Hypebeast Clothing Lines

March 28, 2006 @ 00:32:40
Just a word of advice. If you have a "clothing line" or a "label of t-shirts" and you post topics on this forum about your "line" YOU ARE A HERB. Get off the internet. Get on the streets. You are ruining your name and making your self look like a child.

Also, to all those who think they will gain valuable information about forming a "line" or getting their merchandise produced and constructed. YOUR NOT GOING TO LEARN THAT ON HYPEBEAST. Hypebeast's audience is 16 year old dunk fiends who don't know a damn thing about the fashion industry. Get an internship at a label, befriend someone who has a job at the industry, get involved. BUT DO NOT POST ON FORUMS YOUR "DESIGNS." Because they suck. Don't you guys have friends? Friends off the internet, I mean.
March 28, 2006 @ 01:10:46
March 28, 2006 @ 01:43:54
^^ listen to this!
March 28, 2006 @ 06:35:18

Inactive User

great words.
March 28, 2006 @ 07:37:22

Inactive User

I love the way everyone has become the ultimate voice of authority on hype beast lately. Thank you very much for this post.....im sure this will stop people from showcasing thier clothing lines on ere.....yeah.......thanks.
March 28, 2006 @ 09:28:24
idk but it seems like the new comers in HB are getting dumb, like the guy who posted the picture of that fat chic.
March 28, 2006 @ 09:33:02
please dont be hatin on us who has the creativity and the passion for what we do... we like to share what we do.
March 28, 2006 @ 09:33:59
Originally posted by Inactive User
idk but it seems like the new comers in HB are getting dumb, like the guy who posted the picture of that fat chic.


March 28, 2006 @ 10:34:32
Did you need to create a new username to voice your opinion?

Originally posted by Inactive User
Just a word of advice. If you have a "clothing line" or a "label of t-shirts" and you post topics on this forum about your "line" YOU ARE A HERB. Get off the internet. Get on the streets. You are ruining your name and making your self look like a child.


How do you know that they are not on the streets? Maybe they are excercising all their options (streets + internet)? I mean, do you know what they do every minute of their lives? And how are they "RUINING" their name? They are showcasing their brand on the internet (for FREE), getting feedback, absorbing that, and responding. They also get the "word-of-mouth" effect. One person sees their clothes here, and emails are sent, links are provided and BAM! A loyal consumer base awaits even BEFORE the clothing is produced (case in point: A PROJECT/Panda).

Originally posted by Inactive User
Also, to all those who think they will gain valuable information about forming a "line" or getting their merchandise produced and constructed. YOUR NOT GOING TO LEARN THAT ON HYPEBEAST. Get an internship at a label, befriend someone who has a job at the industry, get involved.


I can pretty much agree with that
March 28, 2006 @ 10:47:31

Inactive User

this should turn into a fun topic..of arguing..haha..
March 28, 2006 @ 11:56:50
Sadly, I think I have to agree with the thread-starter...There should be a "don't flaunt your own sh!t" rule, otherwise this might as well be a cork board at the local junior college.

Build a website, post it in your bio and sig, and then make noticable and intelligent comments on the forum. If you ask for people's opinions, you're bound to get 'em...and chances are, you don't want 'em.
March 28, 2006 @ 12:02:23

Inactive User

Originally posted by Inactive User
I love the way everyone has become the ultimate voice of authority on hype beast lately. Thank you very much for this post.....im sure this will stop people from showcasing thier clothing lines on ere.....yeah.......thanks.


hmm is there a way to show sarcasm without the use of smileys?
March 28, 2006 @ 12:19:11

Inactive User

Hahaha Subculture, I totally understood your sarcasm on the first post ( ;
March 28, 2006 @ 12:26:30

Inactive User

Yeah as the # of members increase...the more assholes we get. And the internet has had a huuuuge impact on the promotion of music..why can't it be the same for clothing lines?
March 28, 2006 @ 12:30:21

Inactive User

Hehehe DUM, yeah. But wait until supertalk.com people come over to HB. Phew.
March 28, 2006 @ 12:35:43

Inactive User

Ha, yeah I've seen my fair share of bad forums. Eventually they all get bogged down with bullshit and stupid people if the mods don't clean it all up.

