 2008 @ 10:25:12

Inactive User

I'm into fashion in general. Just the design of it or proportions or fabric or colors or fit. Whether it be something from "streetwear" or classic Americana shit or high fashion. I'm not a slave to one thing nor do I bitch and gripe about certain fashion being watered down or commercialized. But if i didnt care I wouldnt be on this site and other forums I participate in. I give and take from certain things I learned on here. I'm not gonna front like I havent. It all gets put in prospective though...it IS just clothing.
April 03, 2008 @ 10:32:01
yea its just clothes...i laugh when dudes are like " you have to know the meaning" or my favorite "google so and so" , its like come on
April 03, 2008 @ 10:34:49
whatever man... its just clothes. the only reason i may seem into streetwear is cause its all based off of the culture that has been a part of my life for so long... 90s hip hop and skateboarding. but i was doing the same thing before i had found these online forums... only my style was more OG street... now my clothes fit a little better, and are made better.

co-sign, i could NOT said this any better.
April 03, 2008 @ 10:35:12
ok... maybe it is more than clothes tho... it really does pain me a little to see kids appropriating styles from the past without knowing where it came from. its not like im gonna think less of you because of it, unless you pull a lupe and claim that you dont care and you refuse to take the time to find out where it came from... and i have mad respect for people who do understand the meaning and history of it.
April 03, 2008 @ 10:37:42

Inactive User

Exactly. Im not gonna clown people that are really into it because we are all passionate about something. And, we all went through phases where we are totally in love with something. But, elitism is where i draw the line, if you're that much of an asshole to act like someone doesnt deserve to wear something thats what turns people off about it. But then again, its to be expected. In every subgenre or culture people turn thier noses up at certain things when at one time they where new to it and just learning too.
April 03, 2008 @ 10:42:25
i used t be like that, but i gave up. when skateboarding started blowing up in 99-00, i fucking hated it... seeing people walking around wearing the things that used to be symbols of the culture that i lived... but everything becomes a commodity at some point, and by that time its too late to hold as precious and your own. you have to either keep doing you (and know that real recognizes real), or move on.
April 03, 2008 @ 10:47:04
everything becomes a commodity at some point, and by that time its too late to hold as precious and your own. you have to either keep doing you (and know that real recognizes real), or move on.

once again you speak the truth...
April 03, 2008 @ 10:48:39
its something ive had years to think about.
April 03, 2008 @ 10:55:16
there are just people out there that no matter what will think that their stuff is better then your stuff/ or how they choose to wear it.

whether its clothes, cars, sport teams, or 5 year olds with tazo's. there will always be people who take things to serious

Great explanation.
Topic over.
April 03, 2008 @ 10:56:10

Inactive User

I feel the same way about hip hop. I used to be that angry nigar who was always bitching about whats killing hip hop. Now I have fun laughing at everyone in the Music section who has a hissy fit about the new latest dance song. Silly children.
April 03, 2008 @ 11:08:24
i hate the elitist mentality cause not everyone has the luxury of growing up in NY or LA where streetwear has been around since the beginning but then if you are gonna rock something at least try to know where its coming from. I hated when kids were rocking the misfits-diamonds shirts or de la soul sb's and didnt listen to them or know who they were. Especially with supreme...know what its about be4 you wear it. but like cheep said...u just gotta let it go
April 03, 2008 @ 12:50:54
I like sneakers more than the clothes.And i dont like everything thats streetwear. I like the stuff thats interesting and looks good.
Please login first to reply.
x