Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 31, 2013 @ 08:44 AM
nonword

October 31, 2013 @ 08:47 AM
Saber

Lol that's actually pretty funny, I never thought of it that way
October 31, 2013 @ 01:09 PM
Olive C

So true. Team sports are so engrained in our culture that we don't really stop to think about it: all these different games, with slightly different rules and slightly different costumes, all involving one thing: chasing a little ball around. I suppose on some level it's so primitive; humans enjoy this type of competition. But seriously, it is beyond me how people can follow teams season after season...Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose, but each time, its like this huge deal. Like, don't you have the same shit to watch again next weekend? I have nothing against sports fans, but they do amuse me with how serious they are about it. I mean, seriously: choose which colour of shirt and which size ball you prefer, and get really fcuking pissed about it!!! LOL
October 31, 2013 @ 01:23 PM
Pantic

^
Dead @ this guy and his spock avatar talking down sports, i can see the neckbeard through your post
October 31, 2013 @ 05:22 PM
ATLchop

I can tell you niggas were the ones who got picked last in every sport growing up.

From my experience dudes who hate on sports the most are the ones who were never good at them. Sports are a lot more than rooting for shirts or chasing a ball around. It's about competition, learning how to win gracefully and lose gracefully while bettering yourself from your losses....something that's very important if you want to have a successful life. Sports are about taking chances and putting your body on the line for your city or school or teammates (most of which you're typically decent friends with and who you build a brotherhood with) and knowing that your teammates will do the same for you. It's about leadership and learning your role, learning how to work effectively with other people who come from completely different backgrounds than you. It's about work ethic, if you want to be good you have to invest the time to see results...another important life lesson. It's about learning how to take criticism from your coaches and instead of being hurt by it, you work harder and make them eat their words.

When it comes to professional sports it's about community and history. You don't boo guys just because they play for the other team (look at how peyton manning was treated by indy just the other week, or how red sox fans treated mariano rivera). Sticking with your city's team and watching them grow until it's finally their time to shine is such a gratifying experience, ESPECIALLY if you're an athlete because you can relate to what they're going through. Having your traditions, whether it's the lambo leap, the Braves chop, or the madness that happens at cameron indoor stadium, bonds entire communities together over something that at face value is just 'chasing a ball around'. Like I said, it's a lot more than that...and people who have never experienced playing sports at a competitive level will never fully understand it.

I played football, basketball, and baseball all through high school and me & my boys reminisce about those days ALL THE TIME. Those were the best days of our lives so far, and not only were they fun...but we built character and learned important life lessons while doing it.

Such a shame some of you geeky ass dudes who can't throw a football 10 yards will never get to experience it or understand it. 
October 31, 2013 @ 05:39 PM
Pantic

Such a shame that you peaked in high school too, L's taken on both sides in this thread
October 31, 2013 @ 05:42 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

Lol that's actually pretty funny, I never thought of it that way
Do you even watch Seinfeld? 

:)

October 31, 2013 @ 05:48 PM
ATLchop

Such a shame that you peaked in high school too, L's taken on both sides in this thread
Aren't you some frail, sickly looking asian kid? lol ok dude. 

I'm 21....I've been out of high school for 3 years, I'm in college, going to law school, I'd say I'm far from peaking. Did I peak in my athletic career in hs? absolutely, I had no intentions of playing in college or professionally. 

Quit reaching for insults. 
October 31, 2013 @ 05:52 PM
99%Shit

The only safe bet is to cheer for Red Bull, they win at everything.

Loeb decimated the record at Pike's Peak.

Vettel just won his 4th WDC title in 4 years.

Fuck, they even had a dude skydive from  space and shit.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 31, 2013 @ 06:00 PM
Pantic

Aren't you some frail, sickly looking asian kid? lol ok dude. 

I'm 21....I've been out of high school for 3 years, I'm in college, going to law school, I'd say I'm far from peaking. Did I peak in my athletic career in hs? absolutely, I had no intentions of playing in college or professionally. 

Quit reaching for insults. 
Nope.
Also you said they were the best days of your life, understandable tho with the whole law school business, must be a drag
October 31, 2013 @ 06:09 PM
PaydPal

I don't feel about sports.

"Real people ain't perfect. Perfect people ain't real."

November 1, 2013 @ 06:19 AM
99%Shit

Downvoters don't follow real sports.

narsha.narsha.narsha

Please login first to reply.