Herb1's the worst of course...haha...ISS isn't too much fun either.
March 28, 2006 @ 12:39:57

Inactive User

Dum

get off the computer and do ya work nigga!
March 28, 2006 @ 12:40:45

Inactive User

Well, looks like Chris (C to the J L) ain't doing his job then eh? Hahahaha ( ;
March 28, 2006 @ 12:42:10

Inactive User

Yeah Cloth, do your job god dammit. Where's Kevin? Did him and Jun run away together?
March 28, 2006 @ 12:44:49

Inactive User

Hahahaha Kevin and Jun eh? Sitting on a tree, K I S S I N G... Hahaha jk. But dude, Kevin is quite the very humble dude. I don't know if he'll bitch at Chris ( ; That kid runs the streets, no kidding ( ;
March 28, 2006 @ 12:45:15

Inactive User

Since the topic was stupid and I seem to have taken over already:

Fuck you too sub...I'm in art class..i hate this. I'm so bored. I accidentally IM'ed your brother and he said "subs not here right now". Thought that was funny.
March 28, 2006 @ 12:50:48

Inactive User

Originally posted by Inactive User
Since the topic was stupid and I seem to have taken over already:

Fuck you too sub...I'm in art class..i hate this. I'm so bored. I accidentally IM'ed your brother and he said "subs not here right now". Thought that was funny.


lol @ my brother referring to me as "sub"
March 28, 2006 @ 13:16:57
You guys just proved my point.
March 28, 2006 @ 14:05:17
Originally posted by Inactive User
Yeah as the # of members increase...the more assholes we get. And the internet has had a huuuuge impact on the promotion of music..why can't it be the same for clothing lines?


Maybe if 9 out of every 10 clothing lines that make a freshman appearance on here didn't blow Bea Arthur for spare change, than you wouldn't have people like myself shittin' on all y'all.

And a few of you need to stop making pearls and dig the sand out of your pussies. (BIG UPS to u'rryone supportin' the cause though. Big things a gwan.)

(and since most of you probably have no clue who Bea Arthur is, here's a little help. Get on my level and knowledge up on your Golden Girls steez.)

I WOULD SO GO DOWN ON BLANCHE!
March 28, 2006 @ 14:17:28

Inactive User

Ah yes another brillant post filled with not onlysmart ass statements but also pop culture refrences as well. The ultimate amo for forum bullies all over the net.

and by the way......Id rather tap Rose....she had that innocent vibe but you know she was a freak.
March 28, 2006 @ 15:11:16

Inactive User

Shut up memphis. No one cares. Lots of people post "brands" on here including myself...and if it's wack it's wack...don't go aimlessly complaining about shit. If you don't like something just tell that person. Everyone is being a bitch lately and trying to point something out about Hb or streetwear in general and msot of it is bullshit. It doesnt make anyone look smart. We're all equal. We're commies.
March 28, 2006 @ 15:26:55
i mean blogs, forums, webistes its always a good way to reach out to the streets, other countries and place you cant get to (suburbs) . these are a good way to get your stuff out there but there most def there is no reason to be mad ... lol! especially when you also have the time to make such a post or monitor those who are posting there clothing.

you cant knock the hustle or attempt to knock the ones who are at least trying but all in all i know some of you guys havent personally seen a bape street team or alien or any other brand labels sometimes the interent is how some of us reach out to thoose labels we cant get on our blocks or streets.

please understand that!

no harm intended
March 28, 2006 @ 18:27:31
Originally posted by Inactive User
Shut up memphis. No one cares.

Obviously you do or else you wouldn't have replied.

Originally posted by Inactive User
Lots of people post "brands" on here including myself...and if it's wack it's wack...don't go aimlessly complaining about shit. If you don't like something just tell that person.

I do, by posting ridiculous comments that are relative to my opinion.

Originally posted by Inactive User
Everyone is being a bitch lately and trying to point something out about Hb or streetwear in general and msot of it is bullshit. It doesnt make anyone look smart. We're all equal. We're commies.

Um...NO and NO.





eatadick! ;) :D
March 28, 2006 @ 18:39:19
I'f your shit is hot, its hot, if its wack its wack

if you introduce it here or not it doesn't really matter

my personal opinion simply is that most of the stuff that has debuted here doesn't appeal to me, but then again I accept that thats just my feeling.

I thought the "a fucking T-shirt" design wasboring as hell, but then people on other webblogs liked it enough to giveit write ups so it is what it is

the one thing I wil say is that you won't get a very honest opinion here, because people will big you up just because they hope you will do the same for them when they make their little shirt
March 28, 2006 @ 19:09:53

Inactive User

haha Mike..i hate you..and you too DUM..as long as this shit stays respectful..even tho i seen a few fuck you's thrown..i wont lock it..i mean...

this is a PUBLIC forum..for people to post WHATEVER they want..and even the haters "post ridiculous comments about the clothing brands" so atleast the person whos putting it out is giving feedback..yada mean?
Please login first to reply.
x